A Denouncment of the Bloodthirst Kingdom - Norland

Pakkleaf

"Me and my homies hate Norland!" said Gawain Nria

Reads the missive, deciding to pen a letter to a certain Duke

*reads in shock and rushes forth to the keep to show the others of this. Seemingly many emotions run through her brain as she wasn't expecting this*

“War is on the horizon,” a certain mercenary remarked from her bedridden state. “The Rustlers are prepared to defend the good men of Elysium,” she promptly affirmed, before suffering a coughing fit. 

2.png

Aylin de Astrea paced in the Skanarri cell she was being held in, trying to keep the warmth flowing through her body. No matter how many years the Badawi had spent in the north, the cold had never been her ally, so she walked in circles, like a caged predator. 

"Looks like trouble's brewin' back home, lass," the man tasked with guarding her chuckled darkly as he pushed a crumpled piece of paper through the bars and let it fall into the mud. "Aye, it looks like the southerners cannae even keep their own people from dissatisfaction, eh? D'ye see why the North belongs to us now?" Aylin, having practiced calm throughout her capture, held her head high as she walked over, picked up the now-sodden sheet and read Inui's letter. 

The guards looked back at the sharp intake of breath from behind them, hands on their weapons as she shook her head and turning to lean against the bars.
Inui...what have you done...? 

"I need to speak with Chief Grejon," she said, glancing up at the guards that still watched her for any trouble, "immediately."

A certain chieftain of the Skanarri tribes began to slowly laugh as he was passed the letter by his warriors. His laughter boomed throughout the Skanarri outpost for quite some time before he was able to resolve himself and take a deep breath. No words were spoken from the man right away, but it was clear that this letter brought to light many new things that the chieftain sought to use.

From a distant mountaintop, a solemn observer watched over both Elysium and the Norlandic capital. Holding a copy of the letter in one hand, the figure turned to her companions. "The men of these lands seek conflict," The woman told the scouts behind her, crumpling the letter in her hands. "It seems the villagefolk, like the tribal neighbors, wish for battle with the king's men." She explained, pointing with a gauntleted hand towards each township as she spoke of them. "This land is ripe for the harvest. The Lord will be most pleased." The warrior concluded as she turned to look once more over the lands of Norland, the large, pointed horns adorning her helmet casting a long shadow as the sun rose over the mountains' peaks.

Edric rips down the poster and turns to address the people gathered nearby.

"This Inui is a liar and a traitor, who undermined the efforts of Norland against the tyrannical Imperials in the war, pretending to be a citizen while in truth she was an Orenian spy and sabotuer. Those same Orenians who cut off her limbs, and she continued to serve like a faithful dog." He rips the portrait of Inui from the poster. "I shall use this for a wanted poster later."

"Any who take a shred of notice of this bundle of lies, misinformation, and Orenian propaganda, do themselves a disservice. Allow me to dismember just a few of them." He clears his throat, and then begins to list off but a few of the fabrications within the 'denouncment'.

"Peace efforts before the war were ignored and refused by the Imperials. The leaders and clans of Elysium were all in favour of the war bar one. Elysium was given overwhelming aid in the war by the Northguard and by the King's Council. All citizens of Norland are expected to fight in defence of the realm, Inui was not some special case. Pregnancy does not give immunity from punishment for crime, it only affects the severity - as a spy, Inui was to be arrested and removed from Norland, things only became troublesome when they resisted arrest. Banishment is not negotiable - by stepping foot into Norland, you are breaking your banishment and will be punished for doing so. Atronach limbs are voidal magic and are illegal in Norland along with all voidal magics, again Inui is not some special case for this. The Rangers have been stripped of their right to enforce the law because they have repeatedly not enforced the law and enabled others to break it. They have been offered the chance to swear oaths of loyalty to Norland in accordance with our new laws in order to retain their law enforcement rights."

"I could go on about the lies, propaganda, and nonsense that comprise this droning attempt to discredit Norland, but I fear it will become verbose." Edric throws the remainder of the poster into the mud.

"Though I do like this new title, 'The Bloodthirst Kingdom'. Intimidating." He notes, before returning to his duties.

Edited by Sham404

Aylin Vanari sighed deeply as she read over Inui's writing, recalling each event. A noise of frustration escaped her at the mention of banishment and astronach limbs. "Varhelm claims we should know everything when they don't even send out announcements of banishment or lists of banned items. What are we meant to do? Read their minds? I fear they simply claim whatever they wish and intend to use that against anyone they dislike." She pulls one of the posters, taking it to show the other Vanaris, knowing this would be used against them. "Hell, Inui is no longer an Orenian as they claimed her to be, they're going to start a war with their careless claims and statements." She grumbles under her breath, "How  far will Norland fall before realizing their error? Perhaps I should just retire" She moves swiftly towards the estate, a cold look in her eye.

Orin Velenest stared at the note, tearing it from the wall and shaking with anger. "I gave her the chance to leave yet now she hides in Elysium against the law... holding those limbs of voidal decent she has lost her chance of peace. He threw the letter to the ground marching towards the hearth temple to pen a letter of his own. No more shall I stand against this injustice to the faith, it is time to call a rally of the Purifiers and send a message she shall not soon forget."

55 minutes ago, Beelzemier said:

-snip-

Dramyr had seen the woman comment as he walked by the grouping, and on seeing her cold eyes, decided not to interact in person. A headache was not in his best interest at the moment, but on reading another poster down the road a headache is what he got.

