On the Topic of Aeldin

Crevel

On the Topic of Aeldin  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you and your homies think Aeldin should be officially soft-shelved?

• Hell yeah!
    • Hell nah!
    • What is Aeldin?
    • This poll is public and I prefer not to speak.

4 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

-snip-

See, I agree with you there. I do think that the worldbuilding potential that a continent like Aeldin can provide is astounding, but the truth is that Aeldin itself cannot provide that anymore because of the OOC degradation of it that I would say comes from people trying to use it for personal benefit rather than the greater roleplay narrative. My main point here is that Aeldin is outdated, and because it's still accepted among circles people will begin throwing **** at a wall in hopes that it sticks when it is convenient for them. I can say this firsthand because this was something I almost did about a year ago in which I tried creating a house that's end goal would be to rise to popularity, one of the members suggested that we start as an Aeldinic family in the Horen family tree so that we would have already had some RP prominence and it would have happened if I didn't lose interest in the family after that.

If Aeldin had some actual updated lore with ST enforcing conditions to stop people from using it as nobility storage, it could work. I think the more appropriate route would be to put an official shelf on recent/new characters using Aeldin in their backstory and create a new world separate from Aeldin that can be better than Aeldin as the name is already tarnished.

its a big base of the modern human lore, shelving it would essentially tear down a big part of that culture spread between the islands. if you do this you hate player lore.

Go full evil. CAs for characters from Aeldin.

But, like does this really matter? If i'm the Queen of Bitchtopia in Aeldin, but I don't even have a 50x50 charter on this map then yeet my ass and keep it stepping? Lol this just seems extra.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Jentos said:

To retcon Aeldin, is to literally delete French people off of LoTC history

good

17 hours ago, Crevel said:

See, I agree with you there. I do think that the worldbuilding potential that a continent like Aeldin can provide is astounding, but the truth is that Aeldin itself cannot provide that anymore because of the OOC degradation of it that I would say comes from people trying to use it for personal benefit rather than the greater roleplay narrative. My main point here is that Aeldin is outdated, and because it's still accepted among circles people will begin throwing **** at a wall in hopes that it sticks when it is convenient for them. I can say this firsthand because this was something I almost did about a year ago in which I tried creating a house that's end goal would be to rise to popularity, one of the members suggested that we start as an Aeldinic family in the Horen family tree so that we would have already had some RP prominence and it would have happened if I didn't lose interest in the family after that.

If Aeldin had some actual updated lore with ST enforcing conditions to stop people from using it as nobility storage, it could work. I think the more appropriate route would be to put an official shelf on recent/new characters using Aeldin in their backstory and create a new world separate from Aeldin that can be better than Aeldin as the name is already tarnished.

Thing is there is NOTHING wrong with claiming that you're part of a family tree even if its not from Aeldin. People will do this ANYWAY. I agree, some of the core Aeldin lore needs to be codified by the Aeldin Experts (see old human players), but shelf it? No my friend.

Aeldin may be used by people for 'clout' but why on earth should a nation on our continents give a ****? Horens on this map should want to bash down on Aeldenic Pretenders and such; Humans claiming to be Haense royalty from Aeldin should be deleted. You won't solve this 'problem' by shelving Aeldin, just move it to somewhere else.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, Sham404 said:

2.) There is no ability to travel to or from Aeldin any longer, under any means or circumstance.

Wasn't this ruling made like- 6 years ago? I don't think 6 year old rulings would be relevant anymore.

10 hours ago, Yeagerist said:

Is Benda Chivay being shelved?

Yes, Benda is shelved with the removal of House Chivay and his apparent strange mannerisms that are not attributed to some ibleesian curse

If people are saying the ruling isnt valid because its an old ruling, im not sure thats a good precedent to set.

Regardless, this is a post asking for a new ruling to be established and enforced. If its the same ruling, a different ruling...

I would take this more seriously if it wasn't from a Norlandic screamer post war-loss, ngl. (And yes- I'm well aware you moved to Haense, Crevel, but you're still under that banner, sorry!)

Live and let live. Who cares if someone has a cool backstory from Aeldin, I've done the same with Vyranni with my character before my current one.