XXXI Session of the Royal Duma

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 384 SITTING

OF THE XXXI SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

yEgkuaeNGztvotRYzIDezBJHPp42OgHDZXMgV9kD2bYTwni9HmlPxpeKwVd5mujGakGsIQHi3tzTSR4ca-G2Z_u_eeKsicVQXf2GOlJkH7J_rcvnZZi-RdbZfnZiPtXxX-aNnmZ3

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 10th of Jula & Piov, 383 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondlume

Royal Alderman Tsescar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Vyronov

Alderman Amador

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting on the 9th of Tov and Yermey, 384 ES, the second session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. We've reached quorum. We shall now be discussing the Medical Privatization Act of 384 ES, written by Lord Andrik Jan Baruch. The chair calls upon Lord Baruch to give his opening remarks to  the chamber.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Mister Speaker, this recommends to the Crown that we dissolve the Surgeon general and sell off the hospital to end the sanoist bastion of poor public healthcare.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Isaak Amador: “This is preposterous!The Crown's Ottocare is the only reason that people are alive today!”

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker, I’d say to Lord Amador, the only thing preposterous is his moustache! This must be done!”

Isaak Amador: “I was attacked by a wild prince!”

Ruslan Baruch: “Remain cordial, Lord Baruch.”

Isaak Amador: “My mustache is the result of an assault on my person.”

Harren Ruthern: “I'd think the Amadors would be willing, and eager, to buy out the entire medical industry for themselves….”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “So, you want the hospital to become a business? Selling it will likely mean that they will make patients pay for their care in order to make their mina back. If you don't have money, you don't deserve to live, now, is it?”

Adrian Colborn: “Certainly an interesting proposition to say the least.”

Isaak Amador: “Our hearts may be in business and making money, but we are niet cruel!”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “Yes!”

Isaak Amador: “Ottocare has been a fundamental part of our Kingdom for centuries!”

Tatiana Kortrevich: “I don’t support Ottocare!” 

Isaak Amador: “Just think of how many people will die if they can not afford treatment!”

Robert Ludovar: “What about our injured soldiers? I broke two ribs. Two, by a raging Orc. It was a medal ceremony too! It wasn't supposed to be a violent day, but it happened!”

Karl Amador: “I love the idea! More money to the city, keeps our economy floating!”

Robert Ludovar: “I am blessed to be a noble with money, but what about the common soldier? How are they supposed to pay for expenses while also paying for their own taxes?”

Andrik Baruch: ”Mister Speaker, the price falls on the Crown and continues to drain our coffers while the Surgeon General is nowhere to be seen! We need private healthcare! We need more jobs, and we need to stop Draining the Crown's coffers on a hospital that we've had issues with in the past! We must end the problem, end the Sanoism, and privatize the medical field!”

Harren Ruthern: “Not to take sides here, but I do think that the Brotherhood of Saint Karl itself could operate a medical corps as an entity within itself, no? Thus allowing free treatments, as standard procedure, for soldiers still.”

Isaak Amador: “If the Surgeon General is absent, then replace her!”

Robert Ludovar: “The average soldier lives on a pay of 20 mina on average! That's barely enough to pay taxes, let alone medical expenses!”

Harren Ruthern: “I don't think Lord Ludovar is listening to me. This is a sad day, sister.”

Tatiana Kortrevich: “Who even is the Surgeon-General?!”

Robert Ludovar: “What if there aren’t medics around? Does the clinic still have to tax our brave soldiers who protect them?”

Andrik Baruch: “We go through Surgeon generals like Terrence May went through roasted turkeys, they are offering a nonsensical solution to a fixable problem, the simple solution is to privatize the medical field!”

[REDACTED BY THE ROYAL OFFICE OF INTELLIGENCE]

Viktoriya Tsescar: “I agree with these folk. I have to raise a family of twelve, pay taxes on a house to ensure we don't go homeless - god forbid I or one of them become ill! We'll be unable to sustain ourselves. Whoever buys it to turn the hospital into a business will try to make their mina back and create a situation where good hospital care costs the price of a down payment.”

Harren Ruthern: “And also privatise medicare while we're at it.”

