Judgement [PK]

Vic

DGpAflVbYaYxjgH_Z5JIfAXs0JMfwCJ3E_XOuiONLYbEel2uMlAEIkx5gA3X0Jsp8W5g1aS0raoDkHtVL5t70cw3lRkJbDupNqTSFCVbEaMlaNIpZ3GnEx_6za5crZS0x_JENvoh

Judgement; Reversed

OOC: The following is a mix of my character’s memoirs meant to be published after her death and memories from her life. Do not metagame the contents of the memories. The memoirs are able to be read by members of the Paladin Order and the Asul’onn Family.

[!] A stack of journals would be sent to one Yarikh Asul’onn with a short note attached: “If I am killed or go missing, let our family and the order read these. I trust you, sister. -Revas Asul’onn”

[!] A stack of letters would be left to Elren Asul’onn to be sent out upon Revas’ death.

-=-

Table of Contents:

1. The Gathering Storm

2. Isolation.

a. Memoir #1: Beginnings

b. Memory #1

c. Memoir #6: Adelith

d. Memory #2

3. Self-Doubt.

a. Memoir #3: Amthalion

b. Memory #3

c. Memoir #2: Tarathiel; Elren

d. Memory #4

4. Pride.

a. Memoir #4: Canonism

b. Memory #5

c. Memoir #7: Friends

d. Memory #6

5. Fire.

a. Memoir #5: Koenas Mariya

b. Memory #7

6. The Storm’s End

7. Letters

8. OOC

thRrt26jc7mMlRy1xgG_UfPPpTECIFdyZ0YBynXKYqi3jlCcNRSLkR14uIVMpllnIQwj_T0fHEeXHZH4CA4fuCBjazMV3DbXC5P1kvXINJeG7B8x4LnPtVPuyfGxNKSqiV49zta4

The Gathering Storm

"Though my soul may be set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Revas Asul’onn was always a reckless woman. Lately, her head had never ceased running at a mile a minute. The only time it seemed to stop and allow her to simply be was when she found herself in a dangerous situation.

This led to many moments throughout her life that could have and should have been avoided.

The first was when she, at twelve years old, purposefully sought out bandits and other dangerous people on the roads. Her mother was none too pleased, and made her start taking a bodyguard.

Another time, she found herself right in front of a rock troll. And, in possibly one of her least thought through plans, she threw a bottle of alchemist’s fire at it. That only pissed it off.

The final time Revas Asul’onn sought out danger was a quiet night. There were no clouds in the sky as she set out into the wilderness near the small farming village of Veritas. It was just her, the various weapons on her person, and the sounds of the different animals. She had left a stack of journals and letters on her husband’s bedside table, just in case. The letters and memoirs had been written long ago.

Revas Asul’onn was reckless, yes, but she was not completely idiotic. She knew the risks she threw herself into.

thRrt26jc7mMlRy1xgG_UfPPpTECIFdyZ0YBynXKYqi3jlCcNRSLkR14uIVMpllnIQwj_T0fHEeXHZH4CA4fuCBjazMV3DbXC5P1kvXINJeG7B8x4LnPtVPuyfGxNKSqiV49zta4

Isolation.

♫♫♫

Revas Minaeve Barrow-Ambrose. That is my birth name, or at least what I believe it to be. My earliest memory for many years was waking up on a beach, ocean waves lapping at my feet as I called out for my parents - two men. No replies came to my calls. I bled profusely from my head, but I was only five. I gathered a few of my belongings and started down the road. I came upon the Village of Siramenor and slipped through a gap in their wall. 

No one questioned where I'd come from, but one woman did treat my head injury. It wasn't until I stated that I needed somewhere to sleep that someone took interest in me. A man named Anessan, I believe. He placed me with a stranger, said he would be my 'guardian'. I didn't like this new man. 

At this point, I couldn't hardly read nor write but I could practice my combat abilities. I picked up a stick and bound toward the nearest group of people - straight towards a tall man with long, black hair who wore a crown. My guardian yelled for me to come back, but I cared little for what he had to say. I began my assault on the Sea Prince with my stick which I saw as a mighty broadsword. The man bellowed a big, haughty laugh.

"My assassins keep getting younger," he'd said through the laughter as he picked me up and placed me upon his wife's shoulders. My guardian ran up to us, a glare set on his brow. He apologized for my behavior, but the Prince didn't mind one bit. Eventually, I was placed down and a high elven woman offered me a dagger. 

Tick. Tick. Tick. As I stared at the outstretched hand, I couldn't ignore the sound that came from her. It filled my ears and seemed to beat in time with my very own heart - but it was comforting. I took the dagger from her with a wide grin and opened my mouth to speak. I was cut off by my guardian as he tried to take my dagger, but I moved it out of the way. He said how he should strike me down where I stood for my behavior. At the moment, I decided I would not stay in this village long at all.

[!] End of Memoir One.

-=-

She ran from the village of Siramenor. She ran as far as her small legs could carry her. She knew she could not go back, not while she was so small. Instead of living among her kin, Revas had somehow ended up in Helena - the capital city of the Orenian Empire on Arcas. That is where she stayed, alone, for years. Even Astrid hadn't given the girl a place to stay.

