Uruklaam - THE MUDDLED TONGUES OF THE ORCISH PEOPLE

Panashea

PREFACE

federico-lacelli-orcwizard.jpg?1537916863

The languages of the orcish people are unclear and murky.  The BLAH is a pidgin of languages, words amended from the tongue of the older shamans, whose language was made as a sacred and special tongue to speak with the spirits.  This division bore animosity, and so common words became added to the orcish lexicon. Tools of war, counting, and insults were commonly spoken by shamans, establishing the Krugmarian dialect so commonly heard for much of history. 

The yellers of clan Raguk adopted their own tongue,the symbolic and guttural Spluttertongue. Deific and esoteric, the strange language was passed down through shapes and drawn idols. 

Still, the melting pot of the orcish people brought even further amendments to their language and tongue. Descendants of the Morghuun, the Horde of the Thagurz’Grizh possessed their own language. The Izig clan, far more superstitious than the other clans, found themselves borrowing and repeating words to construe different meetings. As Haruspice, the nature of weaving stories created the Khurlaam. The Axan clan preserved prayers and chants, though many were lost as the clan fell to anonymity. The Maukta too were swallowed by time, whose knowledge of the Old Blah came from stealing or misinterpreting words within shamanic ceremonies.

Still, these languages all mixed as conflict and unity forced these orcish peoples together beneath a single banner. Thus created Low Orcish, a muddled tongue of muddled peoples.

This tongue is an amalgamation of the many orcish tongues on the server, as well as the tongues of other orcish people. Misspellings, multiple translations, conflicting grammar rules, or personal spins are the norm! Feel free to borrow from this tongue when conducting your own rituals, or changing the dialect of your orc.

GRAMMAR

Spoiler

(ABS)Absolutive- Marks subject of an intransitive verb and the object of a transitive verb
    Uruk gimbag(an orc finds)

(ERG)Ergative Marks the subject in transitive sentences with objects
    Uruk-gha ghâsh gimbag(an orc finds a fire)

(GEN)Genitive- Marks association,membership, and movements from something
     Ghâsh-khu uruk(an orc of fire)

(POS)Possessive- Marks Possessions
     Ghâsh uruk-bu(an orc’s fire)

(LOC)Locative-Marks location in,at,on
    Uruk ghaâsh-shi(an orc in fire)

(INST)Instrumental-Marks instrumental indicates the means or tools
    Uruk ghâsh-zi(an orc with fire)

(EQU)Equative- Marks a comparison of an equality “like,as, the quality of”
    Uruk ghâsh-ba(an orc like fire)

ARTICLES
Da - The
Ahn - A/An
ADVERBS
‘-le’ is added to the end.

PLURALITY
‘-z’ is added at the end.

POSSESSIVES
‘-zub’ is added at the end of the posessee. e.g. “Izi grishzub” lit. His blood.

CONJUNCTIONS
Agh - And
Bawt - But, However; general adversative
Karuz - Because
Yaht - Yet
Zo - So, Therefore; presents consequence

PREPOSITIONS
Prepositions are very limited, revolves around three.
Ihn - In
Awn - On
Aht - At

PRONOUNS
INDIRECT
(ABS) (ERG) (GEN) (POS) (LOC) (INST)
Something/Someone: Kon/komas/konub/knour/konish
All: Shû/shûs/shûb/shûr/shûsh/shug
Few: Pak/pakas/pakub/pakur/pakish/pakug
Many: Mâgh/mâghas/mâghub/mâghur/mâghish/mâghug
Nothing/None: Azgon/azgas/azgub/azgur/azgish/azgug

DIRECT
Mi - Me, My, Mine, Myself 
Lat - You, Your, Yours, Yourself
Izi - He/She/It, Him/Her/It, His/Hers/Its, Himself/Herself/Itself
Miz - We, Our, Ours, Ourself
Latz - You all, Your all’s
Iziz - They, Them, Thiers, Themself

-lob ending for feminine, -uz ending for masculine if needed. Masculine endings for neuter subjects. e.g. ‘Atlob/Atuz’.

LEXICON

Spoiler

2fDsNRpI9pDzeqzI2dkhmJlYUcQMFJRIlMPJC26X6yUBUJ3qEEB-qWfmVj_vzKAFkbsLByZCxLq--SZNf9dARcpFLaBiUez1ClgNeo-56eWICXrzwmQVrQB25eJhcIqjmTpUJATj

Naakh - Construes hand, or things to take/offer. As a descriptor, it describes someone greedy

dRNrL9EP1Z1RGWW8VEcnsY1GozjnG_kTw5cWRuKk56yBtCK-8XNG1qmXr3jAjxgIzSkUBjMtV1HXdcZs7k7KOWvfA1Jpid-WcyHpT0fyVLUeVtkQMx3nRRQY3upYPxYgBgPj8NXS

Hûn - Construes heart, or strength/courage/unity. As a descriptor it describes the way of life orcs lead.