Ruslan Baruch: Order! This bill is not in regards to the termination of the Surgeon General.

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker, mark my words! To continue to have public medical care will end up forcing the Crown to raise taxes! It is ridiculous to attempt to solve this growing problem with removing the do-nothing surgeon general with another do-nothin' Surgeon general! The solution is clear, make incentives for medics by allowing them to charge patients and make a profit, keep a medical corp for soldiers!”

Medical Privatization Act of 384 E.S.

By Andrik J. Baruch

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Herzen Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondlume

Royal Alderman Tsescar

Lord Palatine Colborn

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

The Medical Privatization Act has not passed through the Royal Duma.

Andrik Baruch: “Point of Order Mister Speaker.”

Harren var Ruthern: “These damn Sanoists, they're ruining the ******* economy.”

Karl Amador: “Free healthcare is ruining our economy!”

Andrik Baruch: “I'd like to congratulate the noble and alderman who voted no on preserving sanoism and draining our coffers, thank you for raising the tax on the people of Haense, which will inevitably happen because of them!”

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! Thank you, Lord Baruch. We shall now be discussing the Corruption Act of 384 E.S., written by Vikomit Issak Amador. The chair calls upon Vikomit Amador to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Isaak Amador: “The current law code only punishes one form of corruption: Bribery. This means that any other form of dishonest conduct can go unpunished due to this loophole. My bill aims to close that loophole by broadening the definition of corruption to account for other wrongful acts.That's all from me.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens for unmoderated debate.”

Harren var Ruthern: “What other acts, besides bribery, do you consider there to be within corruption?”

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker, I find this bill to be as useless as a bard on a moose hunt! Bribery is all we need! Any other form of corruption would already be considered treason to the Crown!”

Adrianna Barclay: “Can not hurt to have some clarification.”

Isaak Amador: “Bribery only accounts for money passing hands! There could be other things, such as the Speaker showing bias instead of remaining impartial, or a Jovenaar deciding the verdict of a trial before it occurs due to some other influence.”

Harren var Ruthern: “You can bribe people with other things than money, nie?”

Isaak Amador: “Yet people will abuse their power without being bribed. This law is to encompass all forms of abuse of power, niet just when people are paid to do so.”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “ I agree. I don't see the harm in passing this.”

Karl Amador: “Hear Hear!”

Robert Ludovar: “Da! Stomp out all government corruption!”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “A bit suspicious that folk want to deny a bill preventing bribery..”

Andrik Baruch: “Mister Speaker, if a Jovenaar broke the canons of' conduct, they'd be removed! This is useless and unnecessary legislation! It’s about as necessary as nipples on a man!”

Corruption Act of 384 E.S.

By Isaak Amador

AYE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Herzen Baruch

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

The Corruption Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing the Military Judgement Act of 384 ES, written by Lord Otto August Morovar. The chair calls upon Representative Morovar to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Otto Morovar: “This bill's pretty simple, it grants the Lord Marshal the explicit power to convict an accused of a middling offense a proper punishment. Assault is currently a middling offence, as it should be, if someone were to simply start a tavern fight the only possible ways for punishment to go through would be court or His Majesty. This makes the process shorter and if we can niet trust our Lord Marshal with handling middling offences we've got a bigger problem!”

Harren var Ruthern: “I don't trust my brother with this kind of power.”

Otto Morovar: “Also changes it so no grunt can convict someone of a minor offence, changes it to those Armsmen and above.”

Dame Viktoriya: “Seems reasonable. I trust our Lord Marshal vith handling that much.”

Harren var Ruthern: “Motion to vote!”

Military Judgement Act of 384 E.S.

By Otto A. Morovar

AYE

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

NAY

Herzen Baruch

Vikomit Amador

ABSTAIN

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

ABSENT

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

The Military Judgement Act has not passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing the Knoxville Trade Resolution Act o’ 384 ES, written by Grand Maer Karl Amador.”The chair calls upon the Grand Maer Karl Amador to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Karl Amador: “This resolution is to advise the Crown and the Aulic Government to formally set up a trade agreement with the Protectorate of Knoxville in order to stimulate the economy of both Haense and Knoxville. The  trade of commodities and food between each other shall serve to benefit both and supply both in times of need.” He went back into his seat and gave everyone a thumbs up!

