[Ando Alur] A Princes Missive From the Clouds; Twilight of the Shuul

A Princes Missive From the Clouds; Twilight of the Shuul 

"In Knowledge, Power"

5rDqHFNBgERYQNupKzbgX7ZEozeHOZk5kHxQDOL6uBw2RbOVdie-YJ2mXzHo3ZiR9QNXbERWHChJID3y63htln3LXwUUy3S2yZ6u82_qZtvLLyGupWxu5maBbXlzyGNcU-f6H1I_

Penned on behalf of his Highness by

Sinbad al-Bahaar

5th of The Deep Cold

Year 33 of the Second Age

It is with great pride that I, Sinbad al-Bahaar - Seat of Poetry, and loyal subject to his eminence Prince Vulnir Syllar; present the second issue of the weekly Alurian Royal Missive.

Much can be said of the late tidings here in the clouds. First and foremost, the astute men of the conclave continue their uncanny business of mortal sustenance; as I still do-be drawing breath while writing these lines. Yes, yes; a jibe, I hope I am making a good impression. 

In other less important matters; a battle has been won, an expedition had, and a Royal Gala been held. I do say, boring stuff in the face of imminent death. 

vjh6doDYvEnCPdWNd8IHSc5N1zY0t8yS5ICqasqeMVWsEMiCMXJMGgIJyo0ydiR1-yE5Xi5n5RaxuyN21wk1cHZnW1spulppeSj1KJGcJCuS4_oASOwajkufhiC6ucNm3V_EOr_t

The Sagacious Sentinels 

From a mere scholar's view, it would seem the newly composed, and most venerable; Alurian Sentinels, be a welcome addition to us residents of the sky. On the eve of the 3rd, a crippling blow was dealt to the subaquatic Shuul scourge, more commonly denoted as ‘Fishmen’. A first hand recount of the battle; collected from The Lord Sentinel, Harald Hansen, recites the events that transpired on that most triumphant of nights. 

“As we approached the battlefield, we were first shelled with spears from the fort. There were approximately twenty of us, a mix of all nations and races. We got behind the rooted barricades that were formed by Becclain, a known druid; while he attempted to build a bridge from our location to the fort. However, the root snapped and they used it to encroach on our position. We suffered an ally casualty as a result. The turning point in the battle came from a hexer, or witch doctor that poisoned the water causing a mass retreat to the depths, however; the elite Fishmen vanguard unit was not so lucky. The water was later cleansed, and our victory assured.”

Terrifying business I must say. We are lucky to have these staunch oppressors of savagery. No official date for a subsequent incursion has been proposed as of late, however; a full ousting of these aquatic beasts is planned.

[Any wishing to join the ranks of these gallant warriors, speak with Harald Hansen at the Sentinel Barracks.] 

Revenant Revelations

Regarding the Sentinels once more, I was privy to a meeting called upon by The Lord Sentinel, in which he raised two objects of interest. 

1. Recruits: Shiro, Edvard, and Aaravos, have attained the rank of Sentinels in recognition of their efforts. 

1. A rogue phantom of the name Tal'Aelor, seeks an unknown vengeance on all Alurian citizens. 

i2M5-4B0huRdVkeUu_MO0fv69pW86hzXmaMJmsAru3gDbUg-xXO4PKE09ikujuL1UTqXlPS4Fc06lPSPuQvn3yT3QeGEuwo6xjvQ2lJZsxbUJlanZ9Xz5UKzhwhoKZZKSGX4X84s

A Meteoric Masquerade

One of my many recent regrets was the inability to attend an event as grand, and opulent, as the Royal Gala. Alas, I have been told with the most ostentatious glee; of the magnificence of this celestial themed masquerade. Held in the royal palace, nobles and subjects intermingled for a merry night of disguised delight.

Proclamations 

The Upcoming Beach Bonanza

In an attempt to recapture the splendor of the Royal Gala, his serene Highness and his Council intend to host a similar such event: The Ando Alurian Beach Festival. Worry not for the weather, as you are in Ando Alur! and I can assure you this coastal cabal will not disappoint. 

[OOC Date: Sunday the 24th 7pm EST] 

A Search for Founding Families & Guilds

On behalf of Prince Syllar, I extend a warm invitation to the well-to-do families of Almaris; to take up residence in the Floating City. I have been advised that eligible families can take part in a Lordship arrangement, in which Manors and titles may be bestowed.

Similarly, guilds are actively encouraged to settle in Ando Alur, with tax free guild halls being granted according to activity. Those interested are encouraged to send bird or come in person to the floating citadel

[Those interested can reach out via discord, forums, or in game to inquire more!]

ChNlj2IGsDAo7FxAOKV4ZwhZlFHuC__Ascml8T8TBSuP2jMjAVUCEIiaGjEiEO5E0u03DNkdYbZWIG7xJHRzUXvRsMg_aeQGX3DbAiYkJiWG045kP3k48fDTxRku6ikCjWkocUIF

[OOC]

Want to get involved? Come visit us in Ando Alur in roleplay or join the discord!

Discord:

https://discord.gg/sM3TexBZQh

I hate the forums, our sub-forum is glitched again so hence why it is in Elves. Sorry not sorry.

Sinbad beamed as he read this missive found discarded on the street. "I do be making a name for myself", he thought.

Ilyana was proud that her event was a success!