Community Team - Summer Update

audyush

1 hour ago, Luminaire said:

but it seems like a lot of PR for the status quo. Not much changed, at least in my eyes.

Removing Monk Guidance, changing Application Standards, measuring Tutorial Island's efficacy (25% reduction in first day quitting), restructuring /apply, organizing the bulk of the team into a rotational roster with measurable success (currently one application open at time of posting), the beginnings of the Wiki's front page rehaulanother project to improve the Wandering Soul experience... I meanwould you like us to dance as well?

The above is more than enough to measure with a retention report. I wouldn't dare implement something like the Retention Plugin and muddle the results with everything else we've done. I'm sticking to my guns; we take measurable steps along the way to figure out what does and doesn't work. It's not flashy, it's not pretty, but it gets us there at the end of the day.

As for the plugin's delay? You could have found me at any of the tech's doorsteps attempting to bribe them with delivered pizza. The issue is that techs have long operated on a "put-out-the-closest-fire", and there are some projects that are more immediately pressing. But if you've taken a look at the Staff roster, you'll notice an explosion of recent new techs. There's a bunch of really cool stuff happening behind the scenes, but I can't be the one to spoil that for you. Let's just say that it'll be a much finer start than CT farms.

5 minutes ago, Treshure said:

Removing Monk Guidance, changing Application Standards, measuring Tutorial Island's efficacy (25% reduction in first day quitting), restructuring /apply, organizing the bulk of the team into a rotational roster with measurable success (currently one application open at time of posting), the beginnings of the Wiki's front page rehaulanother project to improve the Wandering Soul experience... I meanwould you like us to dance as well?

The above is more than enough to measure with a retention report. I wouldn't dare implement something like the Retention Plugin and muddle the results with everything else we've done. I'm sticking to my guns; we take measurable steps along the way to figure out what does and doesn't work. It's not flashy, it's not pretty, but it gets us there at the end of the day.

As for the plugin's delay? You could have found me at any of the tech's doorsteps attempting to bribe them with delivered pizza. The issue is that techs have long operated on a "put-out-the-closest-fire", and there are some projects that are more immediately pressing. But if you've taken a look at the Staff roster, you'll notice an explosion of recent new techs. There's a bunch of really cool stuff happening behind the scenes, but I can't be the one to spoil that for you. Let's just say that it'll be a much finer start than CT farms.

The first part moved the issue, but did not fully fix it. I'm not here trying to discredit the work you guys have done. I'm simply stating that the retetion numbers improved by a small margin, and while it most likely can be attributed to all the previous measures you mentioned they did not drastically improve things. Instead, the time people quit was moved by a week, basically.

As I said before, the things cteam are improving on are not the only part of the problem, and there are a lot of issues that lie far beyond anything the Cteam can do. The player retention plugin is a project that Kowaman himself was assigned to, and I recall a post being made that there was progress on it. I'm again, not here to discredit anyone, as you guys are putting in the work and I appreciate that. I'm just not fully agreeing with the way the results are being portrayed. I just see a lot of PR for results that mean far less than they are made out to be. They're a start and a start that should be appreciated, but just also one that has a lot of factors to it that you can't easily pin down.

Good to see the community doing some great work :)

If you ever bring back Pots and Pandits lmk, ill gladly help out!

What is CT angle on applications that have been accepted that blatantly break rules or established standards?

I have identified some to members of CT and got no response

Also, who exactly is the wiki team now? If both Jokerlow and VIROS are no longer CT and Hogo is now a manager and a mod, who is actually dealing with wiki issues, because I dont see how Hogo has time to do it in addition to his managerial and moderator duties

Edited by Sham404