⋅•⋅༻ Forgiveness ༺⋅•⋅

Criala

Clear sky, birds chirping and hardly a breeze in the air. A figure stood just outside of the clinic, within the Garden of Healers. Her frame was petite, long brown hair hanging to her waist. Two words caught her attention.

Illynora Sylvaeri.

I tried my best to make you proud, sister.” A murmur beneath the woman’s breath. After a moment, she tore her emerald gaze away from the words, shifting to the next set of words.

These ones ripped into her soul, burning a hole into her, which was soon filled with guilt.

Eraami Aureon Reeyse.

But all I did was let you down.” The guilt was evident in her face and words. Almost instantly, she tore her gaze away from those, continuing down the line until she stopped at a specific name.

Medli Amaeden.

I let you down most of all, Medli. And for that, I am sorry.”

Forgiveness isn't something she expected from Medli. After all, she vanished without a trace, opting to leave the burdens of running the Aegrothond Clinic and lessons on her own behind her.

She pulled herself away, taking a step back before turning to completely leave the garden. Enough time spent getting lost in the past and the guilt of it. Now it was time for her search.

Thoroughly, the city of Elvenesse was searched, a glance sent at every house with a name on it. None were the one she was looking for yet. No, it took time for her to find Medli’s home. When she did, she stopped at the door, but she didn’t knock. Instead, she stuck an envelope against the door. Once sure that it wasn’t going to fall to the ground, she departed.

Should the envelope be opened and the letter inside unfolded, it would read...

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Medli,

There’s many things I could say here, but I’ll start with I’m sorry.

It’s not something I’m proud of, vanishing on you all like that.

I ended up overwhelmed, with all the duties of the Clinic falling on me.

No matter the reason, it wasn’t right of me to disappear like that.

I hope you can forgive me one day, though I don’t expect you to.

I’m so proud of what you accomplished though.

I know Illynora would be too.

If you ever need anything, I am a bird away.

Yours,

Eraami

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Spoiler

((Written for my dear @RainbowRoad1234<3