Harren Ruthern: “Motion to vote.”

Knoxville Trade Resolution of 384 E.S.

By Karl Amador

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Knoxville Trade Resolution has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing the The Newspaper Incentive Advisory Act of 384 E.S., written by Royal Alderwoman Tsescar. The chair calls upon Royal Alderwoman Tsescar to give her opening remarks to the chamber.”

Viktoriya Tsescar: “This bill seeks to advise the Crown in the creation of Journalism Subsidies - in other words, the creation of an official news source.”

Harren Ruthern: “I motion to vote!”

Newspaper Incentive Advisory Resolution of 384 E.S.

By Viktoriya Tsescar

AYE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Komit Kortrevich

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderwoman Amador

The Corruption Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We are dismissed.” He tapped his gavel once on the bench.

Stefan Vyronov looks at the missive from his chair and sighs

I take one break and they try and privatize healthcare, Godan help this country”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 385 SITTING

yEgkuaeNGztvotRYzIDezBJHPp42OgHDZXMgV9kD2bYTwni9HmlPxpeKwVd5mujGakGsIQHi3tzTSR4ca-G2Z_u_eeKsicVQXf2GOlJkH7J_rcvnZZi-RdbZfnZiPtXxX-aNnmZ3

On this 6th of Tov and Yermey, 385 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Vyronov

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Royal Alderman Tsescar

Alderman Amador

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting of this 4th of Tov and Yermey, 385 E.S. session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. This chair shall now call the roll.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Quorum has been achieved, and the sitting shall now begin. We shall now be discussing the Wig Troll Act of 384 E.S, written by Lord Andrik Baruch. The chair calls upon Lord Baruch to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Well, Mister Speaker, my bill is simple, it’s a toll on wigs and those who wear them in the icty. I believe it would bring a considerable amount of revenue. And it would put wigs back in their places, lowest on the Haeseni social totem pole. That would be all.”

Ailred Ruthern: “If this is implemented it should be very well advertised from outside of the city to any who wish to come inside, no?”

Stefan Vyronov: “How much do you suggest for the toll? And would it be only when there is someone on guard duty?”

Isaak Amador: “Yes, you must give us specifics!”

Otto Morovar: “Money is very much on the up- High Seneschal Fionn is excellent.”

Karl Amador: “Yes, more money, more economic flow within our city. Wigs smell bad too!”

Andrik  Baruch: “Yes, it would only be taken when there was someone on guard duty. And as all bills are, they would be announced publicly through a missive that is if it is passed.”

Ailred Ruthern: “Perhaps even a sign outside of the gate would do as well.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Yes, on the notice board.”

Karl Amador: “Yes, I agree.”

Ailred Ruthern: “Less arguments for my guards that way.”

Adrian Colborn: “Wigs are Southern culture that need not be respected in this Northern Bastion.”

Ailred Ruthern: “Hear hear.”

Karl Amador: “I motion to vote!”

Ruslan Baruch: “Is there any debate against this bill?”

Robert Ludovar: “I second that motion! All wigs should be snatched and tolled! Snatched I say, snatched!”

Ruslan Baruch: “Motion passed, we shall move on to a vote.”

WIG TOLL ACT, 385 E.S.

By Andrik J. Baruch

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Vikomit Amador

ABSTAIN

Herzen Barclay

Bossir Vyronov

ABSENT

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

The Wig Toll Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing the Double Jeopardy Bill of 385 E.S, written by Count Jan Kortrevich. The chair calls upon Representative Kortrevich to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “The Haurul Caezk already has a variety of legal defenses that protect the subjects of Haense against legal prosecution. Though, Double Jeopardy remains absent! I call for the lords and representatives of the Duma to acknowledge it is unjust for individuals to be tried or convicted twice for the same crime. This bill, if passed and given Royal assent, will be a step forward towards a more fair Aulic Court system.”

Friedrich Barclay: “This has been brought before the Duma before, if someone is found innocent but new information has been brought to light then the Kingdom should be able to trial them.”

Karl Amador: “What a brilliant bill indeed!”

