On the State of Affairs, 378 ES

GMRO

On the State of Affairs, 378 ES

Issued and Confirmed by His Excellency, Margrave Maric var Ruthern of Greyspine

“Bar Maan Ovare Syr.”

OPebWh-gd609zhx8tI9ra-kT5L-2P5M7mH9JsSE79l1IDfFA-DaHSZJIY_vLepD8A6Q2YMtHU1tOyHTGE-TUehr_KtRLXLoDadm8nurOyrRbC5qK4_D5hI0hQK5Ubv9792N9fSDx

4th of Wzuvar ag Byvca 378 ES

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

AN OLD TRADITION REKINDLED

Upon writing this letter, I wish to extend a brief bow to the Palatine of which I have taken this tradition from. Perhaps others have replicated such before; I do not know. All that is known is that it is a mighty fine tradition that allows for matters to be known and talked upon. Hence, I address and dedicate this missive to His Highness, Prince Georg Stanimar of the House of Barbanov-Alimar. 

Prince Georg was the second Lord Speaker of the Duma, and instrumental in its creation and character as it is today. Georg served at a tumultuous time, during the War of Two Emperors, additionally serving as the Lord Regent for Andrik III after the death of Marius II. In which, he eventually passed inside a Renatian prison following his kidnap by a group known as by the dragon knight alongside his twin brother.

I hope dearly that this tradition continues on in some capacity after my tenure, in a hope for the subjects of Hanseti-Ruska to remain connected. In conjunction with the Aulic Government, as to pay tribute to the memory of Georg.

THE STATE OF THE TROLL WAR

There within the trenches of our cannon-line did I find myself. Shoulder to shoulder with my Haeseni brethren as our lines descended upon the frozen fortress of Krusev, the conquered home of our noble compatriots; the Kortreviches. At first we bombarded their stolen holding with cannon and trebuchet fire, in exchange however, we received rocks thrown at our positions. It was not a few hours before our ammunition had been depleted. Hence, did our glorious banners unfurl heavenward, signalling our dragonnade to commence forth.

At our front, and leading into the breached walls was our Lord Marshal, from where the fighting was burdensome and at its thickest. Troll bodies scattered the line of battle, though in their midst too, did the limp bodies of Haeseni men and women fall. Fighting as if their life depended on it, while the treasured medicus clashed into the lines, saving many a soldier. For which we are eternally thankful. Smoke billowed from the battlegrounds as those troll rapscallions retreated from our lands. Victory was thus secured; at a cost.

I find myself throughout this conflict torn asunder. The Rimeveld Trolls came down from their mountainous solitude due to the burning of their totem. If we had yielded to these beasts and simply allowed them to take from our farms as they pleased; we would have starved. It was of course a case to pick the lesser of two evils. 

It is our hope that whilst the fighting is likely finished, some sort of peace can be obtained. A totem to allow the trolls to farm must be repaired. A meeting for those interested in such an adventure so that this war was not truly one of extermination will soon be under way led by Lorelei Mirvaris. I would encourage all to seek this woman out so that some good can be obtained out of this battle.

Attention should also be similarly given to the conclusion of our Attenlund expedition. Peace now reigns over our Eastern holdings thanks to those whom travelled out to those wild lands. Reports tell of battles against unholy creatures such as giant crabs to near unkillable beasts known as Nachezer. The Crown thanks those who most graciously rose to the challenge of the untamed lands, and established the King’s presence forever after.

THE WARS AFTERMATH

Both the populations of the trolls as well as our own have dwindled from this war. Our noble medicus has worked to ensure that disease does not pick away more from our families. It is now our hope that with peace soon to be established, our rebuilding initiatives can be revitalized. 

Construction efforts have already begun in creating a district for revelry to replace our previous tourney grounds, and shall soon hope to be completed. Additionally, a new entry point to our vassals at the other end of the city is underway by the Maer Otto August. In the far reaches now that the Attenlund Expedition has concluded, it is our hope to now begin creating new castles for the Crown. 

Finally, the Lord Treasurer, Lord Erich Barclay, has seen fit to allow for the new combining of city homes together. Additionally, these house prices have dropped after several pleas called for such. It is therefore the case that there has not been a better time to invest in the kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

HIS MAJESTY'S LATEST APPOINTMENTS

During my period as Palatine, I have had the pleasure to work alongside several talented individuals. Eventually however, we grow old and retire. I wished to personally thank those recently stepping down for those years of service such as the Surgeon General, Knight Paramount, and Seneschal. All did well in their jobs, even if there were certainly some disagreements along the way.

Our new appointments, such as that of Aleksandra Ludovar to Seneschal or Ser Cedric to Knight Paramount, shall aim to continue the good work that their predecessors began. The light of Haense’s future is strong indeed.

TIZ VE WIKLEYZ I JOVE AG KOENG,

His Excellency, Maric var Ruthern, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska, Margrave of Greyspine, Count of Metterden, Baron of Rostig

guEYsAq6hFkI49g6A4jPsZb26ReddZ3Pt96YjDo33p7aYo6hTircMwgXP5xBHnU880Ti895NyG7NVETfqFZRfXTLAKFcaUWCJnrlAYFYCqgVnFPs56XHr-gFv1577zscRTyJ--OA

10 minutes ago, GMRO said:

It is our hope that whilst the fighting is likely finished, some sort of peace can be obtained. A totem to allow the trolls to farm must be repaired. A meeting for those interested in such an adventure so that this war was not truly one of extermination will soon be under way led by Lorelei Miravaris. I would encourage all to seek this woman out so that some good can be obtained out of this battle.

Lorelei picked up the missive at her desk, scanning it over with a quick nod. Then, stretching out her arms, the elfess grinned over to Maeve @Mady - who was lounging on a nearby chair. "It's about time these valah start to fix what they have undone. And by Larihei, I'm itching for a good adventure."

Lounging in her chair under the sun, Maeve Elibar'acal would hear Lorelei speaking to her through the open doorway of her office. "You and your adventures." She clicked her tongue, her nose lifting upwards. "Larihei knows the valah will be your undoing llir." She mumbled, moving to take her fruity coocnut drink to her lips, continuing on with her vacation vibes.