Lector's LOG (#3), GOD's Grief

wSwwLzi48MmlzFovm0Su_TIbxsGih001RBo2H-ORhbZbIaNNrGa-8D8Bk8EQIEiA2IPgoE5KVxtPFOnuT7ROWQ8ERUC_IY77g-JPtSPLoKFBxPn0XlJODDT__1zDXcMc4fUQ2vjMdYdiypvaNdL9eAKgm7Qdj2_-lJ3_9FQktRkJgF-GtqmvZXTpuFlDb2BF-5pz2bmf9tpEGu0SmWnlh7cvo0vVPUZRaUiCxewwozh2Wkqn83OgD8NLDfpmqylP1QEUA0vwpJGW6kojEC192BD2hTQSL4X3SrOD9WbcRYZJDBNk3dsDy0H5iTGgHvvCJoYKFp_QOZ5Nz1pA8kRKaU-H6b-HKZS4zoOykQWCHQxKObMSd0HMDK2mM4psmNHLtuHxSl8K8-rlA_GMiHtsOJLF

Written by Father Paco, Lector of Owynist Rite

“To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them!”

Bishop Guy de Soissons, Diocese of Sanctia
Father Paco de Mantequilla, Lector and Abbot
Brother Dante de Denesle, Lector
☨ Brother Bessol Gammov, Lector - Explorator
[MIA] Brother Abel, Lector
Brother Isaac Jebidiah, Lector
[MIA] Acolyte Adrian Forrester
Father Harold, Lector
Brother Sigismund Heinrich, Lector
Brother Barbaras Sisko, Lector
Oijin, Novitiate
Gib, Proselyte

FROM THE SECOND OWYN’S FORT, CITY-STATE OF LUCIENSBURG
REPORTING TO THE TEMPLE OF ARD’KHARYLL, GAEKRIN
DATE: SA 30

To our Arch-Lectors in the Temple of Ard’Kharyll,

Greetings Wise-Brothers, it aids in morale to know our last correspondence had reached you all in Gaekrin. While the bulk of us remain dedicated to our clerical mission on the continent of Almaris, we are not without loss and injury to our spirits. In our quest to aid the parish of Luciensburg against their ratiki infestation, we confirm to have lost one brother and another Lector and acolyte are missing in action. We confirm the death of our Lector - Explorator Bessol Gammov who fought with courage and resilience until the bitter end. I wish I could write that his death was not in vain but we have since been pushed out of the City of Saint Lucien and live in squalor among our parishioners out in the wheat fields outside the city. We dub our last stand Owyn’s Fort in honor of the second mission’s fort during The War of Two Emperors. I fear for the safety of our parish and fear should we survive but the parish falls, we will return to Gaekrin unsuccessful in our mission. 

Brother Isaac and I have the highest morale amongst our Lectorate though admittingly mines is a facade to hold our brothers together. Bessol’s replacement Sigismund lacks the diligence of his predecessor and seems more preoccupied with baking cakes than he is with smithy work. There is conflict amongst our brotherhood as well. As a result of Sigismund’s lack of diligence, Brother Dante assaulted Sigismund in unhonorable measures and both are serving penance for their misconduct. It is my hope that one of you, Wise-Brothers, will come visit us personally and assist us in our mission for a time being until we regain some stability in our Lectorate, lest we fail like the second mission.

Outside of our parish, Almaris has proven to be quite the unforgiving land. Vampires roam our roads along the tree line and have assaulted one of our initiates from Yong-Ping and a parishioner from Luciensburg. Ice creatures assault our comrades in Yong-Ping, the south by Sutica is molested by nefarious creatures of the night who assault travelers and caravans. Truly a cursed land - and one I hope we can elevate from its troubles through the glory of GOD. 

Although it pains me to keep requesting aid from you Wise-Brothers, I humbly request more funds be sent to our mission and more Lectors be brought over to aid in our work. The monstrosities of Almaris are many and we are but a few. And again, I request for an Arch-Lector to come and aid us. I personally wish to stay on the mission, but I regret to inform the Greater Flame that I may be unable to continue active combat soon for age creeps up on me and is the curse of all men. If need be I will die honorably in combat but I do pray GOD has greater use of me here when my body has been spent entirely.

May the White Flame be with us all,
Father Paco de Mantequilla, Abbot and Lector of Owyn

Juan José Lorenzo Villalpando de Ponce de Herbert-Lyons grumbles upon reading the name of the fort. He thought it was called 'Fort Defiance' he rises up from the dirt patch he was sleeping in and spends a valuable rename token to address this error on the Fort Defiance Owyn's Fort map.

Quentin Brae, too, would also grumble internally -- for the LECTORS did not BUILD the refugee camp, and he wonders WHY they got to name it.

[!]

A lone courier arrives to the Second Owyn's Fort. He sought after the old Hyspian priest. Searching the ramshackle Fort,  the determined courier would eventually find his way to Father Paco.

"It's from... The Council at Ard'Kharyll? You've got friends in high places."

Brandishing a singular scroll, the courier would extend it out to Father Paco.

20BF4xJ.png