I played a dwarf 4 months ago, argument invalid

jkjk ily joel the mags must suffer 

1 minute ago, ScreamingDingo said:

why do non dwarves keep writing runesmithing this just makes the mags hurt more

I looked it over and I play a dwarf therefore I win

9 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

now fix clerics

no.

It's pretty neat. Solid themes. I'm sure Quav will be able to nit-pick mechanical issues better than I though.

Interesting. After seeing all the other rune magic posts get denied i hope this one does better than the others

insert the generic 'OMG ONLY ST EVER GET TO POST LORE' comment here

below it, insert my +1 for my own liking of the lore altiar. I personally always wanted to learn runesmithing w my dwarf, though I was always sad to have seen it denied over and over again. I hope that if this lore gets approved, it will bring back a small and interesting aspect of dwarven rp

However, I must express some level of concern that the fact that Rune Smiting is compatible with some deity magics leaves me to fear a potential and rather bad path to min/maxing if things get that bad. Though chances are they won't, I would prefer if something like that could possibly be avoided (just some small concern due to how people can work about magics on an ooc level)

A runesmithing lore that isn't just a copy of the previous with slight changes? My mind can't process this. 

think.gif

Sign me the heck up, chef! Runesmithing time! +1

Hopefully you give the dwarves back what they deserve! +1. I really love the idea of having tools and anvils paired with a runesmith, not only does it make the smiths unique themselves, but it offers a chance for some truly spicy roleplay.

14 hours ago, King_Kunuk said:

However, I must express some level of concern that the fact that Rune Smiting is compatible with some deity magics leaves me to fear a potential and rather bad path to min/maxing if things get that bad. Though chances are they won't, I would prefer if something like that could possibly be avoided (just some small concern due to how people can work about magics on an ooc level)

I've received similar DMs from a multitude of people, asking me why Runesmithing was compatible with (insert player group here's) magic or CA, and my answer to such is quite simple.

I don't feel that it should be my job to police who exactly gets access to a neat crafting magic. The point of it is exploration of themes and storylines, and provided that the roleplay is sound, I don't see any reason to outright bar most people from using it - that was never its intended purpose, when I was writing it. I feel like allowing anyone, Heralds or Paladins, Spooks or Holies, etc. to explore what this magic has to offer, provided they've the slots and meet the prerequisites, is the most beneficial to the health of the magic as a whole, and furthermore its longevity. Minmaxing could happen, sure - but that'll happen with anything. No sense in limiting the potential scope of the lore just because I'm afraid that (Insert Player Here) will use it to make their CRP beast character even more of one. 

+1 Personally I love this rewrite and can see how much work you've done. It looks to be really fun. I hope it gets passed!

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.