-=-

♫♫♫

Seven days. Seven long, sleepless nights I waited up for Adelith. My sons, Christopher and Elias, were just as worried but I refused to let them stay up with me. When Addie had said earlier that month that she was being watched, I'd wanted to tell her to stop being silly. But I knew she was right. I saw the men staring at the manor and the people stealing glares our way. Sometimes I resented the stupid noble title Tara was given. I blamed it for Addie's paranoia.. but her paranoia was justified. There were wolves in sheep's clothing everywhere, but I knew I was safe with Adelith. She was my big sister, she'd never let them harm me.

But she was gone. Her headless corpse was at my feet later the seventh day.

"We should move it," I'd said to Thalion. Despite everything he had said and done to my friends, he was the one who offered a shoulder just after Addie's death. My friend had not. We moved her into her bedroom and I barricaded the door. Oddwig was left to me, and I gave that pup all the love I could give. He was my companion and my closest confidant. He was there when I sabotaged my own happiness, after all.

[!] End of Memoir Six.

-=-

"I'd rather be dead than left broken," Luxiana Uradir had spoken these words with a quivering lip. Revas had broken her, but she did it to protect them both- right? "Ti, that will be my last thought." Luxi turned her back on Revas as she uttered out a final sentence to her now ex-lover; "I loved those memories." 

Revas had waited for Luxiana to leave the room before she allowed herself to even move. Oddwig, the late Adelith's warhound, whined at the woman's feet anxiously. The woman crumpled to the floor slowly, a sob rattling deep in her chest. She curled herself into a tight ball with only her face showing out as tears finally flowed freely. She had done what she needed to protect the love of her life.

Self-Doubt.

♫♫♫

Amthalion. That is a name hated amongst my eldest friends… And yet I’ve always found it hard to dislike him truly. As I write this, I realize how much I’ve always wanted to say to him. I know I never can, as he’s likely long dead by the time this is published. When I was younger, I would have said how I hoped he could make it to his fiftieth birthday and how he needed to stop cutting out the people who truly cared for him. If he wanted to be a rat, he’d end up in the gutter. But, in all honesty, my opinions have changed since then. In a way, I still pity him but it’s different. I pity that his mother never cared to raise him correctly, that he felt like he needed to reject Tara’s love in some fucked up loyalty to Vyasaldris.

I’ve not always been an open book, but the one thing those who knew me when I was twelve to thirteen could easily tell was that I was head over heels for Amthalion Elyra. When he said jump, I’d ask how high. The power he had over me was… More intoxicating than the nights we shared a bottle. I never stood between him and the woman he loved despite my feelings, and although he may wish he’d never married her I am glad I stood aside. I never wanted to be the second choice.

“Maybe, if things fall through with her…” Those words broke me even though they were his attempt to console me.

Amthalion made me feel like a normal child, but in the end he did hurt me. We got over it, yes, but the words he said to me which he seemingly forgot will always be engraved in my mind. I was always his second choice.

Until I wasn’t. And then he killed himself.

[!] End of Memoir Three.

-=-

The fire crackled in front of Revas and Amthalion as they sat in the restricted section of the library. The two did this often, her being thirteen and him fifteen. Revas had very few friends her own age and Thalion had always made her feel welcome. The two discussed Revas’ feelings toward a boy in her past, how they felt about Yarikh, and they touched a bit on the girl known as Ophelia.

Amthalion and Revas spoke for hours before he brought out his stash of ponderlot. The two had done this once before. It had ended badly, but they were bored teens. It also made their games of asking questions much more fun.

“What’s your favorite color?” Amthalion asked Revas after a bit of back and forth.

Gold. “Blue, you?”

“Why?”

“Because… I like the ocean and the sky. Gold is quite nice too.”

“And why gold?”

Your eyes. I love your eyes. “A lot of my favorite things are gold. Well, I started to like it 'cause of Yari's magic things, right? But, I've noticed a lotta nice things are gold. Not like expensive things, but pretty things.” Revas pointed to his eyes. “Gold.”

“Ti, that's why we're the lions. Though my title is The Flood, ti?”

“It is?” Revas tilted her head. “I didn’t know that. But, anyway, you didn’t tell me your favorite color.”

“My favorite color is blue.” He said with a laugh.

Because it’s my favorite? “Why?”

“Because of my Title. Everything I do is like.. Ocean themed, ti? As for my second? I don't really have a second. But gold I guess, since my tattoos are going to be that color.”

“Now you’re just a copycat!”

Amthalion reached forward, poking Revas’ forehead. It sent a jolt through her body, reminding her of the day before. The day before, when he had run a finger over the tattoo lines on her face. She flinched back. “What was that for?!”

“I distracted you!” His classic smirk was back. “But, you never told me who likes me.”

“You gotta guess.”

“Well… I don’t know, I guess Ophelia.”

“Other than her!”

“Er.. Anna?”

“Nay! You’re hopeless.”

“And high. Just tell me.”

“I suppose… That I like you, Thal.”

“Oh. You like me?”

“Yarikh said I shouldn’t.”

“I'm sorry you like me or whatever, I guess..”

“Why are you apologizing?”

“Because I’m with her.”

“Aye, but you shouldn’t be apologizing.”

“Eh. Maybe, if things fall through with Ophelia, until then we're just friends, ti?”

Always the second choice.

-=-

♫♫♫

When I was twelve years old, I came to New Reza. I had only a stick and a small bag of my belongings. I marched straight into the tavern and shoved the stick onto the counter. “Gimme somethin’ alcoholic, Miss!” I’d said to the barmaid - Tarathiel. Sat down beside me was a fourteen year old elven boy - Amthalion. He gave me an odd look, but didn't say much. Tara, on the other hand, broke into a smile that rivaled the sun in its brightness.

