Spirit Signs

Astrophysical

Spirit Signs

Respect towards the spirits is utmostly important to the Ruka craftsmen, smiths, and architects of the Uruk-hai. Among such honored traditions to respect said spirits is the practice of Spirit Signs. These sigils often accompany their crafts by being carved, painted, or inscribed upon it. Depending on the purpose of the craft, one or multiple Spirit Signs can sport the work. For example, an architect might paint the signs of Velkumezt and Urin upon a wall to bless the home with order and safety from the elements. Another example would be a smith carving a symbol of Ogrol on a blade to bless it with better maiming.

Elemental Spirit Signs

Yd2ygZ4_xB4DFTUgemEYiLusUDBKWgPZce9bgNwDgOWvgyN23tF9je_h9SoyQ6NaMf1zMqVxgepFpn1K3qRdM7oy4bHX2SRsudmh5nAgaOMJe64hPz4x7zlw6oZ2q52__e_y1lrj

Immortal Spirit Signs

jjKqSWSnHRMwbslOt_Xvz0JooSkK7-tkH0JnUHlw2crpE-TsHuZR7MqEeSKZ0mHk-28dL1u6sgeYHz-0ml2fuew9bpH8L3o8Ihw1WJ391NGyMh-1vZzhR29r0-aADSS9dkr8TqKF

Spirit Signs by Row

Spoiler

1: Votar, Freygoth, Enrohk, Vulka, Jevex, Shezept, Ixli, Ogrol, Kor

2: Ankrus, Arwa, Anyhuluz, Akezo, Paxahru, Ublulhar, Ghorza, Rolfizh, Trokorl

3: Laura, Kezt, Ramakhet, Krathol, Gazigash, Veist, Glutros, Thulezia, Isuz

4: Kinul, Urin, Kesaroth, Leyd, Scorthuz, Aztran, Theruz, Betharuz, Velkumezt

5: Gentharuz, Ikuras, Brimztra, Drelthok, Eathruz, Kotrestruu, Letrothak, Xaat, Etna

6: Amul, Dazkur

For more information on each spirit refer to:

OOC

Spoiler

One problem I noticed during my time with the orcs is that there is no visible look for the spirits symbols which I often see in roleplay item descriptions and whatnot. To fix this I prepared this post to present visible examples for both producers and consumers of items including such symbols of the spirits. Note that these signs are purely aesthetic and serve no advantage. Also note that Spirit Signs are not set in stone, but serve as a baseline for craftsmen to use for their works, or anyone wanting a bit of flavor to their roleplay, freely. So, feel free to change the signs as you wish!

I love additional elements of flavor and subtle details like these. Excellent idea and the sigils themselves are beautiful! Well done!

Very happy I can start marking posts and objects with spiritual sigils! Always appreciate more artistic people <3