[✓] Alchemy - Hunter's Alchemy

CombatRolePlay

Potions not listed under the restricted section are all considered public knowledge and is usable by anyone with the alchemy feat.

TTY.png

Lore:

Spoiler

Over the years, the hunters lounge has perfected the ways of the hunt. From niche gadgets made for specific creatures to months worth of planning just to take on a single target.

The lounge has prided itself in their ability to adapt to any situation and make the best out of it.
Hunter's alchemy is merely another application of their adaptability as they manage to create potions to further help them in their hunts.

Due to the philosophy of shared knowledge used by the lounge, each recipe (except for the most dangerous) are made public knowledge, going so far as to send copies of these recipes to libraries all across the continent.

OOC:

Spoiler

Hunter's alchemy's main purpose is to add onto the recently released ecosystem lore and give players more options when harvesting their prize from an event and create useful items that aren't necessarily meant for combat purposes. 

My thought process was that since many of the potion requirements are from DIY creatures, it could be easier for players (specifically those that do player events) to interact with the story team so that they may create story lines that will eventually lead to an Actual ST event and not solely rely on the occasional ST ran hunt.

TTY.png

Warmth Potion

Spoiler

Name of Potion:

Warmth Potion (Mundane)

Brief Description: 

Often used by Hunters of the lounge to warm their bodies to continue their hunt even in the coldest of blizzards.

Upon consumption the user's body emits heat enough to keep them comfortably warm in the frozen tundra of the north. This effect lasts for one (1) IRP hour.

Recipe:

Vigor x2

Endurance x2

Heat x2

Creation:

-Simply mix all symbols (in powdered form) with water in a 1:2 ratio, mix until homogeneous.

-Resulting potion is a clear liquid with a strong bitter taste and no particular odor.

Effects:

Keeps the user warm in climates such as a blizzard for one (1) IRP hour.
The use of this potion in warmer climates (such as the desert) may cause the user to undergo heatstroke.

Users must wait one (1) IRP hour to let their body cool back down to their natural temperature, before drinking another warmth potion. Drinking it before this cooldown time will render the potion useless.

The potion does not stop frost from forming around the users body, and cannot stop any physical damage received due to extreme cold like hypothermia and or magics that cause the same effect. 

Redlines:

-Does NOT need ST signing.

-Requires T2 Alchemy.

-Effects do not stack, drinking another potion whilst under the effect of another warmth potion does not add onto its duration.

-The potion does not stop frost from forming around the body or give resistance to hypothermia/any spells that cause the same effect., only stopping the user from feeling cold.

Mermaid Skin Potion

Spoiler

Name of Potion:

Mermaid Skin Potion (Mundane)

Brief Description: 

Used to soak clothes in. This gives the treated clothing the ability to stay dry even after standing in the rain or swimming in a lake for one (1) IRP day. This also gives the treated clothing a blue-ish tint.

Recipe: 

Balance (x4)

Purity (x4)

Creation:

-Simply mix all symbols (in powdered form) with water in a 1:2 ratio, mix until homogeneous.

-The resulting potion is a deep blue and has no particular scent.

Effects:

Treated clothes will stay dry regardless of how long it was soaked in water. This effect lasts for one (1) IRP day and gives the clothes a blueish tint.

Redlines:

-Each potion is enough for only one article of clothing.

-Does NOT require ST signing

-This does not give the treated clothing any added effect
-Only works on Cloth or Silk.

-Requires T2 Alchemy

TTY.png

Bottled Charm

Spoiler

Name of Potion: 

Bottled Charm

Brief Description:

A potion mainly used as bait by hunters, by mixing a creature's excrement (Urine and blood also works) it creates an alluring scent that will attract most unintelligent creatures towards it.

Recipe:

Kelpie’s Liver x1 

Peace x2

Strength x2

Life x3

Creation:

-The kelpie’s liver must be dried and ground into powder along with all symbols.