"Oem'ii, you're much too young! But, here, some tea on the house." With a flick of her wrist, she had brought a tea cup to rest before me as golden threads weaved over her arms. A housemage.

I'd never cared much for tea, but I was so amazed by this woman's use of magic that I took the tea anyway. She fascinated me, and eventually this woman would become the person I trusted most in the world. She asked me where my parents were and I told her I didn't know. Hadn't known for a long time. I suppose it was a half truth. I knew where Xanthus, my legal guardian, was. I wanted to stay away from him after all. Despite the fact that I was a grimey child who talked funny with a scar over the top of my head she took me in. She also took in Yarikh, my eldest sister. Like me, she is missing most of her memories from before waking up.

Together, the three of us made new memories. And then I was offered the Elyris name.

Tarathiel, at the time, was an Elyra. A relative of Vyasaldris Elyra. Vya and Tara didn't get along for a multitude of reasons, most of which would take too long to explain. To put it simply, Tara believed - and still believes to my knowledge - that Vyasaldris was a bad mother to her children. She isn’t entirely wrong, as I’ll go over in my next ‘chapter’, but Vya never seemed to care for being called out.

Tarathiel truly wanted me as her daughter, but I was unsure. I had only lived with people who either hurt or used me and I never wanted to feel so helpless ever again… But Thalion convinced me to give it a shot. So I did. I will never regret that decision, no matter what happens to me. The Elyris name was special to me at the time. It represented being a part of an actual family. But, as most good things often do, it came to an abrupt end. Myself and Tarathiel were disowned by Vyasaldris and so we created House Asul’onn - the infamous ex-Barony.

So many good things came from our new family. Despite all of the criticism we endured and the disaster that was Haenseni Nobility, we were happy. I worked hard in the clinic, staying beside Aestenia and Katerina as long as I was able. I became a competent alchemist to be more useful to them.

And then I met Elren.

He was another ‘aheral seeking refuge from Haelun’or at the time, not unlike Aestenia. He wished to learn medicine under me, and I was happy to oblige. I had never had a proper apprentice before. At first, I thought he was a bit simple-minded. He puked on my medical equipment the first time he saw a dead body in the morgue. He grew on me, though. With each passing day we spent working side by side, a bond formed. And then, he asked me on a picnic.

I said yes. And years later, when I asked him to marry me, he said yes as well.

Vivienne is our pride and joy. She is perhaps one of the three people I could ever love more in this world than Elren. Children have a special place in your heart.

[!] End of Memoir Two.

-=-

Luxiana Uradir.

Luxiana.

Luxi.

“Please, call me Luxi!” Those few words, however meaningless they seemed, made Revas’ stomach do a flip. Butterflies she’d never known existed tried to escape, flapping up her throat and coming out in stutters and flushed cheeks.

“Revas,” She’d said as she reached out to shake Luxi’s hand. “I-I mean.. Call me Revas. That’s my name.” A giggle escaped her mouth - another butterfly escaping.

‘She’s pretty. Why do I think she’s so pretty?’

Later that day, Revas sat upon her bed staring down at her sketchbook. She’d drawn that woman’s face. It was so engraved in her brain, she couldn’t shake how… How this woman alone had made her feel like a child. In a good way, though, not like how she felt when Tara scolded her. A child who was discovering what a crush was for the first time.

Blond hair. Golden eyes.

Golden eyes.

She flipped back to the sketches of Amthalion. Then, she flipped forward to Luxiana. Golden eyes. She’d always loved the color gold.

Within the year, the two were together. They were nearly inseparable. ‘They’re just best friends’ Tara had assured people. Friedrich knew. Marcella knew. Stefan knew. Teni knew. They all kept it to themselves, watching the two girls fumble through love. They watched the two girls grow together and tear each other apart in the end.

Revas never forgave Heinrik for giving her mother nobility. She ripped Luxiana’s heart out to save face for her mother. Then he took the title away.

Oddwig slept beside Revas every night, his coat soaked in her tears.

‘I hope I’m not her second choice.’

Pride.

♫♫♫

Canonism. 

I’ve never really gone to church on a regular basis. I put all of my faith in Godan, yes, and I pray to him every day. Church, though, has never been my thing. At least, not since a priest tried to wash the tattoos off of my face with holy water. Tara stopped them, but it was still a terrifying experience for a child. Despite these events, I still brought the twins up to be good canonists. Even when I was told that the Creator was dead, I continued to worship. It changes nothing to me whether or not He is dead - He still created us all. Maybe not directly. Maybe it was all accidental. But, it was still Him.

I could not be the person I am today without my faith. It drives me forward, keeps me from going insane, and gives me reassurance that I will be reunited with those that have passed someday. I know I will see Adelith again, as well as my birth parents. They are all waiting for me. If I didn’t believe it would be much scarier. The greatest grief of all is to be left in this world when another is gone… If you have faith you will see them again, it ebbs the pain. Don’t you think?

I never cared for painkillers either. I used them, of course, but it is important to have pain tolerance. Perhaps Canonism is my spiritual painkiller. Perhaps the afterlife is not the Seven Skies at all and I will never see them again. But, keeping my faith keeps me going as I said. So I will continue until I take my final breath. Once that final breath has left my lips, I will know for certain. Until then, I must keep my gaze set forward and not linger long on death.