Isaak Amador: “This law is meant to protect! If the Crown can not punish the first time, then the people should not suffer for this! Otherwise, what is to stop the Crown from continuously prosecuting someone until a friendly judge finds them guilty?”

Stefan Vyronov: “If there is new evidence there should be the ability to try them again.”

Isaak Amador: “The Crown shouldn’t proceed to trial unless they feel there is enough evidence to convict them the first time around. To do otherwise is to waste the time of Jovenaars, jurists, and all others involved.”

Robert Ludovar: “Well if new undeniable evidence is shown, they should be able to be tried. New evidence could show up randomly, and good evidence at that.”

Stefan Vyronov: “Say if a murderer is brought up and found innocent, but clear evidence is given that they did it, you would have them walk free?”

Isaak Amador: “If the Crown failed to convict them the first time, then yes.”

Stefan Vyronov: “...Evidence found after the initial trial.”

Friedrich Barclay: “Yet how many trials have been rushed to? Majority of the time trials are only a small amount of time after an arrest, most criminals won't merely show up for a summons if you let them go.”

Isaak Amador: “Then that is another issue for another time, not pertaining to the one that this bill aims to fix. But to grant prosecutors the right to constantly take people to trial just because they failed the first time is not something that I would like to do.”

Andrik  Baruch: “If we fail to convict them the first time, and more evidence is found, we’ll just get justice the old fashion way, a mob, no need to bring in the courts again.”

Isaak Amador: “I motion to vote.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Motion denied.”

Stefan Vyronov: “I suggest an amendment that they are not allowed to be tried unless new evidence is found.”

Robert Ludovar: “and what about repeated offences? What if they were tried for muder, found not guilty, and then they kill someone the day after!”

Isaak Amador: “That’s a separate crime!”

Andrik  Baruch: “As I said, we’ll get justice the old fashion way, a good mob killing!”

Robert Ludovar: “So your saying murder is not killing someone?”

Isaak Amador: “What?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “You’ve got clogged ears, Lord Ludovar.”

Robert Ludovar: “You said that’s a separate crime.”

Isaak Amador: “Yes, it’s two murders, not one.”

Friedrich Barclay: “I would agree with the amendment, to avoid what Lord Baruch is suggesting.”

Andrik  Baruch: “There is nothing fairer than vigilante justice.”

Otto Morovar: “What if an accused brags and admits to committing a crime which they were found guilty on? Can they not have a second trial?”

Isaak Amador: “No. The Crown failed to convict, that is the issue of the Crown, not the individual.”

Robert Ludovar: “The Crown can convict anyways, the Crown is the originator of the law, and therefore is above it!”

Isaak Amador: “Except the Crown delegates the power to convict to the Jovenaars of the Aulic Court.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Representative Kortrevich, are you willing to make such an amendment?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “No, I do not accept the amendment, Lord Speaker.”

Friedrich Barclay: “If you don’t have the amendment, this bill won’t have my vote. As pointed out, someone after trial could admit to killing someone and you would not have them tried again.”

Stefan Vyronov: “Hear hear!”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I wasn’t expecting your vote, Lord Barclay. You’re a sanoist afterall.”

Friedrich Barclay: “A what?”

Isaak Amador: “A sanoist!”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Unclog your ears, like Lord Ludovar. Good Godani.”

Stefan Vyronov: “What does that mean?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! Please remain cordial, Presentative Kortrevich.”

Ailred Ruthern: “Motion to vote?”

Isaak Amador: “If the amendment is dead, Lord Speaker, then I motion to vote on the original bill.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I second the motion to vote.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion to vote is passed.”

DOUBLE JEOPARDY ACT, 385 E.S.

By Jan Kortrevich

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Herzen Barclay

Bossir Vyronov

ABSTAIN

Herzen Ruthern

Vikomit Ludovar

ABSENT

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

The Double Jeopardy bill has passed through the Royal Duma.

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Sanonism runs deep amongst the Haeseni lords and representatives who voted no or abstained!”

Andrik  Baruch: “Hear hear!”

Friedrich Barclay: “Is that not an outburst, Lord Speaker?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Representative Kortrevich, one more outburst and you’re out of here.”

