[✓] [CA Race] Nephilim - The Lesser Dragonkin

ronin_champloo

yeah it’s pretty pog 

pog rewrite 

1 hour ago, Undubitably said:

Over the course of one IRL day, their soul would return to the nearest Azdromothan shrine and gradually rebuild its vessel from the flames.

though i've got a lil question,,,, if there were no shrines (should it be possible) where would the Nephilim's soul go to? Would it just linger around the realm aside from mundane souls until a shrine is brought back? Or do they just die?

On 7/19/2021 at 11:32 AM, Vi said:

though i've got a lil question,,,, if there were no shrines (should it be possible) where would the Nephilim's soul go to? Would it just linger around the realm aside from mundane souls until a shrine is brought back? Or do they just die?

The Shrines are meant to be a device for conflict and RP - otherwise, they'll MCly re-spawn as normal.

I just wanna rp again man.... Big +1

There are many things I like and dislike about this Azdrazi re write. Most of my dislikes are how this write has come to somewhat... I suppose 'neuter' the azdrazi to some extent by giving them some unnecessary weaknesses (my opinion at least). The most striking one though I find is their weakness to Xanic magic. Yes, I understand xan hates dragons, so it would make sense for their magics to effect them in a negative way, but being unable to cast their magic upon being struck by a single xanic attack (successful mind you) feels a bit overkill? (however void magi get their mana sapped from them the moment they get a simple cut from thanium, but magi are already weak so false equal?)

A new strength I like is the clarification that they get to keep their herald abilities if they had them in life, as in the last lore that was something confusing to me that I could not exactly understand clearly or not.

A final note I feel like I should make is my confusion about corruption. It feels... vague? or rather, very easy for a dark mage to corrupt a Azdrazi. It seems (and rightfully so) that a fully corrupted azdrazi is weaker then their uncorrupted counter parts, but does the azdrazi 'cleansing' ability allow them to cure the corruption from a fully corrupt azdrazi? or are they damned forever

Ether way, I find this rewrite clears up some issues the old one had, even if I myself am a bit confused by some mechanical things within it.

6 minutes ago, King_Kunuk said:

A final note I feel like I should make is my confusion about corruption. It feels... vague? or rather, very easy for a dark mage to corrupt a Azdrazi. It seems (and rightfully so) that a fully corrupted azdrazi is weaker then their uncorrupted counter parts, but does the azdrazi 'cleansing' ability allow them to cure the corruption from a fully corrupt azdrazi? or are they damned forever

Ether way, I find this rewrite clears up some issues the old one had, even if I myself am a bit confused by some mechanical things within it.

You’ve already stated here that, rightfully, an Azdrazi should be easily corrupted (as all dragonkin are weak to the machinations of dark magic per lore. Iblees was the first source of corruption against the creation of Dragur, being the forefather of the Drakaar and other lesser corrupted dragonkin such as the drakes). That already answers your question.

Cleansing is able to cure a fully corrupted Azdrazi should it spread the cost. If an Azdrazi expunges all 8 units of dragons flame by themselves, as stated in the exhaustion table, they will die. The redlines for cleansing specifically state that an Azdrazi can split the costs (i.e one could give up 4 dragonsflame units, and another could give up 4 dragonsflame units to fully cleanse an Azdrazi who is corrupt by 8 points). 

Hopefully that answers your question.

2 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

You’ve already stated here that, rightfully, an Azdrazi should be easily corrupted (as all dragonkin are weak to the machinations of dark magic per lore. Iblees was the first source of corruption against the creation of Dragur, being the forefather of the Drakaar and other lesser corrupted dragonkin such as the drakes). That already answers your question.

Cleansing is able to cure a fully corrupted Azdrazi should it spread the cost. If an Azdrazi expunges all 8 units of dragons flame by themselves, as stated in the exhaustion table, they will die. The redlines for cleansing specifically state that an Azdrazi can split the costs (i.e one could give up 4 dragonsflame units, and another could give up 4 dragonsflame units to fully cleanse an Azdrazi who is corrupt by 8 points). 

Hopefully that answers your question.

yes it does ty!

Please… 

just accept it already