The Lady of Hanseti-Ruska, an Author’s Appraisal

shay

LbbCy_TPIZ57yfB7yiegerpi5mFoTZ4-iRK0D2NNFfpOgUZ2DKfwvMxVNO_cO-0swBGPaeDi0OHs6WR3rzTchM3xcPzmH2mhFMOivoQ8xB58OgDf5Nr42npl3rEFz_jryc2A6mar

A depiction of the ladies of the court, gathered before the presentations

378  E H R  S I G M U N D A

The Lady of Hanseti-Ruska, an Author’s Appraisal

Nikirala Prikaz was overwhelmed with women wishing to rise to the title of the Lady of Hanseti-Ruska, whether or niet they’re worthy, only time will tell.

The Prospective Ladies

Lady Eleanora Baruch 

The young Lady Baruch, daughter to the Duke and his.. Previous spouse was the first to present, and she did niet disappoint this author. We definitely have a lady in the making on our hands. Although her presentation was short, it was sweet and well worded - some of the other ladies who made presentations can take a note from her book. It is hard to believe such a pleasant soul came from Ruslan.

Lady Evalina Amador

Lady Amador.. Lady Amador. Are we even sure she’s an Amador? True born and blonde.. Appearing in the courts after so many years away. Perhaps a concern for another day. If her presentation was any indication of the amount of time on the young Lady Amador’s hands, this author is of the opinion that there will be plenty of time to question her! She strutted up, with a demeanor of confidence, her kokoshnik gleaming in the light of the court (although, such an accessory was highly inappropriate with her outfit), then promptly began degrading herself in front of all those present. 

Now, she may niet be the most… interesting woman to look at, but where is the confidence! Lady Hanseti Ruska should be firm in her stance, confident of her presence, niet some self-deprecating, trying-to-replace-me-as-the-blonde-of-the-family, mess! Although, Frederik did niet waste any time to try and flirt with her - he’s really getting desperate with age. I suppose it’s quite apparent why he agreed to judge such a competition. 

When asked about her hobbies, she took the chance to spotlight her insecurities about herself once more. She definitely was niet lying when she said that language intrigues her - the girl could have talked the ears off of everyone in the room with her proclamations about her likes and dislikes. She has clearly niet heard the saying quality over quantity, but the worst was yet to come. She went so far as to suggest  that the women in Haense should strive for independence, niet rely on men! I hope she will improve by the next event, lest she embarrass her family more. 

Lady Rosalind Amador de Astrea

Now, Lady Rosalind Immediately reflected on the statement about independence as a proper lady should! Although rather… old for the competition, and shockingly underdressed for the theme, lady Amador de Astrea still shone above the competition, as should be expected from our Grandy Lady.

Lady Amador de Astrea proclaimed she should be named Ledi Haense because of her generous spirit - she’s a giver. She’s willing to watch other people get their hands dirty for the good of the nation, an admirable trait if you ask me. Although, that is where the good portion of her presentation ceased. She went about spewing nonsense about adopting children, going so far as to claim her daughter was adopted, to try and gain pity-points from the judges! 

As a disclaimer, Lady Adalia Ruthern nee de Astrea is, in fact, a true-born daughter of Rosalind Amador de Astrea and her husband Visant de Astrea. Such was confirmed following the events of the day.

Miss Tavisha Barrow

Miss Barrow….Miss Barrow. Miss Barrow at least carried enough wits to do her research for the event - ensuring to don her belt on the left-side, signifying her obvious single status, as if we needed another reminder that she has failed to find herself a husband thus far. But, as expected, her presentation was quite unladylike and went increasingly downhill from the moment she opened her chapped-lips. As pointed out by Lord Fredrik Baruch - her eyes present themselves as two separate colours. The writer can only assume this is due to some tragic, savage, event, despite the woman’s insistence… And boy did she insist, going so far as to compare her eyes to the finest of jewels. Definitely niet getting any extra points for that! 

Miss Barrow had the audacity to speak back to the judges when dismissed - evidently feeling slighted by missing the opportunity to spread to the court the reason she felt she should be Lady Haense. Despite her drolling on for minutes prior. She then opted to slight  everyone in the court with her proclamation of why she should be chosen - toting poverty, hunger, and battle scars over the accomplishments of the other ladies of the courts. I say this pants-donning woman should have points deducted for such claims!

Mathea vas Ruthern

The darling of the court, truly, and the front-runner in this author’s eyes. Despite her.. Fumbling attempt to, well, stand. She did a wonderful job. An Admirable young girl with admirable sentiments - who does niet enjoy cuddling.. Boars! 