Friedrich Barclay: “What happened to the last one more outburst?”

Ruslan Baruch: “That was directed towards Viscount Amador, Representative Barclay.”

Friedrich Barclay: “Understood then.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I’ll tie my tongue, Lord Speaker.”

Otto Morovar: “Ah! I like this second part actually. Lord Speaker, can my vote be changed to aye, my vote in abstention was a lapse of judgment. After looking at it, the second part is incredible!”

Ruslan Baruch: “Your vote has been changed, Representative Morovar. With that change of vote, this bill passes. We shall now be discussing the Affordable Care Bill of 385 E.S, written by Viscount Issak Amador. The chair calls upon Viscount Amador to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Isaak Amador: “Very simple, this is a version of the bill that the Baruch Representative presented at our last sitting. Instead of the entire hospital becoming privately owned, my bill is to advise the Crown to have patients pay for their own care. Not only will this help save the Crown money, but it will also allow for more business given this new demand. That’s all.”

Robert Ludovar: “What about the troops, the troops I say!”

Isaak Amador: “The troops get paid, do they not? Perhaps the hospital can offer a discounted price for soldiers.”

Karl Amador: “As the Knight Paramount, Protector of the Realm and part of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, this is a brilliant bill… to bring in revenue to our city.”

Robert Ludovar: “Our soldiers are already underpaid and most of the lesser paid enlisted men bear the weight of taxes! Are you telling me that they are to make little to no income/”

Isaak Amador: “The hospital is a mina sink, it is not making any money while spending plenty!”

Andrik  Baruch: “Lord Speaker, I support this bill, while it's not as overhauling as my superior bil was, it still is the striking blow against century old sanost policies that bankrupts our Kingdom and creates lazy, sanoist peons!”

Ailred Ruthern: “Hear hear, the old Royal Treasurer cut my soldier’s pay overnight by five to ten mina regarding all.”

Karl Amador: “I agree with my brother and Lord Baruch! Brilliant!”

Otto Morovar: “Knight Paramount- if one of your knights gets shot through the chest, do you realize this means they have to pay for their healthcare?

Karl Amador: “Well, it is our duty to also make our city prosper, Prince Otto!”

Otto Morovar: “Ser Karl, your job is to make sure the city’s protected, do you not care for the health or conditions of your men who protect this city? I thought you were better.”

Stefan Vyronov: “As the only doctor here can I just say, this bill and bill like it are stupid as can be. Also, you can not present this as a bill, it needs to be an advisory bill if I’m not mistaken. 

Isaak Amador: “Lord Speaker, it is time that our Kingdom moved beyond Sanoist policies that have held us back from our true potential.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Lord Speaker, the only thing stupid is the sanoist medics that get fat off the Kings [REDACTED] for treating mere bruises and scrapes most of the time!”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Uneducated scum.”

Robert Ludovar: “If you are going to start making our brave and loyal troops pay for both their body and mina, then I say the Brotherhood pay should be increased!”

Isaak Amador: “Yes, the Brotherhood pay should be increased!”

Robert Ludovar: “Increase Brotherhood pay!”

Ailred Ruthern: “Hear hear! I’ll vote aye on this bill, so long as my Brotherhood’s pay is increased.”

Stefan Vyronov: “What does Sanoist even mean? Anyone in support of this wants people to ******* die because they can’t afford healthcare.”

Isaak Amador: “Language! Mister Speaker, Lord Vyronov curses in the chamber!”

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! Viscount Amador, for the sake of debate, please explain to Baron Vyronov what the term ‘Sanoist’ means.”

Isaak Amador: “A Sanoist is one who believes that the government should own all property and own all business. Already there is no opportunity to own property if you’re not a noble. You want to live off the Crown’s funding, instead of working hard and paying for your own things, that is the definition of Sanoism.”

Stefan Vyronov: “Nobody here thinks like that. Also, I’m completely fine with swearing if it gets my point across to those who like to kill people.”

Friedrich Barclay: “Might I point out that medics will have much less want to actually work here considering there is a chance that they will not even be paid? Do we expect someone dying to pay over mina to sign a contract before being treated? Lord Amador, what guarantee does a medic have besides forcing a patient to sign a contract as they might be dying at pay?”