So, to all of the Paladins reading my words: I never had faith in Xan. I used his gifts to serve the will of the Creator. Dark beings have no right to exist in our world, and I stick to that belief. I just do not believe Xan even listens to the prayers you tell me to make.

[!] End of Memoir Four.

-=-

Sapphire.

Everything was sapphire.

A roar, distant. A lion, perhaps?

A battle, Champions of Xan and Tahariae dotted over a battlefield. A shift, now to a cliff. More Xannic champions all around. Revas reached out to help, but grasped nothing. The scene had shifted.

Gudour. She’d learned of him from other Paladins. A Drakaar. Druids, Azdrazi, Paladins, all united. One banner. Peace.

Clerics heal, Paladins kill.

Adelith’s words? Anduin’s? Yarikh’s?

“I will heal,” Revas had promised Stefan. “We can be different.”

Would she be different, really? Peace hadn’t been achieved in decades. Peace was never possible in Revas’ lifetime. The Azdrazi had made it clear with Adelith.

A question. “Will you serve me?” A lion. A sapphire lion.

She kneeled.

“Yes.”

She dropped to her knees, back in the chancery. She had her eyes open a mere second before blacking out.

She was a Paladin serving Godan.

-=-

♫♫♫

I have a few close friends, aside from my family. Friedrich, Stefan, Marie, and Aestenia are the Haenseni ones. I also know Anduin, Rhaelanthur, and a handful of druids. I hold my friends as close as I do family, with Anduin and Rhael acting like my odd uncles. Friedrich is like an older brother while Marie and Stefan are like my weird younger siblings. Aestenia is a wine aunt. They all keep me from doing things that will likely result in my death or a serious injury. If I had not become close with Franz and Friedrich in my youth, I would be worse off.

People seemed to believe Friedrich and I were involved. Nein, we were not. I am no race mixer. And, to put it frankly, I was courting someone for nearly a decade and he has been happily married for even longer. The woman I courted was everything to me at the time, but when we were given the title of Barony, I didn’t want anyone to find out. So I ended it. I loved her, but it wasn’t meant to be.

Perhaps I blame Heinrik for its ending, perhaps not. Perhaps I could blame myself. I need someone to blame. I used to miss her so much.

I was her first choice, but I was also her last. “I’d rather be dead than left broken,” she’d said to me. She isn’t dead.

In the end, it may have been for the best anyway. I married a man who I love to the stars and back. I wouldn’t trade him for the world.

[!] End of Memoir Seven.

-=-

Click. Click. Click.

The sound of boots on cobbled streets - or was it heels? Heeled boots? Revas couldn’t tell the difference, she was too zoned out. She did, however, hear the sound of two wailing babes from a nearby alleyway. An alleyway which had just been exited.

Revas turned suddenly, but no one was around. The moon was high in Providence, casting long shadows over the streets. The woman turned to the alley, creeping in.

“Hello?” Her voice cut through the wails, ricocheting off of the walls of the tight space. With no answer, she quickened her steps in the direction of the babes. Within seconds, she stood before two swaddled newborns tucked into a hand-woven wicker basket. There was nothing to identify the two aside from their golden locks. Their eyes were closed tight, but they were not asleep.

The twins cried all the way home. Revas didn’t mind, she was smitten with the children. She knew she wanted to raise them, no matter how bad it may look to others.

"No matter what, you two are my children. You will always be my children. It doesn't matter if we share blood because we are still family. Remember that."

Fire.

♫♫♫

Koenas Mariya Antoniya Barbanov was one of the strongest women I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I wish I could have been closer with her, but right as we began to truly know each other she was torn from this world by the hands of a murderer.

For a time, I suspected her husband to be the cause. Mariya sought me out to treat her for bruises, you see, and they were… So utterly horrifying to look at, I even became queasy at the sight. I told her I didn’t want to know what had happened. I told her my job was to simply patch her up and send her on her way. I should have asked her who did it. I’ve spent my entire life wondering if it was Heinrik, or possibly one of the knights. Or, was the Queen sneaking out of the city and getting herself hurt? I should have asked her so many questions.

I was going to ask her after the garden fair, the one that was right before her death. We had spoken beforehand about something quite concerning, but it was cut short.

I have never forgiven myself for never asking her if she needed help.

[!] End of Memoir Five.

-=-

Revas spent hours in the clinic, Temi by her side. The pain was worse than any injury she’d ever endured.

Teni assured her it would be worth it. And, in the end, it was.

Revas held the infant so close, fearful that she would disappear. The child wailed, even when her father took her from her mother’s arms to allow her to rest.

Her name was Vivienne Hanna Asul’onn.

Much like with the twins, Revas made a solemn vow on the night of Vivienne’s birth. She swore that she would protect the girl with her own life if the need arose. She would never abandon her child, never let her feel unwanted. She would love her unconditionally, no matter what.

The Storm’s End

It was an accident, in the end. A single wrong move on a simple hunting trip.

She’d sought out a bear. Bears provided much more of a thrill than deer, after all. She’d hunted a bear with Anduin in the past, so she believed she could do it alone.

Of course, she was wrong.

Perhaps she was resigned to her fate when the claws came for her neck. She did not move, after all. She hardly flinched. She didn’t even call upon her mists to stop the bleeding. It was not right to use her gifts for something as mundane as a hunting trip.

Revas was able to get away and stumbled toward the village she had started at. Her paranoia had subsided into waves of sheer acceptance. She laid upon the grass just outside of Veritas and stared up at the stars she and her husband had spent many nights talking about.

