Krughai Mission Report: Undead Invasion

L0rdLawyer

[!] An independent report of loose papers can be found posted in Krugmar and surrounding areas. The paper seems to be translated to common for easier reading.

Entry Azh -

Four unknown armored individuals spotted at the gates of San’Velku delivering a mangled corpse. Corpse was 60% intact, most major organs were removed (excluding liver and small intestines) and large chunks of flesh were removed from the upper torso. Two of the four individuals were identified cutting off meat and eating it from the orcs body. 

ahLSBW3RmtOzUFzZJRsv1__zv7iHDv2SCoXPf0f8hxEkEIBAh2yZfYWrrUa5dxMZEMTPSUqhDtLyoVxUSc_tC4sTIEeQZx319fkRJaEGH0NIQcHu_kvXWV4JDRwXYWGTCuqyfdSw

Message from Cultist 1: “This is what happens when an orc enters Vortice, stay away”.

Rex Kor’garr the Clanless notified. Krughai Task Force - Scorthuz Scorpions deployed to Talons Grotto Vortice.

Entry Dub -

Krughai Task Force - Scorthuz Scorpions arrived at the Gates of Talons Grotto Vortice within twenty Cactus minutes. Personal guards Hu-din’Dom and Glizzi’Raguk assigned to protect Rex Kor’garr. Upon arrival to Vortice, the following individuals were at spotted armed at the gates (sketches provided): 

• One dwarf:
    • Identified as Lord Ireheart of Urguan -
    •  CCr9To90hZMGHNrWrve-PgmHnsz5NpONtQCojcz55XX_SU_qbO1yqeo00F43-WPfpcTRTa7UXDU1DfOH-1zHuFy-qBRna2JydR8Ow9eCBkNuDoEJ4SKcX5hv8-UwbHNhPd4kzzW6
  • Three humans:
    • Unidentified - Given Call Sign - Xaaht Azh
    • image.png.8c33c20ecfeb147b6fec6fe2a9367436.png
  • Unidentified - Given Call Sign - Xaaht Dub
    • 2vxmbT_aDzARQ9w2JpMiFFn4UzStNh2aGgFP-a4mi9PALMmKlzXdXU1uOOWtFVxa22HGcm408MZpOuJBv2qMX1fduv2Nfr_bfd5DCZRSm-DWXv1MZUZe-b1Kgxoy5SNdttITqHLD
  • Unidentified - Given Call Sign - Xaaht Gahk
    • 72q1fSCv1Mflmnm37A4LbdYu3XsEzeBx4tqGl5pfVbNc4cTDNaIXilXDvdfwASJPKgDM2IUcth-1r3HbccBiEltmwYdkeE4hD8RZYBWg17c6pV02WPs9elFPj5PbfvrB7qmzPoy3

Upon reaching the gates of Talons Grotto Vortice, Rex Kor’garr engaged in conversation with Local Royalty. Lord Ireheart, Xaaht Azh, and Xaaht Dub were spaced behind the gates, inside the city, visibly armed, and engaging in harassment against Scorthuz Scorpions. Xaaht Gahk was later identified on the gate house roof, approximately 10 meters away and 15 meters in the air, with a crossbow aimed for the Rex. Xaaht attempted assassination of the Rex Kor’garr but bolt strayed to the right and hit Hu-din’Dom in his left shoulder. Task Force Scorthuz Scorpions engaged all assailants in skirmish outside of Talons Grotto Vortice. Xaaht Azh was observed as fallen in conflict, body not recovered, assumed to have survived. All other assailants fled towards Elvenesse. Xaaht Azh, Xaaht Dub, Xaaht Gahk are assumed to be members of a new undead cult - Levaz Failures. Xaaht Gahk matches descriptions and identification of cannibal assailants at Krugmar, Xaaht Azh and Xaaht Dub were identified as cultists for their defense of the armoured cannibal cultist who attempted to assassinate Rex Kor'garr. Further reconnaissance required and follow up interviews requested.

Attached:

• Medical Report: Hu-din’Dom
  • Injury: Bolt strike to left shoulder
  • Damage: Minor puncture wound with damage to muscles.
  • Recovery: One needle and thread required. Recommend azh Cactus week rest and visit to Farseer twice in the next Cactus Month. 

