What Is LoTC To You?

Telanir

I have been stuck in the mineman roleplaying hellscape for about eight years now. Though I only joined LotC a year ago, I have made some of the most amazing friends. I have far too many screenshots to share, so I will update this post with them. All I can say for now is thank you for this so incredibly niche medium. One decade has sailed by, here is to many more. 

I joined LotC in 2018, a whole lot newer than a lot of the people that play to this day, and a whole lot newer than a lot of people you'll likely discover upon this wholesome(ish) thread.

My first character was known as Walter Gray, and he wasn't a Breaking Bad parody either. Player retention has been a lingering theme on the server, or the lack thereof; but this isn't a place to be cynical right now.

I remember Walter had a fairly standard "tragic backstory," having lost his sister at a young age, longing to get her back one or another (a folly task, utterly impossible, ignored by his steadfast, crazed determination.) I remember I had asked in OOC chat,

What's the ST? 

I soon got a response, as I was just jumping around the Cloud Temple as I still do to this very day.

I'll show you.

An ET disguised as a villager came behind me with a small greeting, now more deserving of the CT guides which were less of a thing in the days of early Atlas. He organized a small event, coinciding with Walter's tragedy; that is when I knew that I had an interest for LotC's offered RP, and I thank that kind ET to a new player. I doubt I'd still be here, otherwise.

Flash forward awhile. I still travel around cities as Walter, without a solidified community. I soon come to a duchy: Rïvia, as some may possibly recall. They opened their gates wide to this little pink-tag with 2x2 eyes that could barely emote, and they were affable. Hell, the duchess to-be (that never was, thanks to the lost Rivian War) allowed a marriage... with Walter Gray. 

I stayed within Rivia 'till I could no longer, but it instilled a sense of community with me. After all, we're s**tposting on a mineman server together, and that's what makes it fun, omitting the toxicity, at that. Those were some of the days where I found the most fun, and led me to heavily helping with a Curonian settlement thereafter; a domino effect leading me to the close, lovely community where I find myself today, in Oren. (Maybe that isn't a good thing.) 

LotC is a fractured community of people having fun. So, be open to that new player, let them in, and roleplay deeper scenarios with your buddies and bygones. For, if you don't step forward, then your retention might decrease too. That's my two cents. 

tldr;

fRIeNDsHIp

Edited by RaindropsKeepFalling

Though I've only been around for a year (more or less), LOTC has been an absolute blast. I've made so many friends through the various communities I've been in and its genuinely a pleasure to be around.

Its such an amazing place for role-play and creativity that's usually lacking or you don't really get elsewhere and I'm glad that people can express themselves however they want with RP and the like. 

A welcoming community (for me anyways) I still remember when I first joined, and having @MadOne show me the ropes as I went from a newbie to a more experienced player in the Haense community, though I'd later branch off a bit elsewhere.

Crazy to think LOTC's been around for a whole decade, lets hope it'll be around for one more! :D

Here are some pic's from my time being around

Spoiler

Onu5dCy.png

k5i8PCk.png

6TwCyh3.png

sgXzI1T.png

400YQGt.png

ZDtFEkz.png

I see LOTC as a creative outlet, one with an onslaught of options and opportunities immersion that most other roleplay groups in say mmos or even DnD lack. The challenge of running a society or being but a piece of a larger picture makes for a compelling narrative that I frankly cant keep away from.

Honestly, I was going to go into detail about the good things on the server that I've experienced, but then I thought back on it and instead all the bad things came flooding into my mind. Probably because there are little to no good memories! Kisses <3

(On a side note, to those of you who have actually made my time here lovely, thank you so much for everything. Can't wait for more memories with y'all💕)

I use this server as a creative outlet. I enjoy having a place where I can express my creativity and also experience the creativity others have to share as well. LOTC has some of the most talented writers, artists, storytellers I've ever met, and some genuinely great people. I think this is something that we should be proud of and embrace despite all of the bad history the server might have buried underneath. 

I have only been here a couple of months but i have became attached to LoTC, it has been an escape from reality alot of times for me, a plce i can chill out, roleplay and enjoy playing as multiple personas

A place to create a story, express creative freedom, and generally have fun!

Edited by Nozoa

I’ve met life long friends on LotC that I can’t wait to meet someday. All the laughs, the wholesome rp, just everything about the mineman roleplay life is extraordinary. 

LotC is an outlet for people to do pretty much what they would in D&D but you don't have to rely on someone planning it out. It's allowed me to meet a bunch of lifelong friends who I otherwise wouldn't have ever met. Despite a large portion of the staff only being there to benefit their individual cliques of folks, its fun to play minecraft with a bunch of my friends and meet cool people (ignoring the homophobes and racists.)

Oh my that's an uncomfortable topic. 

Frankly, many things.

Lotc is a place to hang out. Lotc is a place to enjoy When everyone cooperates.

Alas, When I first wished to come upon lotc, things were much different. This were. . 2012 or so, we were all much younger, unfortunately- I didn't see much light until 2018 or so, six years later, when Atlas was in it's mid stage, I was a small bab then, didn't know who were top figures or what to do, for that matter. Times were simpler, they were. . nice, to say the least.

Unfortunately, not everything can last the way it is.

Fast forward to today, here we are, skin's thinner than a potato chip and just about anything can lead you a warning. You can't get friendly with anyone without being accused of conspiring, or better yet not be part of the big 'wig' club. 

Welcome to the internet, Apathy's a tragedy and boredom is a crime. 

And i'm just here. Your local devils advocate. 

Spoiler

some people whined in my dms but its made me change my post

LoTC is what you make out of it.

Politics, War, More Politics, and Slice of Life Roleplay can all be found in Lord of the Craft but it is what you chose to spend your time doing is what puts value on the journey. You can spend all your time complaining about bias moderators who allow nations to break raid rules or you can spend your time defending against the attacking nations.

There is often a distinct difference between two types of people who play LoTC; the people who want it continue and the people who say it's hell and wish it all ended. Then when you look at what those players spend their time doing well - the results speak for themselves and you can understand their view point on the server.

Have only been on for a month crazy enough but the best thing I have been able to experience on lotc? The people. I never expected to meet so many people who just get it and understand me. I haven't been here for very long at all but the fact that I have made lifelong friends and found a place that I can actually go to relax is really nice. Wish more beginners, who quit early, got to experience what I have in a short amount of time. Thanks guys

-

Also huge shout-out to Kingo, Space, Disky, and Ontario for being the first couple people I talked to while waiting for my app to be accepted and first rp on the server after Kingo accepted it. Seriously one of my best memories on the server! Especially laughing with y'all about how many apps your had to do and if you could Speedrun to mine. You guys are a big reason why I'm still here. (And my Halfling buds :>)

Edited by Frogger16
Wanted to include the reason I stayed