-Mix the powdered liver along with one (1) portion of the life symbol into a small bowl, mix gently with water, around double the amount of the powdered mixture. Mix for five (5) minutes.

-In a larger bowl, mix the resulting liquid from step two with one portion of all three symbols along with equal parts water. Stir for five (5) minutes.

-Repeat the previous step and stir for another five minutes.

-The resulting liquid must be clear and have no odor, creating enough for three (3) single use vials.

Effects:

The base potion , once mixed with a creature's excrement (Urine, feces, or blood)  will attract said species towards the scent created by the mixture.

The potion lasts for an IRP hour before turning ineffective.

Redlines:

-does NOT work on descendants under any circumstances (Don't even try it..)

-Does NOT require to be ST signed

-Each batch creates (x3) single use vials

-Requires T3 Alchemy

Gelatinous Salve 

Spoiler

Name of Potion:

Gelatinous Salve

Brief Description: 

Often used by hunters to quickly seal up small cracks on walls, the jelly-like salve quickly hardens upon contact with mild heat, forming an airtight seal. 

Recipe:

Arazi Lotus Tongue x1

Jailors Moss x1

Connection x3

Rigidity x2

Slowness x2

Creation:

-All symbols must be ground into separate powders

-Using a sanitized mortar and pestle grind the jailors moss into paste

-On a separate bowl, mix in one portion of the connection symbol and the Arazi Lotus Tongue, stirring gently for around ten (10) minutes or until homogenous.

-On a second bowl, mix two portions of connection, rigidity, and slowness symbols along with equal parts water, gently stirring it for another ten (10) minutes.

-Mix the Tongue from step three with the mixture from step four into a new sanitized bowl, stir it gently for five (5) minutes.

-Add in the jailors moss paste with the mixture

-Stir gently for twenty (20) minutes or until the consistency of a thick salve/gel 

-The resulting potion will be a thick, white salve like mixture.

Effects:

On contact with either salt or fire, the salve quickly hardens into a material similar to stone, useful for patching up cracks or creating water tight seals. The original color of the salve is a dark murky green, once hardened its closer to a greyish moss like color.

The salve cannot be applied onto soft, malleable surfaces such as clothing or skin, the hardened mixture will simply crumble off upon all attempts.

Redlines:

-Potion does NOT require ST signing

-The hardened salve cannot stick to clothing/skin and simply crumbles off

-The hardened Salve is meant to fill in gaps, it cannot form an entire stone wall made of hardened salve.

-Each batch creates three (3) single use vials.

-Requires T2 Feat alchemy

Amberguard Elixir

Spoiler

Name of Potion:

Amberguard Elixir

Brief Description:
Meant as an emergency potion, The Amberguard Elixir gives the user temporary armor made of amber like chitin that can block a single blow from hurting its user.

Recipe:

Tarraskan Beetle Chitin (1 chunk)

Strength x3

Growth x2

Agility x2

Balance x2

Creation:

-Grind the Tarraskan Beetle Chitin to dust

-Place all powders (except Balance)  into a bowl and stir gently until homogeneous

-Move the resulting mixture into a larger bowl and mix with room temperature water until the consistency of paste.

-Mix in the two (2) portions of powdered Balance Symbols along with boiling water. Stir gently for around fifteen (15) minutes.

-The resulting potion will be a amber like in color with no particular odor

Effects:

Upon consumption, the elixir initiates a remarkable transformation within one’s body. Over the course of a minute (1 Emote), a warm, amber-colored sap-like liquid begins to seep from the drinker's pores. This liquid quickly spreads across the torso, solidifying into a chitinous armor.

The armor covers the drinker's upper body, forming a natural carapace that extends over the chest and back. This armor carries a mesmerizing, translucent amber hue. It is astonishingly lightweight, allowing the wearer to maintain their agility and freedom of movement while benefiting from its protection.

