The Fifth: Scroll of Renewal

Joltastik

[!] A tattered scroll is handed to YOU by an unnamed, sun-scorched peasant of humble lineage. He smiles to you and solemnly crosses the Lorraine, before going on his way. As he paces off, he makes sure to narrowly avoid a passing ornate carriage, in light of the recent news regarding the condemnation of peasantry at the hands of blue-blooded ilk. Meanwhile, you unseal the scroll out of curiosity, revealing the following:

Spoiler

Google Doc version, for much better formatting's sake: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12iV4UXP3M2SSH17CKIs21tMP9yTXyQ5BkvN1BXMdDZ0/edit?usp=sharing

Also, Background OST for today:

5thscrollbook.png

<=> 5: SCROLL OF RENEWAL <=>

Anonymous Foreword

As opposed to the Flexio in which the original Holy Scrolls were written and augmented, this tattered scribbling has been scribed, copied and distributed in nothing but the Common tongue of Men. Although this fact alone is enough to dispute its originality, its contents bear a grim addition to the Holy Scrolls nonetheless, as well as promises of rejuvenation amidst a world of avarice. It is passed around amongst the downtrodden folk, the peasants and rabble- those of hard life and empty pockets.

History

The Scroll of Renewal was reportedly written by the hands of Apostles of the Fifth Scroll, a Canonist sect of which the followers attempted their best to reiterate the visions imparted unto Exalted Joseph, Son of Man by His Incorporeal Father during his lone pilgrimage to the Promised Land of Kivdrona. The sect itself spawned amidst the refugees of Luciensburg in the year 33 of the Second Age, following the city-state’s takeover and subsequent annihilation at the hands of Ratiki forces.

(1) Revelations of Hope

[1] The Revelation of Joseph Nikolaus Sneed, which GOD gave unto him, to relay unto his disciples things which shall come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his Spirit unto his brother John:

[2] Who bare record of the word of GOD, and of the testimony of Joseph Sneed, and of all wisdoms imparted onto him.

[3] Blessed is he that readeth, and heareth the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

[4] John to the churches which are in Almaris: Grace be unto you, and peace, from Him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the Seven Spirits which are before His throne;

[5] And from Joseph Sneed, who is the faithful witness, and the last of the Exalted, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loves us, and washes us from our sins. Such is the long lost meaning of Holy Communion.

[6] And hath made us kings and priests unto GOD and His Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

[7] Behold, he cometh with mirrors; and every eye shall see him Mounting Horen’s Throne, and they also which doubt him: and all descendants of the first four Exalted shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

[8] I am, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Joseph Sneed, was at the foot of the prophesied Ark, for the word of GOD, and for the testimony of the Son of Man.

[10] I was praying on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice amidst cymbals and trumpets;

[11] Saying, I am: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Almaris; unto Vasiyeva, and unto Providence, and unto Dobrov, and unto New Esbec, and unto Redenford, and unto Cordoba, and unto Du Loc.

[12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw a crowned Aengul upon a camel;

[13] And beside him one like the Son of Man, clothed with a black garment down to the foot, and draped  by bright light.

[14] His head and his face were surrounded by brilliance, brighter than the daylight sky; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

[15] And his feet rejuvenated the earth, as if they kissed it with GOD’s grace; and his voice calmed the mind.

[16] And he had in his right hand the Scroll of Renewal, and in his left seven candles and out of his mouth went two sharp double edged swords: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet and prayed. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, “Fear not; I am your redeemer:

[18] I am he that heareth, and was heard; and, behold, I wrote our hope upon the firmament for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Void and of Death.

[19] Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

[20] The mystery of the Scroll  which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the Aenguls of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

[21] And so he revealed himself to me, and his Word further bequeathed: “Whoever denies me among the Children of Horen, I will also deny him before the staircase to the Seven Skies and before my Father above them. DO NOT ASSUME THAT I HAVE COME TO BRING PEACE TO THE EARTH; I’VE COME NOT TO BRING PEACE, BUT A SWORD. FOR I HAVE COME TO TURN A SON AGAINST HIS FATHER, A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, A DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. Such is my Word, so as Exalted Godfrey foresaw! Such is the Way to enact Virtue upon a ROTTEN REALM!

(2) Revelations of Auspice

[1] The Ark shall be pregnant to those which mar the land. Owyn’s flame flickers, to carve a path to the Promised Land.