Attached:

• Weapon Report: Blackened Crossbow Bolt
  • Status: Retrieved from Hu-din’Dom’s shoulder after conflict with cultists at Vortice. Bolt has no magical properties from initial observation. Alternate testing required and a witch doctor requested for spiritualistic study. 
  • Sketch:

y3XfXnXZl0LogznuM-BNzIDhnSOpljv1zF40aVj2rqCJ_IrkWsJ0PgOrxgVGBc1MCOslL4BLg-IG6rPu8g1U5XlKDZEYbBfbVfJR-8l5j9ZQ0-olNBmpxcO0dD3l2qeH5AQUappl

Entry Gahk - 

Reports of Undead in Vortice and Oren were reported to Krughai. Task Force Nub Racizt Friendz assembled and deployed to Providence, Oren. Task Force Leader Ar-Gorok supervised by Hu-din’Dom. Initial Task Force separated into gahk groups of futh. Upon arriving at Providence, TF-NRF Azh interviewed MOJ footmen about rumors of an undead attack on the nearby bridge. TF-NRF Dub was assigned to foot patrols through the gardens and church districts. TF-NRF Gahk was assigned to interview ISA officers about any attacks on citizens or ISA soldiers. TF-NRF Dub and TF-NRF Gahk reported no leads, but Ar-Gorok and TF-NRF Azh found evidence from the MOJ that similar undead cultists to Xaaht Gahk were seen in uniform attacking citizens and heading towards the forest. TF-NRF Azh was not able to find any hideouts or traces of cultists in the woods, further exploration required. 

Entry Futh -

Hu-din’Dom arrived at Providence, Oren to attend the Emperor’s Court to discuss undead threats. Hu-din’Dom was later accompanied by Willi the Snaga. When in line, Xaaht Dub was recognized and observed in formal attire petitioning the Emperor. Assumptions made, Xaaht Dub (Member of Cultist Group labelled Levaz Failures) identified as possible Orenian Nobleman. Further investigation required, goblin messenger requested to contact the Emperor and/or Imperial Cabinet for a list of nobles to cross reference. 

Analysis:

Possible Undead Bases located in Providence, Oren or Vortice. Expeditions required to confirm.

Possible Undead Cultist located in Orenian Royalty. Confirmation from Oren to be requested.

Possible Undead and Dwarven relationships. Further investigation required. 

Edited by L0rdLawyer

Dame Viktoriya wonders how their faces were miraculously painted on each, especially if the 'undead' in question had been armored and masked. The woman frowns, and tosses away the paper, hobbling off.

Bakir Ireheart wondered when the orcs developed photographic memory and such artistic skills to sketch such an exact image of himself! He shrugged going back to working with the Paladins to rid of any Undead from the realm.

Glizzi'Raguk! Wargoth of Clan Raguk nods as he rubbed his chin "yub it ahm eezi tu draw deez doodz, zpezhuli da ztowt, hi bi yappin at our gaytz evuryday, pitiful it ahm, tsk tsk tsk" The goth shook his head before returning to shrine building.

1 hour ago, Elite_Snipes_ said:

Bakir Ireheart wondered when the orcs developed photographic memory and such artistic skills to sketch such an exact image of himself! He shrugged going back to working with the Paladins to rid of any Undead from the realm.

An Elfess of Repute would grumble tiredly as the report reached her, slamming her face into her makeshift work desk as her imported Qalasheen coffee wafted steam into the air.

"I bloody hate uruks..."

A figure hidden amongst the shadows would read this and blink a few times... "Well this is just sad."

Krawz reads the report, nodding. “Dat iz hozh work from Ar-Gorok. Mi grukkin dat da undead agh aneh uv dere friendz will probableh be pretteh upzet dey were caught flattin peepul.” 

"I am afraid I only vaguely remember this day."  he says taking a sip of his morning brew, "Oh I think I do remember actually. The orcs were raiding vortice and I had to protect the freedom of their democracy. It is a shame that orcs have slipped a bit in there means of communication. Being a diplomat to their city they were very hard to communicated with. It seems it happens amongst themselves as well. At once he would begin to scribble in his journal, "I must document such means of communications, this is truly remarkable seeing that they are making, well actually I wouldn't consider that progre-" says the man going to scribble in his journal once more. "However I am still unsure as to why I am in this flier, this seems to be happening a lot to me these days. Good thing many other citizens of the Empire were present at such an occurance, and can testify my involvement should it need be testified."

Edwin de Sarkozy ponders this, before deciding. "I think I am going to visit the Uruks for painting classes. Who knew they'd be so good at it!"

29 minutes ago, Guzr said:

Edwin de Sarkozy ponders this, before deciding. "I think I am going to visit the Uruks for painting classes. Who knew they'd be so good at it!"

Kor'garr suddenly rises from his position near his forge, the strange idea of setting up some painting sessions for his citizens coming to mind. He shrugs with an easy grin. The city's haruspices would be glad to host such an event.

Aeonn would shake his head as he reads the missive "Every person who wears full plate, anyone who they dont like, and anyone who even wears dark clothes, orcs will scream theyare undead cultists and junk...their endless and senseless hunt of those undead are driving them mad even more so than usual."