A Denouncment of the Bloodthirst Kingdom - Norland

Pakkleaf

As Alona walks into the private estate after she is done reading the missive, she would look out to the city of Elysium and take a deep breath and sit on the docks. “Inui, what a brave and well spoken girl. A kind heart too." Alona looks up at her child Sofiele as she plays with the other Vanari children, Ellathor and Ellania, amongst the wheat fields. "She even knew that I had a little one on the way and had help me so much" She would say with a smile  "Even with the smallest acts, she only has great intentions. Not to say it is on the  similar scale to her wanting to bring an early peaceful end to the war, but that it speaks highly of her character. Only wanting good for the place that had sheltered many people, such as myself along with my husband, with open minds and hearts. It is indeed a shame that she were treated like this.” She would pause as a frown fall over her face thinking of the current ranger oath issue Actually, how they are treating all of us really. All the things the rangers have done, how much has fallen upon not only us but the Elysian people. Yet they attempt to strip us of our pride. And even dare to disrespect us  as if we do nothing” She would take off her ranger helm and admire it. “The Duke and Duchess has supplied so much for their people. The Headrangers have provided my husband and I a home. I felt a stronger connection and sense of family rather than my own family. And what has Norland done but besides let us lay on their land and be shields to absorb such attacks." She begins to tear a little as she recalls the events of the Elysium Massacre and countless raids she has partook in defending in. “Now they expect us to take an oath blindly to be consider one of them after all we have done! And if not we have to wait around for them to protect US? Yet we are always the one that have come to their aid!” She would throw her helm into the sand out of anger. She takes in a deep breath to keep calm as she looks at her ranger helm. She would bend down to dust it off as she turns to head back inside. “Norland needs to be better than this, if not for their very own people at least for the future. I hope they soon recognize all the damage they have caused.” 

Edited by MokoMochi

"So..." Petrovich looked at the usual suspects at his table, Roko and Morado, sliding a missive towards them. "Is this just... propaganda?" He said as took a drink from his glass filled with liquor. Leaning forwards he then spoke again. "If this isn't, we going to do anything about it?"
@KindOfToast @mosscowi

Edited by chacmul

"Hmm...Norland."  

Nym softly taps her chin after hearing all the buzz about Inuis' thoughts.  She thought for a bit more before a large grin grew on her face. She wondered how Norlands' Marshal was feeling after facing her teeth. Hopefully he was enjoying his lack of an ear! 

"They aren't an issue. I can handle them."

8 hours ago, Sunflower said:

Walks into the keep upon finishing reading the missive, seeing her clan sprawled about the bar a smile graces her features as she walks over slamming the missive onto the counter. “I want all of you to read this.” she says as she slides onto a nearby stool. “I knew Inui when she first came to Norland and then the war started. I will admit we blindly followed Norland into battle and ignored the elves' plea for diplomacy. Maybe if Norland listened it would have spared countless lives and a lot of coin.”A light laugh escapes her as she looks to her clanmates, who were clearly as upset as she was”I can’t begin to comprehend why they insisted on calling her a voidal monster, I had to explain over and over again that her legs were for her to function. I stood their sword drawn, protecting her, as the angered dwarf attacked. Who knew he would be named marshal of Norland shortly after.” The head Ranger keeps her eyes focused on her clanmates before looking back down to the table as she continues talking. “ Now Norland takes away the ability for the Rangers to enforce the law. They promote me only strip me of my titles and arrest me for insubordination. Only minutes prior to being made Warden, surrounding me with about six men all ready to attack. I said three words aloud that whole meeting.” she abruptly stands and begins walking around as she speaks .”We now have to wait for the Northguard to respond if there is trouble within our walls. The walls we put up to defend the Elysium citizens from raids, and massacres alike.” The elfess dips her head taking a moment to remember those lost in the Elysium massacre. “We can only hope that Norland sees the error of their ways.” And with that she goes to stand next to Sinsio. Now, who wants to train!”

Aech Amberace- Solros cheers in response to her leader, both ranger and Solros. A new day, and a new dawn. One where my family can live free, free of chains and injustice. "To our Leaders! Who will lead us to victory, or a honorable end!" He cries, a drink lifted in a toast. And to collecting more kneecaps. Elysium will be the Paradise of Almaris, the Utopia of the earth! And I'm just proud to be here when it happens. "To Sinsio! And..." She smiles, looking up at Liluth will all the admiration in the world. "To Liluth." My hero.

