A Tragic Death for a Tragic Man [PK]

Emilia understood the pain George felt when he found out the truth, she said nothing and knew nothing of the man, but as he crossed into the seven skies, she opened her arms for her step son in law.

Jane Hartcold-Rourke was in torment. Her heart ached for that which would never return to her. The guilt only compounded the agony she now was living in. Packing bags for her children and herself, she looked around the home she had shared with George. Jane thought about the lovely memories that the rooms sparked within her mind. She remembered the smile on his face whenever their eyes met. 

Telling her children would be the hardest part, but they would know their father. Jane would teach them about the brave man that loved and watched over them from beyond the Seven Skies. Patrick, Molly and Michael would love George as he loved them. Jane would never stop loving George, nor would she ever stop feeling guilty for his death.

r

John Frederick Hartcold, cousin of George and Uncle to Jane, would slam his fist into his desk upon hearing the tragic news "Good Lord above! May God protect his wee soul now...poor Jane...it's nae 'er fault entirely...I should of been there for the wee lad. Once a Hartcold...always a Hartcold. I best write Jane a letter offering my condolences"

Patrick O'Rourke sits in his study hearing the news, Cold and calloused Ricky reacts little beyond a sigh and shake of his head as he returns to his work

After everything, Geoff made his way home. Idly he worked within the house, attempting to process the events.  All he knew was that his heart ached. In recent months the two had been at odds. The old friends had become rivals. One thought replayed over and over in his head.

"Left, not right."

"Left, not right."

"Left, not right."

Had he gone left instead of right, everything could have ended differently. If only he saw. If only he understood.

Geoff would never forgive himself for that.

Edited by DelaneyG

The second to last time Elodie de Rosius saw George, he asked her to prepare a bouquet as a gift to Jane. The morning of his passing, she’d sent it to his house.

That evening, she’d finally been told what happened. She spent the rest of the night locked into an embrace by her childhood friend, Adelaide.  The sitting room of the Chateau de Rosius fell silent as the hours went on.

Edited by Majesticpasta

The small  child that Aliria Gendik Rosius was, sat by the shopping stalls as she heard the news from the people she observed, a moment of silence coming from the girl. 

she softly said his name before she realised that that was the person she had been looking for while playing with Miss Rose and Calahan a few days prior. 

she hummed softly and said soft prayer and wished his soul the best.

Boreal, hearing from yet another death from a coworker, they stopped cradling the eggs they carried so gleefully, covering their face and rubbing their eyes, stress overtaking them as they shook in place, there was no sadness left in them to mourn, they were too tired, tired of death, tragedy, yet they were not hopeless, they knew that the grasp of the spider that is death would be kind to him, they knew of the seven skies that awaited, and that brought some energy back for them to go forth.

The Solicitor-General would break into tears after hearing the news:

"The Attorney-General George O'Rourke was not only a professional prosecutor, but also a dear friend of mine, a husband, a father, and above all, an Orenian patriot. He shall not be forgotten and I would like to announce that the Ministry of Justice shall post-humously honour him with an Imperial Medal of Justice."

"Rest in peace, my friend" Sir Charles Galbraith would sign the Lorraine cross and mourn the loss of his friend and employee.

Chills ran down the Lord Mayors spine. Sir Otis de Rosius walked over from a house he was decorating nearby, his head hung low, and set a bouquet of white Roses down in front of Helena 2.

Edited by 0TI5

Iduna Anne hadn't a chance to get to know the man her cousin had decided to marry but she walked the halls of Halstaig with dispare, extenguishing every candle she came across. The tenants were quiet along with the rest of the house - an eerie silence falling over everyone within. Later that day the young woman called in her dearest friends and workers to help be fitted for a mourning dress so she'd be ready if the black garbs were requested to be donned. 

"I do believe he was at Dobrov.. Shame he passed, Fairly certain he was a good fighter, No?"

The Veteran would remark to his comrade in a neutral tone.  His hands tapped his desk rhythmically, as thoughts crossed his mind as to why the man had actually killed himself. @chacmul

While working at the Providence Sugar Stall she and her friends had made, a man with such a sad demeanor approached. His entire person was off-putting from his solemn gaze to the way in which he held himself. Anastasya held out a wooden Husaryian cross, "Here," she told him, "It is niet much, but know that my prayers are with vy."

"I see," George Hartcold-Rourke took the cross, and pocketed it with a sad nod. He limped away after, his cane tapping the ground until she could hear it no more. 

When at the stall again, Anastasya watched the passerby and sold many more crosses– but nothing could keep her mind from that man and wondering what had occurred. That night she prayed, even if she hadn't known his name or his sudden passing– she prayed for the stranger she wish she could've helped more.  

Edited by Eryane