On the Topic of Aeldin

Crevel

On the Topic of Aeldin  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you and your homies think Aeldin should be officially soft-shelved?

• Hell yeah!
    • Hell nah!
    • What is Aeldin?
    • This poll is public and I prefer not to speak.

Aeldin has been used by the community in the roleplay as part of the server lore for too many years to now simply pretend it never existed in the first place so, no, I don't personally think It would be a good idea to have it be shelved in any manner.

17 minutes ago, Sham404 said:

The ruling on Aeldin says this. No one should be playing a noble from there, it breaks the redline of the verdict as well as the general verdicts of the ST regarding it. Without following these points, Aeldin would have never been allowed to exist in server at all to begin with. We are suggesting these rules regarding Aeldin are enforced. 

@breeni correct me if im wrong, but he isn't saying that people should be allowed to legitimately come from Aeldin, but rather they should be allowed to claim in roleplay that theyre from Aeldin. There's nothing wrong with parading around as some noble or even a king from a faraway land even if it isnt canonically true as long as u dont expect to get anything out of it OOCly but rather acknowledge that its nothing more than an in-character bluff or delusion

Aeldin was conquered by an Aztec civilization at the start of this map. Purchase the Sunset Invasion DLC ($4.99) to see your favorite Aeldin characters on Almaris.

1 hour ago, Urahra said:

Solution to the Aeldin problem:

Next map, we're going to Aeldin, babeeeeeyyyy.

Then you destroy it with the apocalypse du jour and done-zo! 

Honestly the idea of the Aeldin mysteriously vanishing and we coming to a continent full of ruins with hints all over and stuff

that's lowkey interesting

1 hour ago, Urahra said:

Honestly the idea of the Aeldin mysteriously vanishing and we coming to a continent full of ruins with hints all over and stuff

Aeldin is fine and making a character from Aeldin is also fine. Hell, being a noble from Aeldin also is fine. Just don’t spam unplayed Aeldin lines on the FamilyEcho ty

1 hour ago, Urahra said:

Bu - but... we're gotta make skylands like in Dragon Hunters. 😳

Just now, yopplwasupxxx said:

Aeldin is fine and making a character from Aeldin is also fine. Hell, being a noble from Aeldin also is fine. Just don’t spam unplayed Aeldin lines on the FamilyEcho ty

agreed

6 minutes ago, JustMeMorgan said:

now imagine doing this w/ a continent where the 4 descendant races have already lived

get in loser we're going to Anthos

1 minute ago, monkeypoacher said:

now imagine doing this w/ a continent where the 4 descendant races have already lived

get in loser back to axios?

Just now, JustMeMorgan said:

get in loser back to axios?

get in loser back to the vortex test temp map

Just now, monkeypoacher said:

get in loser back to the vortex test temp map

get in loser we're going to hypixel

39 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

GET IN LOSER, WE'RE GOING TO AEGIS

FULL CIRCLE BABBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY

As much as I am sure it is irritating that people have been ignoring the ruling on Aeldin from 3.5, unfortunately that ruling hasn't been enforced up to this point and the proverbial cat will not be returning to the bag. I do like to idea of shelving Aeldin by us actually going there, perhaps during or following some kind of disaster. Of course, that sort of thing is a long ways off as this map has plenty of potential left in it. 

I voted yes to soft shelve Aeldin because in a perfect world, that is what I would do. However, you have to acknowledge reality that half the playerbase has an interest in not soft shelving it and it isn't feasible or desirable to just override their wishes. Such high handed moves have caused more harm than good in the past.