Amethyst let's out a soft tired sigh, having just finished tucking her son and daughter in for the night. She looks out the window of her daughter Ellania's room "Inui has been a close friend since the beginning of the Oren war that ended years ago. She is a woman that both my child grew up to know. She always asks about myself and Lunah and the children. Not just mine, but all of the children in the clan." She rubs her forehead, stepping out of her child's room, going downstairs to the room she shared with her wife. Sitting on the bed next to her sleeping partner. "Inui...your such a strong woman...please be safe out there. I hope to see you again, so that your children may get to know mine." With those words she lays down for the night tired. Drifting in to a calm peaceful sleep.

"A familiar feeling... perhaps I should visit Inui, she did invite me, and was quite nice." An elven woman of some renown remarked, one who was lived among the Norlandic lands when she was young. "Wonder when we're getting those mina..." Said the Onfroi to thin air, mind moving elsewhere- still semi on topic though.

33 minutes ago, chacmul said:

"So..." Petrovich looked at the usual suspects at his table, Roko and Morado, sliding a missive towards them. "Is this just... propaganda?" He said as took a drink from his glass filled with liquor. Leaning forwards he then spoke again. "If this isn't, we going to do anything about it?"

The aging veteran of the Mercatorii sat across from Petrovich.  His head rested on his hands, his elbows rested on the table, and his burdens rested on his head.  His mind was only racing more and more, even though they hadn't done much in a good long while.  His mind would keep acting up until it was interrupted by Petrovich's abrupt statement.

It surely wasn't his old desk, but it was worthy of replacing it.  The Marshal of the Mercatorii picked up the missive, going to reach for the lantern.  However this wasn't his old desk, and thus the lantern wasn't present where it aught to be.  The stack of missives, the lantern and all the other items were still at his desk.  Regardless of this, he looked over the parchment.  Once, then twice, then a third time.

As he arranged his thoughts, he spoke.

"This is the same woman that talked to us in Oren.. The one who stated we branded and killed children.. I'm almost completely, utterly sure that this is exaggerated.  Sure some of it may be true, but it must be exaggerated.. And what happened to Oren being the Viper of the South?  These people.. are surely difficult to understand.  I leave it up to Morado for his word." 

And with that the Marshal slid the missive over to what he considered one of his closest comrades along with Petrovich.  The unstable man's hands shook slightly as the paper was slid across the carpentry, his condition continued to manipulate him.  Nonetheless he looked to Morado, and then to Petrovich.  These two had served with him through thick and thin, and now it was up to them to decide what to make of it as their Handia was off.. Somewhere.

@mosscowi

12 minutes ago, KindOfToast said:

and now it was up to them to decide what to make of it as their Handia was off.. Somewhere.

The Handia was indeed most likely in the same building as his Field Marshal

On 7/28/2021 at 12:34 PM, AnonymousAlexa said:

“War is on the horizon,” a certain mercenary remarked from her bedridden state. “The Rustlers are prepared to defend the good men of Elysium,” she promptly affirmed, before suffering a coughing fit. 

"This didn't age well, now did it?" pondered Caelan de Joannes to himself. "Not well at all."

High Warden Aerendyl comes across one of these pamphlets, reading it among the many collections of various internation news and happenings of the realm. He lowers his cigarette from his lips, his breath held nearly the entire time that it took him to read it. He looks up to the wall and stares past it, into the general space before him.

"By the Aspects."

Aech Amberace-Solros takes the paper off where it was pinned, grinning. "I'm saving this for the books." She declares. "As a physical piece of proof that I can show the next generation of Elysium." They carefully fold the paper, placing it into her pocket. Hundreds of years from now, a museum will stand. And in that monument of memories shall this article hang, in pride. How proud am I to live in this moment, how lucky am I to be alive right now. "We are living through history, friends!" He exclaims, to whomever was near. A shame the suffering Inui had to suffer. All this bloodshed, these tears could have been prevented, if not for the bloody bastards in Norland. But no matter! Because tomorrow, the near future! will bring every sorrow a joy, and every payment in blood tenfold in happiness. And if we fall? "Glory, glory! What a hell of a way to die." 

(had to add that.)