[✗] [CA Race] Nephilim - Children of Azdromoth + Herald Addition

Milenkhov

2 minutes ago, Jaelon said:

jfVQxyF.png

you win.

+1 what’s Azdrazi and who’s Azdromoth?

+1 based af 

50 minutes ago, rukio said:

I don't see any change in weaknesses, to be honest, which was the issue beforehand. 

Thank you for the feedback.

I see a lot of things about how this hasn’t changed much from the old rewrite, this simply isn’t true.

First and foremost, we have finally written an inherent weakness to frost-ice and the cold, something which did not exist in the prior rewrite. (Yes, the last rewrite did not state we were any stricken by the cold than a normal mortal. It will harm us more now).

Secondly, we have added an inherent weakness to all Xannic mist, regardless of it being present in the paladin rewrite. (We were only weak to the xannic forges before, now weapons and etcetera harm us. If this is already apart of your new rewrite for paladins, fair enough).

Thirdly, we are now weak to necromancy and other magic that toil with the mind. This means we can be corrupted, forced into subjugation / subservience and is a clear weakness and drawback presented to us.

Fourthly, we are no longer able to keep our orcish strength in any polymorph without exposing ourselves. In the prior rewrite, we were able to essentially walk around as humans with Uruk strength, something that is no longer the case now. (the disguise begins to fade, making us less hidden.)

Finally, we have added units to our dragonsfire. The prior rewrite allowed us to cast as many draconic spells or use our inner flame infinitely. With this, we are unable to constantly barrage spells or dragons breath even with the cooldown, with all eight units wasted leading to a hard PK.

If you see this as the same as the old rewrite, I suggest comparing with the prior to visualize the changes.

I can’t see any new changes to this rewrite if I close my eyes, curious. 

I went to check the old lore before giving a comment; If we're saying there needs to be some greater definition of weaknesses, I imagine we start looking similarly elsewhere on the forums. Good re-write.

Lost half their enrapturements, regained debilitating weakness to frost from older writes, gained innate weaknesses to three kinds of magic (one of these requires them to be cleansed as a result), now have an exhaustion system, revives no longer instant, polymorphs not only break through ability usage but also exercising their strength, but uhhhhhhh they didn't gain any weaknesses. Mald.

I believe this rewrite has struck true and honestly has fixed any of the previous issues.  I love the culture, I love the lore and I love the people involved!  This is one of the great narratives of LoTC, please don't let this amazing story go untold!

NICE MILENKHOV! NICE REWRITE MILENKHOV NICE!

1 hour ago, Luciloo said:

I was never on the ST honey. Like your lore was fine when you wrote it, but clearly issues have risen with the CA and its playerbase which need addressing. This doesn't address any of those issues, it's not good enough and I'm sorry you feel otherwise.

I could counter this by addressing the issues at hand with Naztherak and their inability to serve any sort of meaningful narrative because it's so fox holed in the druids which is literally sealed off to everyone, tbh.  I think we should all stop with the fun killing and just vibe, because we're literally roleplaying on Minecraft.  So let's just be supportive and all chillllllllllllllllll.  I believe if you actually read this lore you will find all the problems and reasons to be sour about it have been adequately taken care of tbh. . .

druids and paladins across the world malding even tho azdrazi got even easier to kill. wait until vehement smithing v2 electric boogaloo

17 minutes ago, Ryloth said:

druids and paladins across the world malding even tho azdrazi got even easier to kill. wait until vehement smithing v2 electric boogaloo

Lore Denied.

Reason: No kharajyr.

23 minutes ago, Blunderous said:

I could counter this by addressing the issues at hand with Naztherak and their inability to serve any sort of meaningful narrative because it's so fox holed in the druids which is literally sealed off to everyone, tbh.  I think we should all stop with the fun killing and just vibe, because we're literally roleplaying on Minecraft.  So let's just be supportive and all chillllllllllllllllll.  I believe if you actually read this lore you will find all the problems and reasons to be sour about it have been adequately taken care of tbh. . .

if you’d like to have a character with Druidism, you’re always welcome to reach out to me :) it’s just as easy as coming to the grove, really.

i don't have much of an opinion on the rewrite overall since i've never really rped with azdrazi but i think the polymorphing just enables lazy slice of life creature rp :(

izkuthii tier disguise bullshittery is just so lame and used to avoid conflict, it's like the slice of life frost witches and i just ... don't like it, it's unfair, but i think it could be tolerable if there was still some kind of slight tell that they're not what they seem

(pls stop giving every CA disguise capabilities you should have to live with being a wacko)