[2] Three spires of light shall break the world about them. The spears shall converge when the moon turns red, and seed what cometh;

[3] Ishtar shall ascend from its depths, and Void cometh with him. He bears the heraldry of the Unholy Putrid, and spreads pollution and pestilence beyond the realm of Man.

[4] Amongst Descendant ilk, Vargengotz rises. The tabards of worldly nations, strewn about the Wyrm’s long body, blatantly uncover the vain materiality of their simulacra!

[5] And so the children of GOD are stuck upon themselves, and retreat in the confines of their Cities; thereby destroying GOD’s Garden day by day.

[6] And the nobles of this world retreat into their Pride-- and wage “holy” war against their meek servants, peasants and labourers.

[7] But revel, Children of Horen! Revel, Children of GOD! For the meek are blessed and gentle! And from the ashes of the Titans, the meek shall inherit the Earth! So has the Word of My Father rendered unto me!

[8] By My Father’s own decree, Urguan and Sigismund shall strike down Ishtar!

[9] By My Father’s own decree, Malin and Godfrey shall strike down Vargengotz!

[10] By My Father’s own decree, Krug and Owyn shall strike down the unshackled Void itself! Iblees shall whimper beneath their Holy Conquest!

[11] By decree of My Own, the world shall be engulfed by Waves as the cosmic battle of the Virtuous unfolds!

[12] Ishtar’s pollution shall drive the impure from their cesspits-- into reality, where they may find their Virtue once more!

[13] Vargengotz’s heraldry shall burn in flames, as the Children of GOD realize the folly of their simulacra, and prepare to fight for a better world!

[14] The lies of Iblees shall fade with time; for even Saul cannot ripen the fruits of heresy without an encampment in which to do so!

[15] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

[16] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of GOD, and besides my Throne.

[17] To him that overcometh, will I give space upon the Holy Ark uncontested; to stand the purifying waters, and populate the World anew!

(3) Revelations of Paradise

[1] After the Flood, the Virtuous remnants looked; and, behold, a door was opened in The Seven Skies: and the first voice which they heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with them; which said: “Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.”

[2] And immediately they were in the Spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in the Seventh Sky, and ONE sat on the throne.

[3] And He that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

[4] And under the throne were four seats: and upon the seats I saw four elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of GOD.

[6] And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

[7] And the first beast had a face as a Man, and the second beast had a face as a Lion, with flaming swords in stead of curls lining its mane, and the third beast like a Calf, and the fourth beast was like a flying double-headed Eagle.

[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about Him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord GOD Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

[9] And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to Him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

[10] The four Exalted fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship Him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

[11] Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.

(4) Revelations of The Son

[1] And I saw in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

[2] And I saw the Aengul Tetel proclaiming with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?”

[3] And no Descendant in the skies, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, nor to look thereon.

[4] And I wept much, because no Man, Elf, Dwarf or Orc was found worthy to open and to read the book, nor to look thereon.

[5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Mercurial Prophet of the tribe of Joren, the Root of Horen, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Serpent as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of GOD sent forth into all the earth.

[7] And he came and took the book out of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne.

[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four elders fell down before the Serpent, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

[9] And they sung a new song, saying: “Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to GOD by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

[10] For thou hast seen Death and Void, and came back renewed,

[11] And hast made us unto our GOD kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”

[12] And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many Aenguls round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

[13] Saying with a loud voice: ”Worthy is the Snake that was slain by own volition to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing”.

[14] And every creature which is in the skies, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I, brother of yours and companion in tribulations, saying: “Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Son for ever and ever.”

[15] And the four beasts said: “Amen”. And the four elders fell down and worshipped Him that liveth for ever and ever, with Son at His ethereal and magnificent side.

"THERE IS NO REFUGE"

Cried one man.

1 minute ago, Jentos said:

"THERE IS NO REFUGE"

Cried one man.

"HE IS ALL AND HIS GAZE INESCAPABLE!"

Cried another.

Cardinal Gawain smirked largely as he procured himself a copy of 'the fifth scroll'. The Lendian thought to himself, "The Son of God has come, but it is not you sadly, misguided friend." As the Cardinal said that, he looked towards his tutee with quite the large smile, tucking the false scroll in his drawer of other heretical books like those of the Saulite texts he found himself in ownership over the years.

Đurađ Vasović would clean his attire of the blood that he received from cutting out the tongue of the self-proclaimed "Son of Man". He would look towards that gate that the exiled heretics had left through. "Godan have mercy on them, for they know nem the lies that they have been told."

