A Mother's Grief

SadBeanQueen

Copy_of_Copy_of_Untitled_4.png

On the Death of Hanelore

I, Eleonore O’Hara de Astrea, Chamberlain of Norland and Chieftainess of Clan O’Hara, am announcing the heart-breaking death of my daughter Hanelore O’Hara. I wish I could have been present with her during the last few moments of her life, though she had been taken too quickly by an unknown poison. She requested a burial at sea in the south during the terminal stage of her illness. I am unable to bring her home for a proper goodbye.

A Letter to my Daughter
Every night I lay awake. Haunted and broken, I weep. I lack all hope. I long for a different story, wishing I could have given my life for you, my daughter. I feel a part of me has died along with you, a vital part of my livelihood, my purpose as a mother. 

My little bird, I wish you never flew away from the nest. Though, every raven must spread her wings and fly. I wish you could have soared higher into the sky. I wish you could nay have been shot down. I wish I could have drawn my sword for you. I long for your free-spirited self. I always admired your sense of adventure and trying new things. You were an extremely strong young woman. I wish I could have seen where that bright mind of yours would take you as you ventured south and beyond.  I wish, and I wish.

You are deeply missed by so many: Oliver, Lex, Cedric, Avalor, Astrid, Isabella, and Herilissa. We will do our best to honor you.

I hope you find Astvald in the halls of the All Father. Share a drink with him for me.

Love, Ma.

Vane sweeps the papers from his desk in frustration before composing himself with a deep breath in "I should've bought more O'Hara wine..." he says slumping down into his chair.