The Watchful Eye

riorr

Spoiler

kGKlvRt4nMjqz4MTxsbAamW4D0CTDbrI_WiYW0n0g4dN-oHqA1ObdaDgzPQyud6I8-RFCoTbp4cDBlUDc4W-pE-4ck6YAM0Eq53xQjjszBzxG8P5yNIHkRxLA2OeisviKi6qDUc7

The Mousehole

A town devoid of life, despiriting. A town stagnated, silent. When I peer out from the windows of my dwelling every morning, afternoon, evening and night, that is what I see. For so long now, this has been the state of affairs in The Mousehole. A keeper should not be there simply to take care of taxes, but people also. Keeper Toffee has made her best efforts to do so. Lamentably, she no longer has the mental energy for the job. She leaves the following message for us all:

Spoiler

"Dear Mousehole,

Regrettably, I have failed you. I haven't lived up to everyone's expectations- the expectations of my forefathers, my people, and other states. I know now that my time has come to step down and choose a more capable leader. I am putting my second-in-command, Thyme, in charge. 

Maybe I'll be back, maybe never. I'm going away for a while, to see if I can learn to lead better... stay safe, please.

Sincerely, Toffee."

Our race has faced tremendous hardship. As Musin, we have spent many decades from the years of Crumlin, merely surviving. We deserve to thrive. I look to create an environment in which each and every Musin family can do so. When you sleep at night in The Mousehole, I want for you to feel warmth knowing you are being watched over. I am stepping up to this task, not as the representative of Musinkind, but of our home.

Thyme Baudelaire

Keeper of The Mousehole, Owner of The Baudelaire Trove, Watchmaker.

kGKlvRt4nMjqz4MTxsbAamW4D0CTDbrI_WiYW0n0g4dN-oHqA1ObdaDgzPQyud6I8-RFCoTbp4cDBlUDc4W-pE-4ck6YAM0Eq53xQjjszBzxG8P5yNIHkRxLA2OeisviKi6qDUc7

[!] Copies of the letter are pinned to the doors of every Musin home. Upon entering The Mousehole town square, one may notice that the once small campfire had been piled up into a bonfire, with more sitting space than there previously was.

unknown.png

OOC:

Hello!

If we've never spoken before, I'm Rio or Mario. I've been roleplaying on LOTC for over 2 years and have previously led the halflings in Brandybrook for 9 months. I hope that the Musin created by Slorbin and others will be around for a long time

❤️

Toffee approves this, this is her own wording. She ventures off to find more purpose, looking back at her home one last time.

Toast emerges from his hole for the first time in a while, having kicked his addiction to Oyashiman opium through force of will and detox to discover the demands he had made for peaceful abdication had been fulfilled. With this the musin was satisfied, and returned inside to gather up his things for trading.

Tac continues running in and out of the Mousehole into Shelly's Stable, carrying various bits and bobs within her tiny arms. Eventually, when all belongings have been cleared, she'd holler her sibling's names from inside the den before pinning a small letter onto the doorway. It'd be written horribly, as it is safe to assume the musin hardly knew how to write "Th Fnders Kepers r hedin owt t th owl's somethin. Can us-e th burow if wa-nt" She'd then lead the dwarven riding beetle out of the cave whilst Toe and Tic clambered on, leaving the cavern empty and deserted.

Tic, visibly pleased to finally be free of the rather depressing and empty Mousehole, eagerly clambers aboard the beetle with Tac, Toe, and all their gathered belongings. She waves goodbye to the city gates as they pass through with the wind ruffling their fur in a comforting embrace, now free to spend their days travelling and singing songs their mother taught them and their nights curled up in tents by a crackling campfire, cosy and safe.

Partway through the journey Tic departs, promising her beloved siblings that she will visit them soon. She makes her way to Providence, ready to live the life young Musin dream of and supply the good people of the big city with fine quality clothing and excellent customer service.