[Poll] Greater Soulstones - should we bring them back?

Child Neglecter

[Poll] Greater Soulstones - y/n?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring back Greater Soulstones to the server?

• Yes.
    • No.

I think it's rather irritating to not have these items returned to sale for LoTC as a minas item at the CT store. I'd personally love to have an extra soulstone slot for use so that I can get around quicker and save some extra time, even if there are now hubs in place that save some time for people.

Please comment why you think these wouldn't be good to have back on the server.

I gotta have more soulstone slots for all the churches I want easy access to smh

u get greater soulstone slot if u vote for 30 days. but i would like a 4th slot yes

Extra soulstone slots should simply be made more available. More to obtain from voting, and perhaps adding some to the store for crowns if people really wanted them. The thing I hated about greater soulstones is that they are able to be taken or dropped, and with mina being as difficult to get as it is, there's a huge risk of losing it from pvp or even accidental death. If greater soulstones were brought back then they should just serve as an upgraded SS without the ability to be lost, locked to the persona slot.

hard agree we should give players the ability to obtain soulstone slots. infinitely many. restricting travel on a minecraft server that only functions if players are easily able to interact is braindead

3 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

hard agree we should give players the ability to obtain soulstone slots. infinitely many. restricting travel on a minecraft server that only functions if players are easily able to interact is utterly braindead

Yeh Almaris is a pretty hard map to travel around compared to other maps. Nations are spread across the far corners of the map (unlike Arcas that had them in a central ring around CT) and there's no speed roads to shorten walk times from warp hubs to said nations.

Giving us Greater Soulstones back would help at least a little bit.

Just now, NotEvilAtAll said:

Yeh Almaris is a pretty hard map to travel around compared to other maps. Nations are spread across the far corners of the map (unlike Arcas that had them in a central ring around CT) and there's no speed roads to shorten walk times from warp hubs to said nations.

Giving us Greater Soulstones back would help at least a little bit.

I have confidence that staff will make the right decision here, mostly because they experimented with long, restrictive travel paths and it failed spectacularly. On Arcas greater soulstones may have made a little bit less sense, if you thought that decreasing players' travel options somehow centralized roleplay, but this map defies the economic logic from last map. It's too big, everything (incl. every resource) is spread out, and players either suffer occasional shortages of RP or spend a lot of time walking.