heya! just a very nervous new player here

huaa

hi everyone! im hua (pronounced hoo-ah)

im very new to LOTC, in fact my application just got accepted a couple hours ago! im honestly really honoured and excited to get on the server :D ive been lurking around on the site and as a WS for a bit, and so i thought id be ready once i actually get accepted, yet here i am!

it doesn’t help that i tend to be quite shy and the character i wrote is a bit of a talker D: 

ive also been worrying that the dialogues/emotes I’m about to create might be too… uninteresting, or maybe ill take too long typing and i’ll bore whoever I stubble upon to RP with.

i guess im just looking for some reassuring words or even just little tips or advice on how to get started! :'))

thats all, thank you for stopping by! im looking forward to finally logging on and to hopefully make some great friends :D

Some definite advice is to ask for help when you need it, which you're doing now! Once you log on, you'll have the ability to /creq, which will let you ask for help from a Monk that helps newer players, though if you ask in #ooc chat most anyone would be happy to help you <3 It takes some time but you'll get into the hang of things, just be sure to use what sources you do have and don't be afraid to just start some rp up or have others assist in it if you're unsure!

29 minutes ago, tadabug2000 said:

Some definite advice is to ask for help when you need it, which you're doing now! Once you log on, you'll have the ability to /creq, which will let you ask for help from a Monk that helps newer players, though if you ask in #ooc chat most anyone would be happy to help you <3 It takes some time but you'll get into the hang of things, just be sure to use what sources you do have and don't be afraid to just start some rp up or have others assist in it if you're unsure!

oh right, and tysm! ill be sure to do that :D

<3 my dms are always open if u need help @latte#8455

The biggest mistake I often see from new players is that they tend not to ask for help. Just want you to know that not only are the CT available to help you out, but loads of other players and non-staff are as well :)

I've been on the server for about 5 years now, and my biggest piece of advice I could give is that roleplay won't always come to you, and it's something you need to seek out most of the time. What I mean by this is, you won't get roleplay by standing or sitting around, expecting someone to come up to you. This can happen, but chances are, it will be very rare. With that being said, I often find that characters who are outspoken or even loud-mouthed makes it easier to figure out how to engage roleplay with other people, at least in my opinion. It opens up those roleplay opportunities and avenues that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get compared to a shy, timid character, yknow? 

Another thing is, not all cities or settlements will always have players in them. Different cities have different points of activity. For example, I hear places like Oren are more active player-wise during CST noon-afternoon hours, while places like Fenn are more active later at night. It all depends, but don't feel discouraged because you might not always see players in every city you go to! It's just one of those things that means you need to look around a bit :) 

If you ever wanna chat or ask about the server, feel free to PM me on discord at un-w#9099

I'm super glad you've managed to post this because its a great step to start speaking with everyone and learning, which is especially great if you're a naturally nervous person. Because believe me, you aren't alone, there's still many older players who feel the same kind of way. So if you want to talk with someone about the server, or anything in general, my DMs are always open to you. And I truly hope you enjoy your experience on the server. We're excited to have you! (Discord: @olly8553)