As her eyelids began to slide shut, she felt a hand stroke her cheek.

“It’s okay now, Pup,” her father said gently. “Come home with us.”

She saw her two fathers - the one she shared a blood relation with and his husband - who had died before she had even reached seven years of age.

And she smiled.

Cassim smiled back as he took his daughter’s hand. She allowed herself to fall asleep, hearing the lullaby Christopher had sung to her every night before his death.

Letters. ((These are private, do not metagame))

Family:

[!] A group of letters were sent to Elren, Vivienne, Aela, Tarathiel, Elias, Christopher, and Yarikh Asul’onn. ((Will be DM’d separately.))

Stefan:

Spoiler

Stefan,

I don’t know how to tell you these things. But I will try. You were the first child of your age group I properly met. You were the one who made me realize that I would - at least I thought - watch all of my friends grow old and die whilst staying young. I suppose that is no longer the case. You became my apprentice. I taught you bits of Waldenian alongside Marie. Those were the moments that made you feel like a younger brother to me. Thank you, Stefan, for being there for me. Thank you for everything, really.

Give your children my best.

FOnMu_9m5OLlCrgPiPAn96nPXF_n6cGqRfwyuKuPvNrjpF7tG2rmsZgxFDTJN0As51yaJNwxNMpLWRlEJ2TPfcEUg3Ktw5TXvR8VL-W9B1OCQO1DA49_cesIScgdWgpPq1H87Vv3

Friedrich:

Spoiler

Friedrich,

People really thought we were together, huh? Odd, really. I’ll admit, I never thought of you in that way until it was pointed out how we seemed a bit suspicious - and when I did, I puked. I miss the times we’d simply sit and talk, but.. That was before you had children and before I had my oaths. Hopefully someday, up in the Seven Skies, we can share a cigar.

I’m sorry about retiring from the HRA, but I had never planned to live as long as I did anyway.. Teni always made me promise I’d try to stay alive, but I crossed my fingers. Woops. I look forward to seeing you again, old friend.

FOnMu_9m5OLlCrgPiPAn96nPXF_n6cGqRfwyuKuPvNrjpF7tG2rmsZgxFDTJN0As51yaJNwxNMpLWRlEJ2TPfcEUg3Ktw5TXvR8VL-W9B1OCQO1DA49_cesIScgdWgpPq1H87Vv3

Teni:

Spoiler

Aestenia,

When you told me to promise I would stay alive, I crossed my fingers behind my back. I smiled and lied through my teeth. I’m sorry.

You were like a second mother, and for that I thank you. Thank you for the years of dissecting criminals to find out how people work, and thank you for teaching me the craft I love so much. I wish I could have proven myself better to you.

Veren:

Spoiler

Veren Elyra,

Hey, kid. If you get this, I am likely dead. I want you to know that, despite how little time we spent together, I loved you like a sister. I wish we had more time together. Watch after Tarathiel for me, my dear. She needs you.

Astrid:

Spoiler

Astrid Palmer,

You’re scary. And I appreciated that about you. If you get this, I am likely dead. Let’s hope I went out with a bang, ja? Keep Anduin on his toes.

Anduin:

Spoiler

Anduin,

You were a good mentor. I wish I could have been the student you deserved.

I never worshipped Xan, and will always refuse to.

Treat my mother well.

3HAC_U_5G1JqBweh37yL61WJc1nd0RY6LrRGYolC2gsF_D2BLZsZjUuNf9ny-MMBGdWhBOQaZOe1oMR8mMWjbuvHpnB961BDheuOvOJ193ytc0pQaC83fFgcBNtVKomzfCB7HTf_

Revas Minaeve "The Storm" Barrow-Ambrose Asul'onn

1781 - 1828

OOC:

It has certainly been a rollercoaster playing Revas. I want to say thank you to lillyeveans, Wolfey34, altiar1011, JustGrim, BobBox, MissToni, ColdestPepsi, Cypher_nicus, StrongBear, camocat9, Ztrog, Covey, and Saffryie for making my time playing her an absolute blast. I’m sure I missed some people, and apologies if I forgot you.

I wish I could say it was all fun. Unfortunately, that is not the case. With this PK, I will be basically ending my time on LoTC. By that, I mean I am getting too busy with my summer courses and preparing for university. I will still be around on discord to chat with friends, but I will be 18 soon. I have been on this server for nearly 6 years and I am tired. I plan to still play my character Isolde Barclay when I have a night off from studying or to wind down, but this is more for my own satisfaction to see her story ended in the way it should. I’ve learned that not many people see LoTC the same way I do in how I seek to create a fun story rather than essentially play Crusader Kings. Oh well.

Art dump!

