A New Path to Rænrland Settlements

DoNBTJGTUM4BNNk5H99YksYa8kKelg4z9tTIsd2b0zzKAOOVuzR9kgWAwUhmud9BWeg7cfqkaMieHrjgMMnLcf-UGGZEidvIFPCQb_NbqXH9N1hosWfEQ_Pz3OrJFcnCp6-OIzTb

ilMgpUgbBeoaspn187zsSKd5c42P7BmBetT4O-pHZ-f4RGCeaurEfMPQrUvn00aRAGAjK_al8SrUzc3adYv4g_CEk93kDin_AeA_Q2P-KmSvWM6BB5tKMKMI9PFvD93P2ZbtCXtq

A New Path to the Rænrland Settlements

Issued: the 10th of the Sun's Smile, Year 34 SA

Zeu8SPslqAD0sdx4dmQmce-VOxnT3ltXA0UxeMilhB-cgKhhSzdBu3A-d4tJ_7I1J58o7qFudA8rv0sRA_Aa1XUlooWmTEqjlIorNiWLtftFgeIwBf3Aw4r14w8lri3cjP6KhggP

I.    Rænrland Canal Project

By Kalvaroth Vallel’kor

It has been a tedious journey with this project. Many impressive feats of clever engineering and exemplary craftsmanship were made in these remote lands, with means of construction unseen in any shape or form being replicated elsewhere. With the untold manpower and collective determination of our local Norlandic labourers utilised in ways I have never seen, and dare say, may never be seen once more in my lifetime. Not to mention the bountiful amounts of support and funding I have received since announcing this project, It is all of this in mind that I, Kalvaroth Vallel’kor, am proud to announce triumphantly that the Rænrland Canal project is officially Completed.

w-2wCNHRR1jMlKnYfVcae5ngsLmofaWzODGUcCyPOuMzDs9NJYTDomUzNkn4l6FDtZ4_3xxdktgITWZgyvV7nxctGxk2CXP-1eeKrGPD4tt7sSYHiCO5vIEk5XMCtKOVd_rPBtZz

[!] A drawing of the Northern Lock door

If it were not for the efforts of certain people, the completion of this project would not be possible. There are many to thank, including the following: Vykk Volaren, the brilliant engineer, assisted me in the design phase of the canal and the one that made it feasible to construct in the first place. Eleonore O'Hara de Astrea, Chieftainess of Clan O’Hara, financially assisted in the project and permitted me to remain in her residence while I was hard at work constructing the canal. Newly-crowned King Vane Freysson assisted in the construction of the water banks to keep the river's edge safe from collapsing in a landslide. Grunkle Grimgold graciously donated a mighty sum of stone his clan had gathered while excavating their railroads in Urguan with quantities ranging in the thousands. Even people such as Tannon Svartvind spent a single afternoon digging out a portion of the canal for no other reason other than wanting to help. And lastly, our former King Sven Edvardsson, who supported the beginnings of this project, would be proud of what we have accomplished if he were alive.

XvCvUtbjARs84ePeR5y9cB6AC05udPn44r1vkmPiWjtiMc7Oc2rg1K7_fFkS_inyRhGHEPuO0EcSj7YrzbQvo-YnIMtm8_-CgkpjF12Rsjwb230ANVQphgzxExpJP1_bAmGm6kBt

[!] A drawing of Lock Canal from a hillside

And with this grand feat accomplished, we shall put to test our abilities and will as a nation. To push forth and claim the lands we have sought to settle for over two decades, to expand our great nation into a new chapter in history. Let us rejoice and join me, as I shall use this canal for the first time to sail into Lake Eada, and join in my conquest of the Rænrlands.

jU_OmUQaQ-Cfka8T9pCNDM59dvxNgumj3dyZzu_XT0WWa81WkMHwhB19M-ayChM4I2zEFRFgsR6t9DMSGR0L-P2M33TH4jKj31DkFgW0idSqG7W9o9Je8Qkl92ikICIVN7pWVwbo

[!] A drawing of the dug out waterway leading towards the Lock Canal

Zeu8SPslqAD0sdx4dmQmce-VOxnT3ltXA0UxeMilhB-cgKhhSzdBu3A-d4tJ_7I1J58o7qFudA8rv0sRA_Aa1XUlooWmTEqjlIorNiWLtftFgeIwBf3Aw4r14w8lri3cjP6KhggP

II.    The Ironguard Settlement

By Eleonore O'Hara de Astrea

GOTT93PjlP8COnRIcN6IVsgsEOVzFsNJI-ZgeDAAat7QuyP4jAOE9M6a_n4Lnf7vCrLagL2_HDcF-ZRfPE73Uf2Cc4If1DbyKyQSbdxNIga3y0NCJr-oyP7q7bGnJWNEEzssHXHH

[!] A drawing of the keep, Established Year 20 of the Second Age

Upon the release of The Rænrland Decree, Clan O’Hara sought to claim land south of their then current home in Elysium. They forged a collaborative partnership with House of Amaricius, seeking their willing help in properly designing and constructing the keep. The keep was ultimately completed 8 years later in Year 27 of the Second Age. It features a large dining hall, kitchen, bureaus for the notable leaders, a tavern, a stage, a private library, a vineyard, stables, and over 35 bedrooms to house clanmates, guests, friends, and family alike.

The keep lodges many active members of Clan O’Hara as well as their families. The keep also houses the Hussaria Mercenaries created by clanmate Swietoslawa ‘Isabella’ Wadzinksi O’Hara Reede de Astrea. The Hussaria primarily fight on horseback, and unlike other mercenaries, they diligently seek to aid those especially in need of their help, not to those with extreme money or power. They sincerely believe in justice and honor, two values highly regarded by Clan O’Hara. In addition to her leadership of the Hussaria, Isabella is responsible for a growing trade company.

King Sven offered his gracious support and generous kindness to his people both as a charismatic leader and loyal friend. His active support extended to those wishing to settle beyond here in the Rænrlands. In honor of Sven and his genuine kindness, the O’Haras wish for the Ironguard settlement to remain a welcoming place for all, and for it to unlock new doors for prosperity in the great Nation of Norland.

Published by,

Éléonore O'Hara de Astrea, Chamberlain of the Kingdom of Norland, Chieftainess of Clan O’Hara

Copy_of_Copy_of_Copy_of_Copy_of_Untitled_1.png

DoNBTJGTUM4BNNk5H99YksYa8kKelg4z9tTIsd2b0zzKAOOVuzR9kgWAwUhmud9BWeg7cfqkaMieHrjgMMnLcf-UGGZEidvIFPCQb_NbqXH9N1hosWfEQ_Pz3OrJFcnCp6-OIzTb

Spoiler

Leopard's OOC Credit:

SadBeanQueen for letting me stay in her keep

Mason for approval and initial support [That and giving me perms]

MrIronThing for excavation

Prof for construction

& Hrokaz for giving me an inventory’s worth of cobblestone which went on to supply 75% of the stone/cobblestone/stone brick supplies (it took a lot of it to complete)

Spoiler

Bean’s OOC Credits:

Nothingbutdebrie

Wowsirs

Disklexia

ImStuckInHell

MrFunFunTypeMan

Suicidium

PerfectLilLady

YouknowwhoIam

Mason

RoyalSheep