Lamentation

Keefy

A small letter appears to whom it may concern. The family both close and distant to Hareven Lorenthus.

"I have made mistakes, time and time again. Not just actions that can be mended, but the kind that might

have left many of you wanting or hurt. I am sorry for them. 

It has been brought to my attention I have not all been as well of a man of the family I wished to be.

That my selfishness has caused harm, which yes I knew of, but now it has hurt others as well.

I do not know when I lost sight of what I wanted to be for all of you, but I do want to improve.

I want to be better.

So I send these letters, to those close to me. I want to talk, to learn how to be better.

Cause I'm tired of hurting, and I'm tired of hurting you.

I'm tired.

As always, you know how to find me. 

A small seal lays on each letter, of a strangely simple crest of a Circle with a rigid crack through the center.

Directions to the Owl's Perch sits on the other side of the letter.

Spoiler

OOC: Hareven's going through some stuff, so I fever dreamt this idea up. If you can't get ahold of me in rp cause of events and stuff or IRL don't stress it. Cheers!

A little inky magpie peskily flutters about Hareven bearing a note. 

Sat before an open flame in a house that reeked of ash, Cecil Lorenthus read and reread the note with a pained grimace on his features. Just as  he began to draft a response, two small children peaked their heads into the office.

"Maln?" The Eldest would ask, the younger sleepily waddling behind.

Cecil would give a weary sigh, taking in the bandages for burns that had yet to heal. Scrubbing a hand down his face, he turned  to them. Despite the regret, guilt, and sleep depravation, he'd offer a smile to them both. "It's time for us to go home."

Spoiler

3612dbfd69e11f988b783072d13904dd.png

"A letter?"

A mix of confusion and curiosity laced the Lilac druid's words at the appearance of the letter. Closing the door to the burrow, she turned to venture deeper into the home. She opened it, teal scanning over each written word.  A frown of concern spread across her face. The letter was reread multiple times, the pain and guilt within the written words felt deeper each time.

"Hareven..." 

She reached out for her staff, which had been resting against the wall nearby. With staff in hand, she called out into the burrow, as she planned for a journey to the Owl's Perch Tavern. 

"Cal, I'm going out for a bit."

As darkness plagues the Elvenesse forest into its eternal night, the light of the moon would cast its illuminating glow upon the roadside tavern. Hush whispers fill the canopies of the trees above while a soft breeze blew across the quiet region. In that moment of pure serenity in the night, the solemn Treelord would notice Väki begin to stir. Its elongated form audibly creaks as its mass now grew into the wooden familiar of the feline creature. The lynx that once held the Bluejay's rather crude and rebellious personality now acted in an eerie calm akin to a presence he hadn't felt in so long.  Its eyes that usually held a violet hue now shimmered with an aqua and ivory glow as the creature would focus solely on the entrance of the abode before it started to venture outside. 

" Little Bluejay...." 

A harmonic voice whispers in his ear. The vibrancy of the moonlight's rays beckoned him forth. Upon stepping out,  a glistening trail of pawprints would lead Hareven further into the woods nearby. The end leading to a small break in the branches above that bathed the area in a realm of eternal beauty. The air itself held such a tranquil serenity that seemed to pulse from the faint silhouette of his companion that sat in the center. Though as he would attempt to get closer, lynx like creature suddenly shifts back into its original form as it plummets to the ground. The landing site where it struck would suddenly bloom an entire bed of ivory and aqua colored morning glorys.

"Why do you hide even from me?" 

The voice would softly whisper once again as the last of the moonlight would now vanish from the night sky. Dawn now began to rise in the morning twilight as Hareven would be left standing before the flower bed that shimmers softly.

c5cce9a94362ffefa7bb16e413950207.jpg?wid