Spoiler

wOlfEFd5rqkAqW1i8QvBurqyzd7tZz8khB90VZclwl2lVnaLbzCkZmm0RNIYRpa7D6rx9MD8IhzM4718VYVhEFGx3wIZGD-Yr4QBw7KDqRj6O5DhxTCSev4H0XoENQd4Pe0NCXH0zH_zTu9jkY5HMh3EAzQU8AGhuO5lmhmtTOL7HCtxu0SRltzUZ7fKBt8LapLiVdTftx_QBM1y_MdxFRRqld7b2EdtGJQpcma867jvikb5DAq9_IhP3-RIUgcQ_iPQcoTaiufpXUlfMz7NcdGTEcUIddkooWSpKCCp2QIPnId9RQ4SXvGupQUS9D1CuHS9fFA855CBY3Ff80rAS6SQdRaGfP1AdHr5KNotx76OuYuHRtEMSmlD-qOgM1zb8XGJk-kEb8DA4AoDQQz9xaj5IsAAr62uy6Oa4GuZuNXfUHnmL7FGc_4zOga1PektehoygfrokKKwFz1M68N7TVHLS6Bd9X1rdMayZXsOX6ofcqa5eJghc1_JwTn2Q_TlZuf_4vSzTZsd6M46kAeBgDtVzeZ0fgae

A Doctor paused as he heard the news - suddenly his work mattered not. The person in front of him could be healed later, his mind was plagued now. He moved to his study, then his lab, now searching for the woman who was gone. The thought plagued his mind, the thought that he could not be there to save her, save the one person he would even want to save. For the next long while, he would not be seen. His time was spent pouring over books which could not give the secret on how to go back and change time.

From the deepest pits of sorrow a Mali screamed. Even when he had not been around for so long, it pained him to hear such a news of his dear friends passing. If only he was around, others would then know his pain, but alas - it was self contained in some far off place.

Doctor Aestenia Aevaris was at her manor out in the Attenlund when the letter arrived. Larihei's grace, she wasn't ready for the context. She collapsed on the floor, tears streaming from her face. She remembered little Revas, the same age as her own dear twins, running about New Reza, usually chasing someone or running from some sort of trouble. Before her eyes, she had become her right hand. She had become like another child, Aestenia did have that habit of adopting children that weren't her own, and she had hoped that Revas would continue to grow and be there for her own darling little one. But just like another dear daughter, she was cut short. As another stripe of white hair joined the others, right near Marie's strip, but this one hurt unlike the others. This would be the first mali she had in her life that she would have to watch be buried before her. And that's what haunted her the most.

Anna d'Arkent froze when she received the news. She had decided to go to where her adoptive mother was for a visit when she got the notice. "I'm sorry dear sister, please rest easy now." There was much that was left unsaid, perhaps when Anna built up the courage to do so, she will visit Revas' grave with a bottle of alcohol.

Aela Asul'onn was in the forest. She saw the letter with the flask and coat, and she ran. She ran to the place where she felt most at home. She screamed and cried. How could this happen to her older sister. How could this happen to the one that was supposed to start her training along with everyone else. Who was supposed to be there when she picked up the family profession. She sat still, and she prayed. She prayed that her sister was happy and that somehow this message will get through:

"Lari'onn,

Please be okay. I miss you but I want you to be happy. I'll pick up where you left off. 

Your lari'onn,

~Aela"

Within some lonely mountain hold, cradled by embers eternal and the forlorn kiss of sullen stars, a woman sat - a mother, a warrior, a scholar and a healer sat. With the howl of the wind did her gaze fall to a tattered blanket, gentle fingers tracing the lines upon an aged portrait. Next to her sat a jacket, an overcoat rather; that which belonged to her daughter. Tears fell to the grassy knots like crystalline raindrops, and her voice - laden and fraught with melancholy - sung arias e'ermore unsung in remembrance of her fallen daughter. The Hithershore sang sweet and enchanting melodies which tempted her so, nigh begging for her to join all who had yet passed... 

Yet she refused. 

The ink ran in streaks upon the parchment of that letter, as it would be slowly and deliberately folded, 'afore it were stowed away. A mangled body sat in her lap, which she hugged and sobbed o'er as she sang - and 'lo, her flame dimmed. She besought answers of the Almighty, yet ever aloof, not a voice would come to answer her prayers. Love and loss danced within her core like disillusioned lovers, a waltz rekindled by the abject tragedy wrought upon her - blood stained her hands, though she was unsure who it even belonged to, anymore. Lightning crackled to life around her, wrought of moon-kissed ithildin and blazing brightly with all the fury that was borne of the storm, striking the branches of the mighty oak harmlessly, as the land around her were so fleetingly sacralized by her anguish. Her gaze lifted to the heavens, her hands trembling and her lip quivering as her eyes caught the roiling tempest o'erhead, and she so ruminated on the profundities laden in the mortal condition. And alas, as the sun broke the horizon overhead, she was left with but one simple question;

"Asul lente karinto... I will remember you, darling - daughter dearest... but why won't you come back to me? You were always so kind, so sweet... selfless... Where have you gone?"

"... Why will none of them come back to me? I don't want to be alone..."

Katerina Ceciliya let out a heavy sigh as she heard the news of another friend dead. She remembered the fond memories of the two holding an amputated arm or a leg while speaking to Teni. The memories clear in her head, a soft smile on her lips as she uttered

"Vy weren't supposed to die before me Rev, vyr an elf. Elves are meant to live long lives, I'm the one meant to have a short one. But it seems Godan did niet agree with such. I pray vy have peace now, that vy watch the rest of us grow. Make mistakes while vy laugh from above, rambling about niet getting to take vyr token limbs from others with vy."

The woman then walked to the clinic, gazing upon every room and corner to remember her friend. To remember her laugh, her smile and her kind voice that would always be so warm and welcoming whenever she spoke. Never judging the choices Katerina had made in her life. 

"May we meet again..."

"Haelun vhen ich get older, ich vanna be like vy!"

"Perhaps we will see, ja?"

The young child who asked this question over and over again, has grown, he has finally grown into a young man.