The chitinous armor, while appearing delicate, possesses exceptional strength. It can withstand one full-strength blow from a regular human, dissipating the force and distributing it harmlessly across the surface of the armor, causing it to crumble away after receiving one attack. This protection can prove invaluable in critical moments, offering a precious shield against physical threats.

The chitinous armor remains active for the duration of the combat encounter, after which it crumbles away from the user's torso and into dust.

Drinking another elixir within a 24 hour period will have no effect and will cause the user to experience the sensation of the flesh on their torso being torched by flames for an hour or so.

It is also important to note that attempting to use this potion with armor causes the growth process to fail to solidify. The chitin also cracks and is destroyed when one attempts to wear armor over it after solidifying.

Redlines:

-The potion must be ET signed.
- The potion effect fails the moment the user wears layers thicker than simple cotton clothing. In other words, no armor stacking.
- The amber chitin can only take damage equivalent to one full force blow from an average descendant before it crumbles away.
-The force is distributed across the amber armor properly and will stop the user from taking damage from said attack.
-Using more than one (1) Amber guard Elixir per IRP day will not only waste the potion but also cause the user to experience the sensation of burning flesh across their entire torso for around a narrative hour.
-Requires T3 Alchemy and requires teaching ICly, considered Uncommon.

Hunter's Venom

Spoiler

Name of Potion:

Hunters Venom 

Brief Description: 

A poison commonly used by the members of the Hunters Lounge for higher difficulty hunts, applied onto arrow heads to slow down larger enemies, and even straight up killing smaller creatures with a small dose.

Recipe:

Black Ooze Slime (1 bottle)
Lurker Venom (1 bottle)

Weakness x4

Agility x2

Death x2

Blindness x2

Fear x2

Creation:

-Into a large aurum bowl gently mix both portions of the Agility symbols along with equal parts water, stir for around ten (10) minutes.
-Mix in one portion of the weakness symbol with equal parts water and stir for 5 minutes
-Add in both portions of the Death symbol along with half of the Black ooze Slime and Lurker Venom. Must wear proper equipment as to not inhale the toxic fumes coming from the mixture.
-Mix in one portion of the weakness symbol with equal parts water and stir for another 5 minutes
-Add in both portions of the blindness symbols with equal parts water, stir gently for another   ten (10 )minutes.
-Finally add in both portions of the Fear symbol along with the rest of the Black ooze Slime and Lurker Venom. Stir the concoction for at least ten (10) minutes
-Distill the mixture, the distilled liquid is your poison.
-The resulting potion will be a dark murky green in color, the fumes alone may cause irritation when inhaled.

Effects:

If applied to a blade or arrowhead, injuries caused by said items would cause its target creature (non descendants) to first feel nauseous, the venom acts fast and causes the creature along with its nausea to start vomiting. After around five minutes the affected area begins rotting, meat and flesh would start to rapidly melt into a soup like substance that releases a smell akin to a rotting corpse. 

The venom quickly seeps into the target's body and causes damage to the nerves, causing a temporary paralysis that would last for a day.

While paralyzed the previously mentioned wound would grow in size for another thirty minutes , for larger elephant sized beings it would be enough to melt away a tenth of their entire mass.

Smaller creatures closer to the size of descendants could have nearly one thirds (⅓) of their mass melted away into soup.

Any attempt to use this venom on a descendant will render the venom useless.

Redlines:

-The potion must be ET signed

-The potion is only enough for at most 10 regular arrow heads, or three uses on a sword.

-It CANNOT affect descendants / CA races under any circumstances. 

-The potion reeks like a corpse, a clear indication when mixing with consumables like food and drinks.

-Requires T3 Alchemy and requires teaching ICly, considered Uncommon.

Spoiler

Old art used in post, now defunct given rarity-removal.