She does, however, need to work on her formalities in court. She referred to the Koenas as auntie - and although this is her correct relation to the girl, it’s an inappropriate title to use in public. Hopefully her parents will address such before the next presentation. 

Her lack of formality was saved by her opinion of colour theory - the girl toting pink over all others. A wise choice - the young one will certainly be a formidable opponent going forth, the older women better watch their backs!

Miss Gwynevere Colborn

Miss Colborn immediately addressed the circumstances of her birth - most notably, her disgraced and traitorous parents. An.. Admirable sentiment, however a strange way to start your introduction. The woman quickly segmented into a sentimental? description of her time spent upon boats. Niet the most ladylike hobby if you ask me.

I believe Fredrik Baruch worded my opinion on the Colborn most accurately:

“Does the daughter of two traitors to the Kongzem deserve to be Lady Haense? I do niet think that properly represents her values. Nataliya and Petyr were in-laws too.” 

The daughter of such a pair should niet be representative of our blessed nation, as such she is definitely niet worthy of such a title, despite her avid fixation on..  Boats.

Miss Iris Prisgoth

Once again, this contestant was lacking confidence - such should be an immediate disqualification in my niet-so-humble opinion! Although the author appreciates her propensity to remain situated in Haense, ever a helping-hand in the courts, suggesting someone who is niet a true-born Haeseni should represent the woman of Haense? Why, such is an atrocity. To make matters worse - she is niet even a Canonist. Godan was surely frowning down upon the presentation, I know I was. Her Majesty, Koenas Annika, too frowned upon such a notion. The most useful comment she made during the entire event, really.

Front-runners of today’s event

It would be highly inappropriate of me to submit such a column and niet name the ladies I deem worthy of a title such as the Lady of Hanseti-Ruska, as such - in keeping with the spots up for grabs in such a competition, three women shall be named, in no particular order of course. I can niet give.. Too much away on my first edition. 

Lady Eleanora Baruch, Lady Evalina Amador, and Lady Mathea vas Ruthern

JXbUbatMJQrEgALl3YSjlpChpw10elS31gf6LcPaUrgmtqZe7D7SeafOC09Os_D-3CvavcP6grTfmFlBk46s8xVlAFyJ5pJnLZ-2HP_conHo-bMKXFAJvR2bkoSY_HSFLCdDQB8XHqQzbO6MYwiJsKABgRCUI_X9XIXDeUVKvjaYkqSPBB12wXOlQXc2B2lv0WUYQQXVT-jGtCmZrjqEdZYpoGdWcSeXiwptDk31OjqPOyObsHS_W3la_vLamygMI2GTAW7Q7WOKX2EmhOdBKSME8pwd0iFAPybLPt0wIgJ5EDxvuEu3lozewQo2Md29WWhge5Skr8c16Wp9fkezF7ihuo6pqsEENQ-O_p0WkTNBOXt3KkHEshMBFxQ9xTEWSXGcWQp0achiyKnPsQcId9WO

Until next time, 

A Lady of the court.

"Nice, a ***** to kill" Tavisha thought to herself, in sheer and complete secrecy.

Nikoleta snickers in the background...

The young Barclay girl, Adrianna Irene Barclay, eyes the notice with care, her long light blue gown rustling at her feet. She briefly purses her lips as she takes in each of those who volunteered to be judged and then her memory of remaining, frankly, coddled by her Brother, Cousin and Father towards the back on the throne room. Despite their efforts to persuade her to present herself to the Koenas, she had protested and not gone. Although now she regretted not stepping forwards, despite not wearing the correct gown for the occasion. She murmurs to herself, 

"Now that Ich think back on it, if Ich had had the courage, Ich could have done gutte up in front of her majesty the Koenas. Hmm.. Maybe Vater was right und Ich do have to just face mein fear und get over it. What if Ich were chosen to be Ledi Hanseti-Ruska?!" The young female gasps at the thought, "Oh well, Ich suppose. Ist too late now. Ich would have had to have gone before in order to participate in the other events. Although..." Her eyes graze the missive once again. "Ich will be watching und rooting for Lady Eleanora und Lady Mathea now!"

"Godan, it's brutal out here," coughed a sick Margaret Amador, unable to attend the festivities. 

Spoiler

Evalina Amador sighed upon reading the column, she slumped in her chair and dragged a palm down her face in frustration. "Alright, I'll keep it short and sweet and if confidence is what the Lady wants, confidence is what she'll see... I hope. At least I was noticed." She grumbled, getting back to work on her gown for her next competition. 

Eleanora Baruch beamed with happiness as she read the missive, bouncing toward her stepmother, Marjorie Baruch, article in hand. "Mamej! Do vy think Papej will be proud?" @MotherLay