Elias O'Rourke found himself seated at the piano within Halstaig, playing his usual soft but meaning full melody when an elder tenant brought the news and the letter of his mother's passing, in an instant, a blink of an eye almost. The playing had stopped, the man had froze in his place, his dark forest hues reading the letter over and over again, drowning out the commotion of all who called this place home. 

"Nein, nein, nein." The man repeated over and over again, his head shaking violently as he fell from the bench, tightening the letter within is hands, "T'is can't be true." He call out in pure shock. Already having a hard time controlling his emotions, tears began to stream down his face. He felt his body tightening up, curling up into a ball as he wept into his knees. "Haelun, nein, it's t' soon." He'd choke out, "Vy never got t' meet vyr granddaughter, t'ere ist so much, nein..." 

Silence fell around Halstaig once more, the man who wept for his mother, continued to find himself reading the letter over and over again, his once bright forest hues turned to see his wife Iduna Anne, whom had been standing in the entry way. "Ich am nicht okay, t'is ist nicht okay, my haelun, s'e ist gone." He'd call out with a voice that has gone hoarse, salt stained marks running down down his broken visage. Elias soon after speaking his  last words, only fell eerily silent, slipping into deep thought.

An infant with a twin, taken in by a family of mostly elves, running around the streets of Karsograd causing chaos and trouble in their wake. A boy who has grown a deep attachment to his family, always saying that he would return home from long trips as he got older, always returning home no matter what. The young boy turning into a teen, looking to the the people around him, his mother, his grandmother, his twin brother, Elren, and to the rest of his family, watching it grow in size, the birth of Aela and Vivienna. Elias the most troublesome and adventurous, separating himself from his brother, but never straying too far. It was at this, he knew, he would need to come around more, need to check in on his family he was raised within, to not stay away for so long, dealing with the issues and people who call Providence home.

Spoiler

The forever ageing woman, one whom many are to think has long since passed, resides within her darken home, finally looks over the letter that had been passed off to her. The Palmer's one eye gaze looking it over once perhaps twice, "I know I'm scary dear, don't need to remind me" She'd cackle, no tears were shed for this passing, nor have any tears have been shed. The elder woman only falling more into her insanity, falling deeper from the grasp of those around her.

Spoiler

(thank you for the lovely roleplay I had w/ Revas - she was a great character! <3)

Amicia de Astrea had not known her mother-in-law for long, but she grew to admire her during the duration of her courtship with Christopher. Her strength, quick wit, and beauty were everything Amicia aspired to have. On top of that, she was an amazing mother to the love of her life, Christopher, whom she had raised so well.

"Save room for Godan," Revas had chirped from outside Christopher's bedroom while the two teenagers sat upon the creaking, wooden floorboards of the Asul'onn manor - giggling about such a remark all the while!

Years passed like mere seconds and the day of Christopher and Amicia's wedding arrived. Amicia had beamed so brightly upon seeing Revas in the church that day, evidently overjoyed that she gained the woman's approval.

Amicia distinctly recalled her mother-in-law hushedly threatening to hurt Christopher if he dared to break her heart. Of course, it was all in jest - but Amicia had felt love from a motherly figure for once, filling a void that had felt immensely vacant for most of her life. For that, she would be eternally grateful to Revas - not only for raising a son that she could call her husband and the love of her life, but for filling a hole in her heart that needed to be filled.

Hearing the news of her mother-in-law's death sat heavy upon her heart, as was to be expected. She wept for her - for the woman who would never get to be a grandmother to Amicia and Christopher's children. She wept for Christopher, the man she loved so much, as she had once felt the pain he was feeling right now. Empathy rang loud in her heart today, although such was overwhelming when paired with heavy grief like this. Amicia could only hold her husband in her arms and utter reassurances that she had once heard before.

"It will be okay. It will all be okay again."

Amicia most certainly knew it would be - but this loss would hurt. It would hurt for a long time - Amicia was certainly no stranger to loss. For now though, Amicia could only console her grieving husband and pray for Revas' safe journey. to the Seven Skies.

Some day, they would meet again.

Gwen Paladin

Having conceded to a wooden rocking chair set before a grand hearth, the scruffy frame of Anduin held the parcel sent out by Revas. It was neatly folded in half, pinched between the man’s pointer and thumb. His countenance reflected pensive rumination as he pulled lamenting sips from a clay mug. 

With mourn and regret in his sage voice, he considered what was left unsaid. To none, the man spoke.

“Did I ever tell her how proud I was?”

Only a bitter aroma would quell such thoughts as Anduin reminisced.

When Yarikh had heard of her sisters death an all too familiar pain welled from deep within her gut, rising up to the back of her throat and yet she supressed it, convincing herself she was numb to it. 

Just another family member, another friend that she has outlived. . . except that wasn't the case this time, tears spill down her cheeks as she got to work transcribing the documents entrusted to her, creating several copies to distribute among the Paladins and Revas's loved ones as Revas had wished.

After many sleepless nights it was done and yet with this final act for her sister she didn't feel satisfied, an empty feeling, the sense of finality missing Yarikh wrote out one last letter one that may never see any eyes but her own, one written to Revas.

Tears stained the letter Stefan Vyronov read informing him of Revas' demise. The older sister he never had, the one who he thought would outlive him by a long shot, had passed on. Stefan passively played with the bronze dagger in his hands, staring at it for long moments before fidgeting with it some more. He curled in his white polar bear fur cloak, the warmth of a father's embrace surrounding him, though bitter sweet.

