✙Penitents of the 5th Scroll✙

Joltastik

[!] As you trek the stone-paven roads of Almaris towards your destination, you begin to hear faint drums and litanies intermixed with groans and wails of pain. Soon enough, your sight heralds a sinister confraternity of penitents. They intersect with you on their pilgrimage. Many ignore you in their trance, though a few take a moment to touch your shoulder in passing-- uttering prayers in your name and strange invitations to join them in their travels towards a Promised City:

Spoiler

<======================================================>

Flagellants.png

THE PENITENTS OF THE 5TH SCROLL

In the plains they prowl with sweat soaked and oft-bloodied skin gleaming through their white garbs, capirotes around their heads. They wield their long whips, weaved with glass shards and nails or other sharp things and others bear crosses. They mutter endless litanies, wandering aimlessly in droves in search for one unfortunate enough to incur the wrath of their insane zealotry. 

They move in large groups of twenty or more, shuffling for leagues through the sand with their whips repeatedly cracking upon themselves. When tired, they amass at the oasis and bathe, eat  and sleep in the reeds or pontificate over theology.

Townsfolk claim they are simply pilgrims who have lost their minds to some kind of masochistic ecstasy in response from their flagellation, but the parish believe it is self-inflicted penance for grave sins they have committed.

Talking to them is difficult, but possible. Throughout the seemingly insane repetitive verses and prayers are interspersed glimpses at their reasoning-- Something about the stars aligning, a labyrinth… A prophet and a Son

Often, an experienced eye may spot a standard, or scraps of a uniform that are familiar. Men formerly of Oren, Luciensburg, and other canonist strongholds. They are from far and wide, yet amass here, the frontier.

...Will you join them?

b35f419cc8db4f2da7ae45528ba5fc92.png

Name:

Discord:

Do you accept the Son of Man into your heart? [this implies agreeing to a strict PK clause!]:

Name: Kasimir

Discord: Augustine#4364

Do you accept the Son of Man into your heart? [this implies agreeing to a strict PK clause!]:
"Cloud Temple is a covenant of necromancers, I forsake them."

Name: Normund

Discord: Balthy#6909

Do you accept the Son of Man into your heart? [this implies agreeing to a strict PK clause!]: I accept the Son of Man into my heart!

Name: formenost

Discord: n/a

Do you accept the Son of Man into your heart?

"I hate the Palebeast, and I love the Son of Man."