Isaak Amador: “The law! If one does not pay, it is the same as stealing! The same law that the Brotherhood of Saint Karl enforces and that ordinary civilians count on to protect them will protect the medics that serve this Kingdom!”

Friedrich Barclay: “No, how would that be theft under the law?”

Stefan Vyronov: “I can not tell you how many people have come into the clinic and need healthcare without having to worry about not being able to feed themself. These people are paying just through taxes alone.”

Ailred Ruthern: “Until the old Royal Treasurer’s work has been undone, justly affording my soldiers their just pay again, I’ll be voting nay on this.”

Karl Amador: “Aye, I agree with Lord Ailred’s motion on increasing the soldier’s pay if this were to be passed.”

Isaak Amador: “Then I will add an amendment to also suggest the increase of soldier's pay. Will this make you vote aye, Lord Marshal?”

Ailred Ruthern: “I want to see no suggestions but absolutes, at my soldiers first increase of pay for certain, then I’d vote aye.”

Isaak Amador: “This Duma has no power to force a pay increase. That power is yours and the rest of the Aulic Council.”

Ailred Ruthern: “I’ll see it done then.”

Robert Ludovar: “It does have the power to advise an increase! Perhaps to make a compromise here, how about you make all medics swear an oath to treat all patients, and then if the patient refuses to pay then that medic can sue them.”

Stefan Vyronov: “That’s not any better, Lord Ludovar.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Lord Speaker, privatization is the only thing that can save our Kingdom from an outrageous price by a mediocre Hospital that cremates anybody’s body that it wants and can refuse to treat anybody it does not like as well.”

Friedrich Barclay: “Might I motion to vote, it seems people have their minds made up.”

Ailred Ruthern: “I second the motion.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion to vote is passed.”

AFFORDABLE CARE ACT, 385 E.S.

By Issak Amador

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

NAY

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Ruthern

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Vyronov

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

ABSTAIN

N/A 

ABSENT

Royal Alderwoman Amador

Royal Alderwoman Tsescar

The Affordable Care Act has failed through the Royal Duma.

Stefan Vyronov: “That was one of the dumbest bills I’ve seen, it will actively kill people.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Remain cordial, Baron Vyronov.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “You’re as daft as your father, Lord Vyronov.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I will not kick out Representative Kortrevich, as you did ask for that, Baron Vyronov. Anyways, Duma is hereby dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 386 SITTING

On this 6th of Tov and Yermey, 386 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Grand Maer Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Royal Alderman Tsescar

Royal Alderman Amador

Bossir Vyronov

Ruslan Baruch: “Apologies for the lateness. If anyone here has a wife, you know how these women can get.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Quorum has been achieved, and the sitting shall now begin.”

Ruslan Baruch: “We did not have any bills submitted, so we will instead move on to Royal Inquisitor Amador.”

Isaak Amador: “My questions are for the Lord Palatine, to start.”

Isaak Amador: “Firstly, what does the Kingdom hope to gain with a victory in the war against Haelun'or? As an enlisted man myself, I would like to know what some of our soldiers will be dying for.”

Adrian Colborn: “Matters of war seems to be more suited towards the Lord Marshal, no? I believe in my own eyes we are showcasing the validity of our words. We are acting as we had said we would should Haelun'or not do as we asked. In some regards I would be glad if we could gain land but I fear the sky gods might stop such efforts.”

Isaak Amador: “So then what will be gained?”

Ruslan Baruch: “One moment, Lord Amador.”

[REDACTED BY THE ROYAL OFFICE OF INTELLIGENCE]

Ruslan Baruch: “Continue.”

Ailred Ruthern: “We've our Northern Honour to gain back, and that's what matters most!”

Isaak Amador: “Honor, of course, but what tangible rewards will this Kingdom gain?”

Ailred Ruthern: “The spoils of war, no doubt.”

Isaak Amador: “If the Palatine would answer, that'd be swell.”

Ailred Ruthern: “It's a matter pertaining to my Office, more so than his.”

Isaak Amador: “Is he not you boss? Does he not run the government as the second in command of all?”