TTY.png

Change Log:

Spoiler

15/02/2024:
Gelantinous Salve - [Ingredients changed from Horror Jelly to Arazi Lotus Tongue
Wyvern's Protection changed into Amberguard Elixir - Ingredients + Effects updated
Hunter's Venom ingredients changed to reflect Aevosian Beastiary

While quite interesting, I do wonder how you wanna make the Harpies Message work mechanically. Seeing it should reach 100 blocks but of course we are limited to 50 with shout. 

I think it's a nice lore piece that, if treated properly, could certainly be a useful addition. I think the formatting is great, and I appreciate how easy it is to navigate. However, there are some slight issues with it (if I know right) that affect every non-mundane potion.

This lore hinges on the idea of hunting, and the items you gain from hunts, but you're using exclusively DIY-event creatures, all of which mentioned here don't need ST-signing, as explicitly stated in the sources. Due to the constant mentioning of required ST signing of DIY event resources, it partially negates the point of not needing an ST in such events. Along with this, I'm uncertain about how effective 'Harpies Message' is in practice, it seems rather abusable in who one chooses to message (for those outside the shout range) and, unless in a scattered hunt, likely has less use than you think. 

I think this lore piece would be fun, and provides the player base with hunting eccentricities, aside from that which I mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, GodEatingCommie said:

-snip-

My thought process was that since many of the potion requirements are from DIY creatures, it could be easier for players (specifically those that do player events) to interact with the story team so that they may create story lines that will eventually lead to an Actual ST event and not solely rely on the occasional ST ran hunt.

But your points are very valid and was the main issue I had to think about when writing .

14 minutes ago, NLThomas said:

-snip-

Regarding the harpies message, Im up for some suggestions to be honest. Perhaps if I add a redline in which the voice only goes towards one direction, wherein sending a MSG to a player not in the specified direction can be grounds for Meta and Powergaming?

I haven't taken the time to fully read through each potion's abilities, though I really appreciate the effort you've put in. The concept of using event items is also interesting, though might be unorthodox and impractical as seen with the nature of certain necromantic rituals.

I think these are swaggy but it seems like an arduous and very specific task getting those ST signed items. Plus i would suggest removing/fixing the harpies message because i think staff would be iffy on things that surpass one's mechanical limitations.

The 'Harpies message' has been rewritten. Need opinions

49 minutes ago, Screecher said:

-

3 hours ago, GodEatingCommie said:

-

4 hours ago, NLThomas said:

-

10 minutes ago, B3ast_mod said:

The 'Harpies message' has been rewritten. Need opinions 

I think it's a fine change that provides it with use. It seems to partially divulge from the idea of 'Hunting', but I can see it having niche use. Might be best to specify that they msg the person they're trying to whisper to from afar (if that's how you believe it should happen).

1 hour ago, GodEatingCommie said:

snip

Done. It's also possible to use this in hunts where you need to communicate but not make too much noise. Most of the potions are pretty niche, and its pretty much meant to be like that.

just makes more RP sense that these potions are for very specific use, probably developed because there was a need for that specific effect.

Neat! I really like the custom titles! But;

A lot of these items, if these creatures are used in events, won't be ST signed because they're mundane creatures as their redlines state.

Perhaps change them/at least, make some that aren't requiring the ST signed items.

12 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Neat! I really like the custom titles! But;

A lot of these items, if these creatures are used in events, won't be ST signed because they're mundane creatures as their redlines state.

Perhaps change them/at least, make some that aren't requiring the ST signed items.

As mentioned before, the main intention was for players who do player events to build up an event line where eventually at the end, an actual ST member will provide an event. 
But yes I will be asking ST if some of these potions can be changed into non ST signed recipes, or weaker variants could be made.

I find this super cool. I enjoy the idea of using parts of beasts and monsters you hunt and incorporating their parts into weapons, armour, and hopefully now alchemical potions. It'll add just a bit more to the world of LOTC, and I think that's something we all ask for. 

More to do, more to see, more to learn, and ultimately; More to be.

+1

Iconic +10