Society of Saint Henrik

SOCIETY OF SAINT HENRIK

bqEQHf1XSlssnSZ3h4eeq2ZB0M5E8mx4uYwkMo8lWVm7-SFF6bgfIODJLSXSWJuK7B7tK6rii87nCgqdhB3YMfquxSIJBVRxQN3I1eQ-5XzZ1aeAYT90XANOuyveOvU9KAipG2RJ

Est. 383 E.S.

FOUNDING

The origins of the Society of Saint Henrik emerge from the prolific political discourse from various informal Dumas throughout the late Petrovic and Ottonian periods. These informal gatherings consisted mainly of an elite few, the upper class of lordly nobility who came together to discuss and oftentimes advise the Crown and his councillors on current events and affairs of the day. These meetings are often credited for enshrining the Haeseni code of Jeremic Liberties into the government, a code that was previously used by St. Karl in the Duchy of Haense before the formation of the Kingdom we know today.

One of the main architects of these gatherings was Saint Henrik Otto Bihar of whom the contemporary society is named after. Saint Henrik, often referred to as the Hauchpalatin or The Great Palatine, is a cornerstone of the modern Haeseni State and the founder of the Biharism ideology of which this Society stringently adheres to. During his time, Saint Henrik, guided by his faith, reinvigorated the nobility of Haense and found a sacred balance between both low and high born, a balance that all successors to his stature strive to obtain. Our Patron Saint helped establish a cultural legacy which is still partly present today, even with the Josephite Revolution and other culturally liberalizing events that have moved our Kingdom further away from its staunch traditions. Saint Henrik serves as a symbol of everlasting Highlandic tradition and is the embodiment of the Haeseni spirit.

The reformation of this Society, under the watchful eye of Saint Henrik and Godani himself, hopes to rekindle the upper class highlander culture and reinvigorate the Biharist spirit within Hanseti-Ruska. The Society’s ultimate goal is to reestablish the prestige and suavity of the nobility and to preserve Haeseni traditions and culture by opposing the cultural secularization and liberalization that has seeped into the soil of the Kingdom through the Troubles and our prior entanglement with our former masters.

CREED & IDEOLOGY

I, as Eldervolk of Saint Henrik, profess my belief in the fatherhood of Godani and the brotherhood of the highlands.

I vow to preserve Highlandic traditions, uphold Jeremic Rights, and renew Biharist virtues.

I vow to defend my King, my Kingdom, and my Biharist principles till my dying breath.

The Society of Saint Henrik is founded on these principles, and I will use my utmost effort to preserve them for Posterity. 

So Help me Godani.

The Society of Saint Henrik follows closely to traditional Biharism, but focuses mainly on these tenets of the ideology and has embraced them as the main points of contention with the new era of progress:

Traditionalism- a focus on maintaining the specific customs and traditions of the Highlander people, as well as the noble and monarchical hierarchy of Haense. A Biharist does not deny meritocracy and in fact mostly endorse it; however the ancient customs and traditions of the nobility and religion are typically left untouched and unmolested.

Pan-Highlanderism- the concept of uniting all Highlanders, the Sons and Daughters of Joren, under one flag and one state. This includes both Raev, Hansetian, and other highlander peoples. 

Jeremic Liberties- the concept of the Haeseni subjects as protected under the government. Biharism holds the Jeremic Rights as its standard, which are as follows,

“To each freeman is his own life, to take it is to be a thief,

To each freeman his own time, to take it is to be a slaver,

To each freeman his own sword, to take it is to blind him,

To each freeman his own wife, to take it is to injure him,

And to each freeman his own farm, to take is to make him no man.”

The Society also holds into great esteem the idea of Everardianism, or Moralism, which holds Canonism and the Church of the Canon as the chief moral authority of the realm, and therefore, holds adherence to Canon Law as a vital virtue of the Haeseni national identity. Everardians tend to favor stricter moral laws, greater freedoms to the clergy, and patronage of Canonism as the state religion.

The Jeremic Society embraces both main sub-branches of Biharism; Centralism and Feudalism, as equally important ideologies which should take part in scholarly debate; both are openly accepted and encouraged within the Society.

Centralist-Biharism- a philosophy which supports greater powers of the royal state over that of the feudal estates, though in respect to Biharist rights and freedoms. Typically, a Centralist supports the royal army over that of noble levies, and greater focus on the primacy of central institutions.

Feudalist-Biharism- is a centrist philosophy which supports greater rights of the estates over that of the central government, though in respect to Biharist views of authority and national loyalty. Typically, a Feudalist supports noble levies over the royal army, and a greater focus on feudal institutions.

