Content Creation & You: Player PEX, Media Team, Oh my!

Treshure

CT kinda based lately

i like taking photos with my shaders i might divulge into gifs

I feel like any player should be able to see them in vanish. They're not staff and they shouldn't be able to hide like that, they can just hover over normal RPers and watch w/o their consent if they don't have the pex to see them. (I.e., CC vanishes and warps over to X nation to count a PVP rally)

Sure, it can be regulated, but I can already feel the few bans coming from this once more people apply.

It's still cool, but 😔 A bit worrying 

24 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

I feel like any player should be able to see them in vanish. They're not staff and they shouldn't be able to hide like that, they can just hover over normal RPers and watch w/o their consent

Making cinematics or anything that requires the 4th wall is virtually impossible without vanish. Players punch at you, disrupt others' RP, and so on. I had to fight to use vanish as a player for this very reason.

We're going to be moderating this pretty tightly. Content Creators in vanish won't even be able to see other staff members. The possibility of abuse definitely was made in the conversation, and we'll hand out punishments accordingly. 

EDIT: Going to try and reach a middle ground on this. Made an edit on the main post, check it out.

Just now, Treshure said:

Making cinematics or anything that requires the 4th wall is virtually impossible without vanish. Players punch at you, disrupt others' RP, and so on. I had to fight to get vanish as a player for this very reason.

We're going to be moderating this pretty tightly. Content Creators in vanish won't even be able to see other staff members. The possibility of abuse definitely was made in the conversation, and we'll hand out punishments accordingly. 

Oh, sick! Hopefully it does well then. I'm excited to see what content gets produced!

Spoiler

I am certainly not one of the people that punches at vanished people. Id never...

Remember folks that your time and art is valuable, and so is your labor. Proceed at your own understanding!

Let the games begin.

20 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

They're not staff and they shouldn't be able to hide like that, they can just hover over normal RPers and watch w/o their consent if they don't have the pex to see them.

I'd think a good solution to this would be to make the player whilst in vanish have a similar situation to souls where they can't actually see roleplay chat.

17 minutes ago, Treshure said:

Making cinematics or anything that requires the 4th wall is virtually impossible without vanish. Players punch at you, disrupt others' RP, and so on. I had to fight to use vanish as a player for this very reason.

To add onto what Treshure was saying, if a player were to use the command to abuse it, a staff member will most likely be in the area to catch the player in vanish

2 minutes ago, AudTheOdd said:

I'd think a good solution to this would be to make the player whilst in vanish have a similar situation to souls where they can't actually see roleplay chat.

Gonna be implementing this, dw. Just gonna have to play around with it since I think the current reason why wandering souls can’t see any roleplay channels is because of how the luckperms are set for wandering souls

25 minutes ago, aiden0023 said:

I think the current reason why wandering souls can’t see any roleplay channels is because of how the luckperms are set for wandering souls

Absolutely nothing to do with perms. The reason wondering souls can't see roleplay chats, is because people bought alt accounts just to spy on roleplay using a wondering soul account. 

I remember when i made my first couple lotc narrator videos, I bought an alt account in wandering soul to be able to get aerial shots. This is a good addition to the server. I mean, think of all the people who just want to get cool aerial shots of their build or event. 

This is great! Excited to see the content that comes form this.