[✗] [CA Race] Nephilim - Children of Azdromoth + Herald Addition

Milenkhov

15 minutes ago, rukio said:

Lore Denied.

Reason: No kharajyr.

Kha can't be azdrazi as they are not descendants read the lore 

Quite a nice piece of lore. I give it a +1 and hope to see it implemented!

1 hour ago, Luciloo said:

It's a bad rewrite, get better taste.

please leave my friend Jacob alone, I wrote the last rewrite, he just posted it.

57 minutes ago, Milenkhov said:

-snip-

First and foremost, I'd like to say that I think this rewrite is more defined and balanced than the last one, and I support it. It doesn't have the same vagueness that the one I wrote did, and I'm sure it'll be less confusing for players to use properly. That being said, I'd like to note that I wrote various iterations that included a cold weakness, weakness to Palladianism, and an inner flame corruptible by dark magic; you can read it here, for those who might think I'm just talking ****https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/173422-the-children-of-azdromoth/ I was asked to remove each of them. Every edit I made was at the behest of staff.

I fully understand that staff teams go through changes to both their roster and leadership, but this lore specifically has been given the most roundabout requests since 2018. I haven't played on the server in a year at this point, but having spent an unexaggerated two years trying to get the previous iteration accepted, I'd hate to see these guys be forced into a similar pending-hell due to non-sensical and ever-changing balance philosophies further down the road. Regardless, I'm confident in Joel and his team—it's just a matter of who comes after.

+1

I feel like polymorphs should be given a limit, along /w making them less perfect. i.e. puffs of soot from their mouth, darkened eyes, dull talons, ashy skin. Still pree based but weird /w the infinite disguises.

@MilenkhovDoes this part ofn Heralds overwrite the Herald lore that Kalehart wrote?

(Edit: thank you Ryloth)

23 minutes ago, Kaiser said:

@MilenkhovDoes this part ofn Heralds overwrite the Herald lore that Kalehart wrote?

it is an addition. only thing it overwrites is a redline stating heralds can only heal heralds. with this lore they can heal azdrazi rather than azdrazi healing themselves

i dont think this accurately covers weaknesses. maybe in 2-3 more rewrites you'll get it.

Spoiler

+1 got yelled at at work while reading it

4 hours ago, Yeagerist said:

Lost half their enrapturements, regained debilitating weakness to frost from older writes, gained innate weaknesses to three kinds of magic (one of these requires them to be cleansed as a result), now have an exhaustion system, revives no longer instant, polymorphs not only break through ability usage but also exercising their strength, but uhhhhhhh they didn't gain any weaknesses. Mald.

I'll accept this if Bagley is blacklisted from playing an azdrazi btw

Hey, contributed to this and helped [REDACTED] write it (not the banned guy, just the secret writer), and also contributed to the last few rewrites here and there, as well as detailing the original concept and submitting the original lore. My feedback is to add the following restrictions to Polymorphing, namely:

- Polymorphing is not a way of "disguising". It is intended to be a way of Azdrazi being Descendant-passing, and not to necessarily fit into these different societies and groups and RP ecosystems. 

- Polymorphing should be clearly a demonstration of skin-tone changing and shape changing, as well as the disappearance of horns. It should not be a way to disguise as any race other than the one you were born as in my opinion. Meager "ear changes" are fine, but I feel it's important to note in the lore that the Azdrazi's bone structure does not change, and can be perceivable with or without their polymorph in the same way as when you see someone pre-bulk and after bulk-up.  

This is the closest we will ever be to my resounding vision for the Nephilim I had as a teenager in 2016. I'm very happy with the work!

8 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

I'll accept this is Bagley is blacklisted from playing an azdrazi btw

don't do this evil to him bro..

+1 i hate your profile picture milen

1 hour ago, ScreamingDingo said:

I'll accept this if Bagley is blacklisted from playing an azdrazi btw

Time to make Paul an Azdrazi

8 hours ago, Milenkhov said:

we have finally written an inherent weakness to frost-ice and the cold

Good Good GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY