XXXI Session of the Royal Duma

XXXI SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

OFFICE OF THE ROYAL DUMA

Issues and Confirmed by His Majesty King Heinrik II

iqwq6Yb4JmKKFeZEXVKhbOSmVCKadSXEN4edDgjthFHSPPrEb_5N8_BkWlj3JWBsG3xbKxojD_a6BR-E9m8vBpoSoFm3BNvHWk2fWxOgS0A1KD-JgrCkHtm6eTd7ZgFTTuK7UgXX

4th of Tov and Yermey, 383

The XXXI Session of the Royal Duma is hereby called into session by His Majesty, King Henrik II of Hanseti-Ruska and the Aulic Government. 

Members of the Royal Duma shall include: 

1. Herzen Johann Barclay @Frymark

2. Herzen Ruslan Baruch @Sarmadonn

3. Herzen Maric Ruthern @GMRO

4. Komit Jan Kortrevich @Luminaire

5. Vikomit Isaak Amador @Pureimp10

6. Vikomit Kazimar Ludovar @HogoBojo

7. Bossir Hildebrand Mondblume @Limo_man

8. Bossir Franz Morovar @Gusano

9. Bossir Stefan Vyronov @Wolfey34

10. Royal Alderwoman Evalina Amador @Leyrin

11. Royal Alderman Viktoriya Tsescar @TreeSmoothie

12. Grand Maer Karl Amador @giambro

13. Lord Palatine Adrian Colborn @JuliusAakerlund

The aforementioned members of the Royal Duma are forthwith called upon to discuss nominations and appointments of the following positions prior to the first sitting, Tov and Yermey, 383 [25/07 (Sunday) 3PM EST], at which time voting shall be considered closed:

• Lord Handler: serves as de-facto pro-tempore Speaker in the absence of Lord Herzen. The Lord Handler is the only other office within the chambers that may wield the Black Bulava. The Lord Handler shall be elected from among the representatives of the Royal Duma by the representatives and confirmed by the Herzen at the beginning of each term.

Members of the Royal Duma are invited to nominate themselves to this office and cordially debate other nominations by letter to the Lord Herzen. All members are asked to vote for any proposed officer.

[[ONLY TAGGED MEMBERS ABOVE ARE PERMITTED TO POST.]]

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

[!] A courtier would deliver a letter to the Lord Speaker's Office, bearing the sigil of the Lord Speakers own house.

"Lord Speaker, 

As you do hold the position of impartiality, and asked for me to represent our seat in the Royal Duma, I assume the responsibility of nominating a Lord Handler falls to me. I nominate Lord Hildebrand Mondblume and similarly vote Aye on his nomination.

Signed,

Andrik Jan Baruch, Aulic Envoy of Haense, HCA 

[!] Not shortly after, a simple courier of peasant origin would deliver another letter, bearing the seal of House Morovar.

"Lord Speaker,

It would be my honour to also support the motion to make Bossir Mondblume the Lord Handler for this session. I do fondly recall days where him and I sat on the Royal Duma together when he was nought but a Tribune, now risen to the grand stands of our society's finest. I do vote da in favour of Bossir Mondblume.

His Highness, Franz Leopold Barbanov-Morovar, Duke of Schattenburg, Baron of Ghaestenwald KM EK."

[!] A courtier did travel to the Office of the Lord Speaker.

"To the Honorable Lord Speaker,

It does please me to vote in favour of the Bossir Mondblume for Lord Handler."

Signed,

Maric var Ruthern, Duke of Vidaus

[!] Yet another letter was delivered, bearing the seal of House Monblume

"Lord Speaker,
I consent to be made Lord Handler, but my personal vote will be to
Grand Maer Karl Amador for Lord Handler."

Signed, Ser Hildebrand Mondblume - Bossir of Richtenburg

[!] An old, overworked, and frail courier eventually makes his way all the way up to the Office of The Lord Speaker, as was instructed of him by his noble lord. He would be bearing the colors of white, gold, and black which were the signature colors of House Ludovar. Once opened, the letter read:

"To His Excellency, Lord Speaker Ruslan Baruch,

In the name of my father, the Honorable Kazimar Hieromar Ludovar, Viscount of Seswesk, I, Lord Robert Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt, cast my families vote to support the honorable Grand Maer of Karosgrad, Ser Karl Amador, to serve as the sixth Lord Handler of the Royal Duma."

Signed,

His Lordship, 
Robert Aleksandr Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt

Jan Otto Kortrevich also casts his vote!

"I vote Lord Amador for Lord Handler."

-signed Jan Otto Kortrevich

(Formatting bad and low effort I'm on a train rn)

[!] A tiny, white-plumed Seraphim bird swoops down from the rafters, offering the Dame's vote. It seems to have been written on the back for some ancient book shop coupon . . .

"To His Excellency, Lord Speaker Ruslan Baruch,

I vote for Grand Maer Karl Amador to be made Lord Handler.

Signed, Dame Viktoriya Tsecsar I KL, Royal Alderwoman."

[!] Grand Maer Ser Karl Ruslan Amador enters the Prikaz with a letter dangled in his pocket. As he strides up towards the Office of the Lord Speaker, he placed the letter under the door.

"Dear Lord Speaker,

It appears that we are in search of a new Lord Handler, though, however, I would be obliged to take on the responsibility."

Signed

383 ES

The Humble, Ser Karl Ruslan Amador, Knight of Haense, Detective, Grand Maer of Karosgrad

[!] A neatly folded piece of parchment would arrive in return. 

"To the Honourable Lord Speaker,

I vote for Grand Maer Karl Amador to be made the new Lord Handler. 

Signed, Lady Evalina Amador, Royal Alderwoman."

[!] A letter would be written from the Duchy of Reinmar and sent to the speaker's office.

"To the Lord Speaker,

I Apologize for the late nature of this vote but it was sent to my three year old grandson. I would like to cast my family's vote for Lord Hildebrand Mondblume for Lord Handler.

Signed, Regent Sir Friedrich Barclay, KML."

[!] A letter would find itself onto the speaker's desk. It would read

"To the Lord Speaker,

I vote in favour of  Lord Hildebrand Mondblume as it is my understanding that the Grand Maer already has a position.

Signed, Bossir Stefan B. Vyronov"

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 383 SITTING

OF THE XXXI SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 10th of Jula & Piov, 383 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Mondblume

LORD HANDLER ELECTION

Nominated were Bossir Mondblume and Grand Maer Amador.

BOSSIR MONDBLUME

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Vyronov

GRAND MAER AMADOR

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

Grand Maer Amador shall serve as the Lord Handler for the XXXI Session.

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting on the 4th of Tov and Yermey, 383 ES, the first new session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. We've reached quorum.”

Maric Ruthern: “A question, Lord Speaker?”

Ruslan Baruch: “One moment, Herzen Ruthern. To begin, let all in this Duma Hall hear me now, and that I  hereby appoint Lord Isaak Amador as Royal Inquisitor. Do you object, Lord Amador?”

Isaak Amador: “No I don't. And I thank you for placing your faith in me.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Very good. What was your question, Herzen Ruthern?”

Maric Ruthern: “Forgive me, perhaps I’m getting old. Are Aulic Council members still free to use their ancestral seat to represent themselves in the Duma? And are they additionally able to represent their house as a stand-in?”

Ruslan Baruch: “You can use your ancestral seat to represent your house, but you can not be elected to this duma hall. 

Maric Ruthern: “I see. Thank you.”

Isaak Amador: “Lord Speaker.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Aye?”

Isaak Amador: “In my new role as Royal Inquisitor, might I be allowed to ask a few questions to the Lord Palatine before we hear any bills?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Of course, go on.”

Isaak Amador: “Lord Palatine Adrian Colborn, my questions to you are regarding the economic and financial affairs of the Kingdom. As a member of the Office of the High Seneschal, I have seen the tax books of Karosgrad, and I am very disappointed to say that this Kingdom makes an average of 700 mina per Saint's week. I am sure that the Aulic Council knows of this problem, but I believe that it is in the interest of this body that we hear what exactly the Council is doing to address this issue?”

Adrian Colborn: “Most certainly, you are not wrong to say such and it is only right you ask this question. I have been in heavy talks with the council. Likewise I've spoken extensively with the Lord Seneschal in regards to this matter. We were originally not aware of the matter as the Treasurer kept the ledger close to his chest. We have an overall deficit but it is manageable and controlled. In the largest sense we've a need for more houses to be sold, for more inhabitants. I have spoken closely with the Koeng and we intend to create a more thriving economy. I don't believe the practice of entirely basing our income on taxes is a wise one. We're considering candidates for the next Treasurer and I personally am of the mind, that someone wise, That someone proactive should be chosen. Any further questions?”

Isaak Amador: “There have been discussions in the Seneschal's office of lowering the prices on houses while subsequently increasing taxes slightly, which requires that a new Treasurer be chosen. I'm glad you bring up that point; my next question is regarding the status of your search for someone to replace Duke Erich. When exactly can we expect a new Treasurer to be appointed? you say that the deficit is manageable, but it seems that the appointment of a new Treasurer is the first step to fixing the Kingdom's money problems.”

Adrian Colborn: “Certainly so, while the deficit is manageable it is still of great importance we fix the current situation. We've simply been busy with getting a firm understanding of how large the problem is... How extensive. Now that we've done our due diligence it is as you've said time we make a choice. We are of the mind that in-house competition between the candidates will select his successor.”

Isaak Amador: “Thank you Lord Palatine. My third and final question is directed to the Aulic Envoy. Your Excellency, with the expiration of the Iron Accord, we are now lacking any true defensive allies. There was the recent publication of a non-aggression pact with the Grand Kingdom, but does the Aulic Government intend to promote this to a defensive pact, or pursue alliances with any other polities?”

Andrik Baruch: “Oh, I Didn't expect to speak about work, but very well. Currently, we are lacking allies. However, we are and will always be looking for friendships with nations, and we will continue to seek out new alliances, especially with the dwarves. With the end of the Iron Accord, comes new opportunities for Hanseti-Ruska.”

Isaak Amador: “Thank you, your Excellency. Lord Speaker, at this time I wish to pull my advisory bill from the itinerary for today, as the Lord Palatine has answered the question posed by it.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Your bill will be tabled, you may sit. We shall now be discussing the Legal Persons Bill, written by Andrik Jan Baruch. The chair calls upon Lord Baruch to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

-Aleksander Ruthern replaces Lord Maric Ruthern as he is excused to leave.-

Andrik Baruch: “Well, Mister Speaker, my bill today is simple, its to clarify the vague definition of a legal person within the Haurul Caezk.”

-Kortrevich Representative arrives late.-

Ruslan Baruch: “Kortrevich, you're late.The chair now opens the floor for  unmoderated debate.”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “May I ask a question on the bill?”

Ruslan Baruch: “This is what unmoderated debate is for.”

Isaak Amador: “This is a disgusting bill, one that will hamper our ability to compete with Oren or other nations that allow these beings.”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “Ah! Apologies, Legal persons -- what about Bestial races? Kharajyr, Dragonkin, Grasshe - Ehem, Bryophytes. They've been proved to have descendant-esque intelligence.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “If it has fur, I offer it a slur.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Remain cordial, Representative Ruthern.”

Stefan Vyronov: “Dragonkin?”

Robert Ludovar: “I don't know what those are.”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “Bestial races altogether, regardless of what they be. Shall they be considered legal personalities, or shall they not? It needs clarification in the bill.”

Franz Morovar: “I think the implication is that they shall not.”

Robert Ludovar: “Well if it's not listed there then I assume they do not.”

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker I'd refer my colleagues of the Royal Duma to the scientific study conducted by Juliyus Kortrevich, as seen in it, they are not capable of proper thought or free thinking, nor are they mentioned in the Holy Scrolls as a son or daughter of Godani. They are not, and will never be a person. Pets? yes. Animals? Yes, but not a legal person. Currently as the law stands it is way too vague, this offers a solution to the issue.”

Viktoryia Tsescar: “That makes sense. Perhaps a clear line stating they are considered pets be written in - Just in case.”

Stefan Vyronov: “Where did he publish the scientific study?”

Isaak Amador: “This is bad for business! Why should any one of these races come to Haense and purchase from our shops if they don't have protection under the law?”

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker I ask my colleagues, has there ever been a Nation made of Kha with a Kha leader, a Musin nation with' a Musin leader? No! They do not have the proper ability of intricate thought to lead more than a village, which is always subjugated by a greater power. When Godani created  Horen, Malin, Krug and Urguan, he did not mention Musin, Kha, and Houzhi.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “I motion to vote.”

Franz Morovar: “I second.”

Andrik Baruch: “And may I add to Lady Viktoriya, a condition that states they are considered pets would not fit in the law code, they would be considered such by merely leaving them out.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Motion passed, we shall now move on to a vote.”

LEGAL PERSONS BILL, 383 E.S.

By Andrik J. Baruch

AYE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Ludovar

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Grand Maer Amador

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Mondblume

The Legal Persons bill has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “Next. We shall now be discussing the Taking Stock Advisory Bill, written by Duke Maric var Ruthern. The chair calls upon Representative Ruthern to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “This is a fairly simple one. This advisory bill written by my Uncle brings up the persistent issue of housing and properties being sold to non-peerage on nobles' lands. The Crown - especially with its monetary issues of late - must levy a tax on these properties.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Isaak Amador: “What about Knoxville and its inhabitants?”

Adrian Colborn: “I motion to vote, it is rather clear cut in all honesty. It is simply a matter of letting the votes speak for us.”

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker, I can see the need for the bill to tax those that live in noble lands, especially with the current money problem for the Crown coffers, I’ll support it.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Is there a second motion to vote?”

Robert Ludovar: “I second.”

Stefan Vyronov: “The personal guards work for their housing.”

Edmund Barclay: “I believe that one of the rewards of nobility is tax free land, land that they are entrusted to govern on behalf of the King. If his majesty wishes for those living on noble lands to be taxed, it should be a tax enforced by the nobility that governs it.”

Isaak Amador: “Nobility may live tax-free, but the law is clear, Representative Barclay. Nobility may not have housing for anyone other than personal guards, meaning the rest are there unlawfully and should therefore pay tax.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Knoxville is a case I will leave up to the Crown. The Halfling people consume little resources and require no upkeep prices.”

Karl Amador: “I motion to vote as well.” 

Ruslan Baruch: “Motion passed.”

TAKING STOCK ADVISORY BILL, 383 E.S.

By Maric var Ruthern

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Herzen Barclay

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Mondblume

The Taking Stock Advisory bill has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “Before you all leave. If there are any that have not voted for Lord Handler, send me your vote soon. I believe you need to do so, Lord Palatine. And be sure to attend the Kortrevich and Ruthern wedding happening now. Duma dismissed.”

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

[!] Kaustantin Baruch arrives and brings a letter from the Office of the Palatine to the Lord Speaker's desk.

"To His Excellency, Lord Speaker Ruslan Baruch

I vote confidently and with peace of mind for Grand Maer Karl amador."