Ailred Ruthern: “Niet my Office much, if at all.”

Isaak Amador: “So the Palatine has no say in how you run your office?”

Ailred Ruthern: “He's a say, but it's not needed.”

Adrian Colborn: “As the Marshal has stated and I have made clear, things can be gained. Though I fear the skygods have much to interfere in it. As for the matters of the army, I have full trust in the Lord Marshal and the soldiers he command.”

Isaak Amador: “Saying things 'can' be gained is not very reassuring, but let's move on.”

Adrian Colborn: “I've seen no reason so far to step over him in wrangling the army, it is well oiled.”

Adrian Colborn: “I told you our honour, validity of our words and land is all matters the war relates to. Are these matters not enough gain in your eyes?”

Isaak Amador: “Moving on. The Church recently decided through Ecumenical Council that they will begin an inquisition in search of Azdrazi. Will the Aulic government cooperate with the Church in this matter?”

Adrian Colborn: “On the matters of the church and the inquisition we are still speaking over the matter. Though I am personally of mind, as a canonist, that we should support the inquisition.”

Adrian Colborn: “Any other questions?” 

Isaak Amador: “Very good. Next question.”

Isaak Amador: “Ah yes, the Surgeon General. There were calls at the last Duma sitting to have her fired, since she's hardly been spotted recently.”

Adrian Colborn: “The Surgeon General has been fired as a few moments ago, I fear it not matters.”

Isaak Amador: “Good. Next question.”

Isaak Amador: “The Lord Marshal proposed at the last sitting that the pay of soldiers be increased. Has there been any discussion on this?”

Adrian Colborn: “I stand by what I had said last time that I support the increase in payment, so did the Treasurer. In relation to this I believe the Lord Marshal simply needs to speak to him, to decide the sum increase.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I'll allow the thoughts of the Lord Marshal for this topic, should he feel the need to share.”

Ailred Ruthern:  “I'd a quiet word with the Treasurer, I believe he's still gauging whatever was left over by the last Treasurer. So, hopefully, a pay increase should come soon. Or at least, to revert back to the old pay.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Lord Marshal, if I may, what do you mean by left over?”

Ailred Ruthern: “The last Treasurer did a few things in his final few years in his role, which slighted me-- the pay of my military and functionality, so I assume the current Treasurer's been dealing with that, amongst other things.”

Adrian Colborn: “I might add that the recent efforts of the stewardry lead by Fionn Castaway, our Seneschal, has given us much. With the increase in income we should be able to feed an increase in pay.” 

Isaak Amador: “That brings me to my next question. What is the state of Haense's finances?”

Isaak Amador: “We previously made 700 per year in taxes, what do we make now?”

Adrian Colborn: “As of recent the last report was 1650, though it is still being tabulated.”

Adrian Colborn: “I believe it might be closer to 1800 if all gains are included.”

Isaak Amador: “1800 Per week? This still seems low, no?”

Adrian Colborn: “Compared to the previous 700 it shows much needed improvement. Though the Treasurer and Seneschal are currently launching projects, which will increase it even further.”

Isaak Amador: “Ah yes, I was happy to see that the lottery I proposed came to fruition.”

Isaak Amador: “Now then, next question. What is the status of the hippodrome building project? It has been years since it was announced, and yet there's been nie word on it since.”

Adrian Colborn: “The resources are just about gathered and construction should begin this coming saint's week.”

Isaak Amador: “That'll be all.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Thank ye' fer' yer' insightful questions, Royal Inquisitor. Thank ye' fer' yer' informative answers, Lord Palatine.”

Adrian Colborn: “I would also like to thank all of those that have aided the Lord Marshal in funding the army, filling the army's armoury.” 

Karl Amador: “RAISE TAXES FOR THE WAR! MONEY FLOW AND ECONOMY GROWTH!” 

Ruslan Baruch:“Is there any man or woman in here that wishes to bring something forward? Do so now or forever hold your' tongue.”

Ruslan Baruch: “No? Very well. Before I let you all go, I will remind you' that' the elections for the 386th year start later today. Inform your families, inform your friends.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The future of Haense begins right' here, in this very Duma Hall. This sitting is dismissed.”