The fire blazed before the pair. An elf with tattoos on her face sat next to Stefan on the couch, a serious yet caring look about her. The man was deaf to the conversation but he knew all the words, he saw the mists illustrate Revas' story. He saw her sit down next to him and mouth the words that came crashing down upon him those many years ago. He felt the embrace of her arms along with the tears streaming down his face. The man remembered the day that Revas had told him he was neglected, abused. He remembered the support she gave him. Clerics heal, Paladins kill. Revas had helped heal him that day. She made mists surround him, emitting a feeling of a father's embrace. The feeling made a new stream of tears drip down the boy's face, finally feeling something he had not for all his life.

The scene began to black out, but before it did, Stefan saw a glimpse of Revas handing him the bronze dagger from her youth.

In the street of Haense Stefan was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see the smiling face of Revas once more, holding a familiar white fur cloak, the gemstones in the clasp glimmering in the light. She put it around his neck and the warmth of a father's embrace surrounds him. A smile grows on his face as he feels the effects of the cloak that would help him through so much.

"Spasibo for this Revas. It means a lot."

Opening his eyes he came to and the void became present in his heart once more. The love and support he had counted on for so long gone for good. The tears streaming down Stefan's face falling upon the two mementos of a fallen sister.

He opened the private letter from Revas and soon pressed it against his chest, hugging the letter.

"Spasibo for everything. I would niet be the person I am today without vu. I will miss vu dearly and I hope vu look down on me with a smile. Dravi. Until we see each other again"

Edmund let out a loud sigh as he heard the fate that had befallen the lady that helped heal his paralysis, a debt he would never be able to repay. "Wer rastet der rostet." He uttered the words of his family out of respect, a saying known to all friends of the Reinmaren.

Christopher de Astrea found himself awakened suddenly by the insistent nudging of Ernst, the living timberwolf doll his mother had gifted him so many years prior. The sizeable doll had their paws on the forefront of the bed he shared with his wife, Amicia, who lifted her head off his chest as he stirred, prompting his sudden movement with a delicate, “Hm?”

“Vhat is it, boy?” He muttered bleary-eyed within the room he shared with his wife in the de Astrea manor. Christopher pushed himself fully up, scooting to the end of the bed and leaning over to retrieve the roll of parchment from around Ernst’s neck. Returning to his former position on the bed, the young merchant began fumbling with the ends of the rolled up parchment, finally managing to unravel the paper and reveal the unsavory contents.

Christopher initially squinted to make out the letter in his tired state, green eyes scanning over the words that had been penned in his mother’s scrawl- the scrawl of Revas. His tired expression soon dissipated, replaced by a sucking in a sudden gasp of air. He continued reading. His heart sank lower in his chest every second his eyes lingered on the page. “N... nein…” Came his disbelieving mutter, unblinking eyes on the verge of tears.

Tears began streaming from Christopher’s eyes, leaving trails of salt upon his face in their wake. He could do nothing but stare at the parchment within his trembling grasp, eyes scanning over such numerous times, almost to make sure he had read it correctly. To make sure he had not missed a single key word that would change the heart-rending news. Though, no matter how much he searched for that word- whatever it was- he never found it. The letter returned the same bleak result each time his eyes passed it over. He sucked in more breaths of air, in a doomed attempt to calm himself, though he couldn’t help but let an anguished cry penetrate the silence around him.

He recalled memories from his childhood, his mother at the forefront of each cheery one, or always there to support him in even the darker of times. Ernst, sensing his distress, promptly nudged his arm with his snout of fabric- though the action of the doll Revas had given him served only to force Christopher into a deeper hysteria.

He sought comfort in Amicia- one of few people who could help console him in such matters. Christopher simply trembled in her arms, seemingly unable to let go- an anchor to a place that was anywhere but his thoughts. Throughout his trembling, he managed to let out a shaking string of words.

“Ich love vy, haelun… ich did nicht say it enough. Ich vish ich spent more time vith vy… vish ich learned more about vy, ich vish ich vas more supportive of Elren… ich vish…” His breath shook as he spoke, “...ich vish Godan did nicht take vy so soon...”

Silence fell over the room once more, the only sound breaking it the subtle noise of Christopher’s sorrow.

The Elyra read the letter over and over again, studying each sentence as if some hidden meaning or joke would pop out at her. But there was no joke, no invisible ink, nothing; Revas was dead. Verendus slowly sunk to the bottom of the ground, the buildings of Veritas seemingly spinning around her.

Who...Who do I have left? Why...Why are they all leaving..?

The half-elf clutched the letter along with the vial of ashes she worn around her neck, curling up into a small ball in the dust.

I only have three left..

In lands unknown a Mali'aheral traces her steps back through the frozen wasteland. Silver-grey eyes, once so full of life, now empty and dull once more, suddenly gaze upward towards the darkening sky. Her head tilts to the left ever so briefly as a lump forms in her throat. She swallows, pulling the hood down, blonde hair whipping across her face with the icy wind. A foggy exhale as she seemed to come to some conclusion, some realization of what had befallen her sister.

"Rest well." She'd muse in some bitterness, knowing she would likely not see the others before they passed as well, so set on her quest she was. 

That night found her by her campfire within the cave, etching some manner of memories across the cave walls, some of Revas, of when she had been a youth, bright eyed and cheerful compared to Aobh's own bitter melancholy.