Later in the day, Dramyr laid down a copy of the Norlandic Code of Law outside of Aylins door with a note attached to it. There was a knock, and with that, he had left to finish some other errands.

Spoiler

The note read as follows: "The amount of banned items that make their way into Norland are so few there scarcely needs to be a large list and instead the law acts as a sweeping notion. Nothing is automatically accepted. In this law document, The one everyone has abided by for decades, it clearly states that anything arcane is illegal without explicit permission from Keepers for use. The only permissible variants of arcane arts are Chi, Paladanism, Druidism, Shamanism, and the reamended Housemagery. The High Keeper, Myself, must be made aware when it comes to the matter of objects and artifacts, whether it comes into the realm or if one wishes to hold ownership over such an object. If a list of those owning these objects were made public it could pose a threat to the owners of such items by those greedy, thus I have not made it public, but on this new situation perhaps I have to rethink my decision. Perhaps I will now distribute papers for individual use. As for banishment, I have yet to banish anyone and am myself was not made aware of Inuis banishment, as I leave for pilgrimage too often to catch wind of it. In her case I have little knowledge of her, spare being present during the parley and in her new brazen attempt to undermine Norland I personally despise her omission that the vote to go to war by the Chieftains of all of Norland and its vassals was Seven to One, only opposed by the Nria clan, and if I were a chieftain itd have been Six to Two, my word as but a mere Keeper at the time held too little sway to change minds in the last defining moments. The De Astreas were one such clan who voted in favor of the war. In any case, it was not some monarchal Tyranny that made the final decision to go to war, but the collective of Norland's vassals, the Capital, and their leaders. And, with these posters Inui has admitted to breaking laws several times and I can clearly see why such a banishment would have been put in place. A diplomat who doesn't read the law is a very strange thing and surely she must be aware by now that diplomatic immunity is not such a thing in Norland without prior invitation. I will see that a proper banishment list is made, lest it already be hidden in some corner, then it will be thrust back into the light. This fuss has already grown too large. If there is some other conflict do send me a letter. Allfather guide you." - High Keeper Dramyr Edvardsson

4 hours ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

“War is on the horizon,” a certain mercenary remarked from her bedridden state. “The Rustler are prepared to defend the good men of Elysium,” she promptly affirmed, before suffering a coughing fit. 

"The men of Elysium will turn their last foot of arable land into walls, and then they will starve to death," moans a deliriant fellow patient at the Mother Juli'el Charity Hospital, tossing in his sickbed. "When the time comes, there will be no need for warfare." 

30 minutes ago, Knightie said:

Later in the day, Dramyr laid down a copy of the Norlandic Code of Law outside of Aylins door with a note attached to it. There was a knock, and with that, he had left to finish some other errands.

Reveal hidden contents

The note read as follows: "The amount of banned items that make their way into Norland are so few there scarcely needs to be a large list and instead the law acts as a sweeping notion. Nothing is automatically accepted. In this law document, The one everyone has abided by for decades, it clearly states that anything arcane is illegal without explicit permission from Keepers for use. The only permissible variants of arcane arts are Chi, Paladanism, Druidism, Shamanism, and the reamended Housemagery. The High Keeper, Myself, must be made aware when it comes to the matter of objects and artifacts, whether it comes into the realm or if one wishes to hold ownership over such an object. If a list of those owning these objects were made public it could pose a threat to the owners of such items by those greedy, thus I have not made it public, but on this new situation perhaps I have to rethink my decision. Perhaps I will now distribute papers for individual use. As for banishment, I have yet to banish anyone and am myself was not made aware of Inuis banishment, as I leave for pilgrimage too often to catch wind of it. In her case I have little knowledge of her, spare being present during the parley and in her new brazen attempt to undermine Norland I personally despise her omission that the vote to go to war by the Chieftains of all of Norland and its vassals was Seven to One, only opposed by the Nria clan, and if I were a chieftain itd have been Six to Two, my word as but a mere Keeper at the time held too little sway to change minds in the last defining moments. The De Astreas were one such clan who voted in favor of the war. In any case, it was not some monarchal Tyranny that made the final decision to go to war, but the collective of Norland's vassals, the Capital, and their leaders. And, with these posters Inui has admitted to breaking laws several times and I can clearly see why such a banishment would have been put in place. A diplomat who doesn't read the law is a very strange thing and surely she must be aware by now that diplomatic immunity is not such a thing in Norland without prior invitation. I will see that a proper banishment list is made, lest it already be hidden in some corner, then it will be thrust back into the light. This fuss has already grown too large. If there is some other conflict do send me a letter. Allfather guide you." - High Keeper Dramyr Edvardsson

Aylin Vanari opened the door, looking round before leaning do to pick up the note and tome. Moving inside to the privacy of her own roon, she then read over the note, absorbing the information. she chuckled wryly as she compared the note and the laws "Key point being that the guards should have access to the list of items." She sighs "At least someone high up takes notice of qualms, can't fault Dramyr for that" She places the note and tome of laws away in a safe spot for reference in the future before moving to continue her chores on the estate.

Edited by Beelzemier

"It seems you and I have different recollections of the events during the Norlandic War, miss Inui R'ikarth. The picture you paint of Oren as the 'benevolent' state is lost on me, when their soldiers brag about how they will murder innocent babes and mothers, aswell as directly threatening to harm my cousin, the Matriarch of the Indoren for having an address in Varhelm at the time of the war." Ruathar shook his head. "As a father myself I could not imagine a greater evil than that, and such the common soldier in the Orenian army should be held to a higher accountability, leading Oren toward the greatness that you claim it should be."