TwsPaoSQsP3syQNgLFJt137dLBz8213KiPS2XlzWAmEdq1vxsjlnZ-I0t3ICvDppfP3_Zq1vuqs_d6TBlDPcgdVD3MoeQIDtL-ST-K-WGPdLQfsUClTIOeD8hKYQUjvqBVR2wbXM
Kaar - Construes the head or mind, intelligence, deceit, and wisdom. As a descriptor it describes those who are deceitful, confusing, or obtuse. Could describe someone stupid, or tricky. 

2yCfcOzqoij7QrgZU6YSUVHpQYTp76mreahYWLX6FTvGBw0rcwOM9fTjjPZivKKd05TivpFmu13gQ7Z6crm-v5qRFu3BVL7nY18Quo0UvQ_6CVWThY7hlPfu5E3Fa8bUJFkibvKU
Hont - Construes eye, could mean foresight, or the lack of it.

j2xwrV1Iw587kCDXkzIHZAdb5aMWnrNlBGiqWgvVeppb4-M8ielMP5Tb_RWjZIPY8lnjD81h_zYpIGVLVj1vpHrSTzzCJs4Bgl8W_siWJ1pFKLPbrlXpD12BO-KaZ8TrOSTZJwsG

Fra- Construes Foot. Describes someone as old or storied, or a journey(both internal and external)

8DmKjxuZ46a_2EFtNnSHqkQi5N518FRgnxylf-3nYaRiUI9nLBiongO8wRN1GeW9EaYucII2SNYl4luleO1coseVPUDkSlW1pxS1vv1TTz3Sm7wXVZvnDdxJ44Qwwf3dmBcmyi0n
Pu - Construes Mouth, describes arrogance or pride. (Insult)

elE3HSVhPp897STTPnpXMATriCNeEuv3VtOE1LENYEAW3KZEgCxnIUwPjOBmbm0LvQOhRcxfd30tnLhTQJ3kOiq4urUmyYLY63HzzLs8dXnw5IoP1S2sISWKtB5zpLJp1siz9-mz
Grish - Construes Blood. Used to describe family, war, or solidarity.

ZhV3wyIev3H2Z52vAFMk_St6S__Cp_zGAYdK_fqQk_JEbbvBqdvjOA66S5fA8DhQKXmP3ws9xKSQl0IbHcqTz-1wl_Jo6zt7Pgo-q01RLcBUYLXOEjSEd85MtQ1jVZ-lbQAiqCWU
Thlûn - Construes Stomach. Those who are hungry, or in need.

OK9Dt2a66JdpW8o1-1xNJYscUY20vAkgGGkK2QWeBwggGlzZnKXZWPCxsVxhqD9kqytA6iOsKRluCYKy4ZUvByAMaFj3fbtZBTpi_ju7KieAvxUW5tOFzzx8LYSVY4fC2f_AG4gS
Laam- Construes tongue. To talk, make peace, discuss, or coerce.

NOUNS

Spoiler

Snakaal - Misinterpretation from old blah. Describes light, and dark.
Grûsh - Fruit, Sweet
Ibir- Misinterpretation of Silver, though can mean any form of normal metals.
Mirub - Any drugs and the description of consuming or being intoxicated by them. 
mâghan-A throne, an authority figure, or a high place.
Azar - Bodies of water, ocean, river, stream, etc
Balak - Any vessel, ship, siege weapon, or non-living mount
 lk - Birds of any kind
Bog/broi - Insects, usually ones that are irritating or pests
Brog - Rat 
Bruk - Bear 
Brikalush - Deer and other cervidae
Gorka - Bull/Ox/Bovine
Puuzh - Pig 
Gâzhûp - Vulture and other scavengers 
Dolp - Fox/wolf
Zhâk - Amphibians
Shatarp - Reptiles
Vog - Cats and felines

VERBS

Spoiler

-at/ai/an: is analysed as -a- marker of transitive; -t marker of 3 person subject in jussive and transitive

-ul: enclitic 3 person personal pronoun, marks subject in intransitive verbs and object in transitive verbs.

-ûk: completeness of an action

-um: is analysed as -u- marker of intransitive; -m marker of the infinitive, the nominal of the action.

-dug: active participle present tense; -g present tense, with the -u- as the marker of intransitivity (see above). The passive participle in present tense is created with suffix -a- => -dag where the final consonant marks tense.  

durbatulûk “to rule them all”
Gimbai “you, find [it]”
Burzum “darkness”  burz- to be dark + um
Krimpazhul “you, bind it”
Thrakat “[with the purpose] to bring”

SAYINGS

Spoiler

Bolg-Bagurz Kaar? -Lit. Are you clear of mind? ‘Are you doing well? Or Is your mind poisoned by bloodlust?’, connotes an aversion to Iblees’ curse
Bolg-Krimpurz! Lit. My mind is clear! ‘I am fine!, The Bloodlust is controlled.’ 
Hont-bûrzum!  -Lit. My mind is clouded… ‘I am not fine… I see darkness’
Ghâsh uruk-bu Grizh -Lit. Is your sword sharp? Greeting. ‘.. An Orc’s fire bleeds…or An Orc’s blood burns’

CREDITS

Spoiler

Thanks to Grubgoth_Wud and Cosmivore for helping me write the majority of this (please don't get mad I changed the name).

The orcish dialects I used for this amalgamation stem from multiple different sources, but primarily zhaaburi because it's cool. Thanks for reading.