LEADERSHIP

(Grand Elder) Haucelna = HCA

(Vice Chancellor) Vizekanzler = VKR

hKF1A18hpLgGSuL8kCKS3ND-WxQBXMjpUV_tMdM4ubtA8YcURvxqZpjhstee_UZzEUV4b0ZlqOia975sGsVBcnGQ_NsWqpPm3IC8nB8lw3Uc-7u5qCBYcuRh_uhofRSKwpUrwR1I2leKBFKdGEAzsTyRf7iMggrktWG0bhS5JiWdlU07Bc4E-BcQvYsm1LiO1CkhAOHOWA-XB3KCLg_WJK7tSVkuSu9qfT8tRdsUvi7Y8tk1q_OfY9R7UhBUR9ewdvdD49TBzLFDnN9o

I HAUCELNA

Andrik Baruch, HCA

Andrew Baruch, HCA

Year E.S. - Present | Year A.H. - Present

@Drew2_dude

Political Ideology: Everardian-Feudalist

---

AucwIw1qYIpY6SnzXm4TLUbctMC8VcacZiDxCCQas0fe-pEwgY0-K_07OvSxRCmtT7lyvtnW1Ad-U_OdxAkIZM_9cpEMkTQ_dghYbQ9X0EFRLdza4nsNxBUwgw_HGgr-4T7JyeCu nrEu-BhLA4AfdDgawhOoamNoWUdsAdedzLmQcYTuJozszfvgXfKvnZRjpvOncwprgD5KbxXDaARhDN4vT_l7W11ef7F1z23w3houQ-_WiR0Ulva44sQyPKD2QYJxIj7WupBwM_R2

I VIZEKANZLER

Juliyus Kortrevich, VKR

Julius Kortrevich, VKR

Year E.S. - Present | Year A.H. - Present

@Quinn275

Political Ideology: Everardian-Centralist

FUNCTION & DUTY

The mission of the Society of St. Henrik is the restoration of a Pan-Highlandic identity within Haeseni society. For far too long, the distortion of the Haeseni national identity has been rampant, often by a crisis of confidence and a lack of internal consciousness of a definitive cultural destiny. Our primary duty is to assert who we are and who Haense has been- a bastion of certitude that has endured the crises of the human epoch for centuries. Ours is a patrimony of values that culminate into a fulfillment of generations of Haeseni people who have endured. Our mission is the sole reclamation and preservation of these ideals, the creeds that comprise Biharist virtues and the safeguarding of these sacred tenets to our posterity.

sx6B3hB7gD6I5tE2SXYcabGo_X3ZsmcMmtkIOwUt8UcIafBZUhq22eRvlErzN5ekfEV-8eVRYOfrVMxZnrVjGaoWlK7T9_7W1rvh5IvKy1g6xHsF0CzMG82Bva5bSVbz-gKEWwCK

Hauchkaiyer (The Great Meeting) shall be convened by the Hauceldna and facilitated on an annual or biennial basis. Members shall affirm an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Jeremic Liberties. A Holy Scroll must remain open for the full length of the meeting to ensure and remind those present that Godani and his word are ever present and that our hearts and minds should be filled with scripture and canonist virtues. No non-members or women are allowed to attend Hauchkaiyers, as the Society of Saint Henrik is a brotherhood and sacred fraternity, outsiders and those of the opposite sex are not permitted.

Our organization shall serve in the interests of Haeseni welfare, bringing together our efforts to fundraise for the Archdiocese of Jorenus, advancing public campaigns for political candidates who espouse the classic ideals of the Haeseni people, encouraging and patronizing authors of works that share our message or exude Haeseni nationalism, and fundraising toward initiatives to beautify and uplift the homeland.

MEMBERS & STYLING

*Ranked in Seniority*

(Grand Elder) Haucelna = HCA

(Vice Chancellor) Vizekanzler = VKR

(Member) Edlervolk = EK

Andrik Jan Baruch, HCA - Aulic Envoy of Haense, former 1 term Alderman

Juliyus Kortrevich, VKR - 5 term Royal Alderman of the Royal Duma 

Sir Viktor Kortrevich, EK - Hauchdragus of Haense, Kastellan Scribe of Haense

Sir Franz Morovar, EK - 5 term Grand Maer, Baron of Ghaestenwald

Cardinal Yaromir, EK- Cardinal and Patriarch of Jorenus

Maric var Ruthern, EK - Former Lord Palatine of Haense, Duke of Vidaus

Nikolas Barbanov, EK - Prince of Haense, Duke of Galahar

Ruslan Baruch, EK - Lord Speaker of Haense, Duke of Valwyck

Frederick Baruch, EK - Former 1 term Alderman and Grand Maer of Karosgrad

HOW TO JOIN

To join the Society of Saint Henrik, one must be an accomplished Haenseman who has enriched the culture and or State in some form, if you believe you should be accepted into this brotherhood, send a letter to the Haucelna, Andrik Jan Baruch, or the Vizekanzler, Juliyus Kortrevich. They will then determine of you are worthy of joining the elite society that sets out on preserving and revitalizing the traditions of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

Signed,

His Excellency, Andrik Jan Baruch, Aulic Envoy of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, HCA

Juliyus Terrence Kortrevich, VKR

Edited by Drew2_dude

"This can turn out to be good.. Traditions are important aspect of one nation, indeed..", High Pontiff Tylos I says as his gaze moves from the missive towards the icon of Saint Henrik on his wall, nodding once.