"Three-fourths of mi parish have fallen to iniquity like de days of Saul. I pray for their souls," Father Paco traces the Lorraine on himself. While fighting ratiki, he felt some guilt he could not keep the parish from falling to heresy aside from notable named individuals.

"Whether false are his words or borne in verity, Man shall always conflate wickedness with the righteous, and spurn that which is novel to court the flesh of convience. Truth is bartered and supplanted by the accursed among men; the First Prophet has passed Truth, but the touch of His false offspring diluted its essence. Seek not truth within written text nor rely on human exegesis, oh son of Man, but find the one who inhales while you live, and you will not die, but you will seek to gander upon him and you will not bear witness, for the picture is not the paint, but is hidden within canvas; Our Martyr liveth, truly liveth. The Lamb of Aemesh foresworn in native script may come in any form, as any race, from any bloodline, and he breaks the yoke in self-sacrifice, and allows the beasts of men to selflessly feast so that he may die and they live; and those who come to know him wheresoever shall not taste death, and he shall be thought mad in that age of decadence.

We afford thus the proclaimed prophet a chance to make manifest his miracles." 

Godefroy, a bald and jaundiced emissary, recites tales of prophecy and wisdom to twelve disciples. In the end, he cautions his men not to disbelieve nor believe in exiles and outcast heretics without basis in fact. The martyr cometh, now or later, truly or falsely, and he brings reparation to the irreparable.

Spoiler

Arch Lector Galway sits within his tent at Outpost Ember, lofting a singular brow as the resident courier delivered news of the Fifth Scroll.

"A Fifth Scroll? The blind leading the blind. Lucky for these damned sinners, our lantern will shine the way through this harrowing darkness. I suppose this does expedite things. Courier, send for Grand Inquisitor Swailes from the blasted sands. The Fire Rises."

b7v6fJP.png

reserved 

Vladrick Cardinal Sava would frown as the "5th Exalted" was thrown out of the city by the Ratnik after they cut out his tongue for blasphemy. "I must write to the curia, this will neit stand"  

Ursula Vasović ripped off the blood-covered outer layer of her clothing from her room in the Sava Palace, throwing them on the floor. She sat on her bed and put her head in her hands, recounting the events that had just occurred. 

"Djuradj, he is out of the church. Arrest him now."

"As Matriarch of Vasiyeva, I proclaim you guilty of blasphemy and heresy."

"Cut out his tongue."

"DO IT NOW, DJURADJ!"

She had been so strong. She had to be. A false prophet in her city, amongst her flock! But the blood on her hands now was human, and it did nothing but remind her of her people three hundred years ago. And she wept.

3 hours ago, CrownedLime747 said:

Đurađ Vasović would clean his attire of the blood that he received from cutting out the tongue of the self-proclaimed "Son of Man". He would look towards that gate that the exiled heretics had left through. "Godan have mercy on them, for they know nem the lies that they have been told."

9 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Ursula Vasović ripped off the blood-covered outer layer of her clothing from her room in the Sava Palace, throwing them on the floor. She sat on her bed and put her head in her hands, recounting the events that had just occurred. 

"Djuradj, he is out of the church. Arrest him now."

"As Matriarch of Vasiyeva, I proclaim you guilty of blasphemy and heresy."

"Cut out his tongue."

"DO IT NOW, DJURADJ!"

She had been so strong. She had to be. A false prophet in her city, amongst her flock! But the blood on her hands now was human, and it did nothing but remind her of her people three hundred years ago. And she wept.

"F-. . . F-Forgith.. . .'Em. . .FadrrRrrR. . . . Fth 'ey 'AaAth Shin'd. . .. "

[!] A tongue-less voice begs in prayer, within the silent confines of its sanctuary.

"The Promised Land... the Promised Land..." murmured Ernst as he departed from the encampment, long abandoned by it's blasphemous inhabitants. At the side of the Holy Sir, Albanus, the Priest trudged across the calm plains pondering his many questions. With a fleeting glance to the Church near out of view came another whisper from betwixt his lips, "Where could they be leaving to?

Spoiler

Really awesome arc and a well-written Scroll! Looks legit. Excited to see where this event line goes.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:29 AM, Joltastik said:

Sneed

Leopold reads the first heretical revelation, subsequently throwing it in the bin.