[✓] [Alchemy] Wizard's Brews

Glade

r-_euh3hpR7d7Hy0f-oTsnnJVMspFaJzjVbnVaAVJHxp4ax7Chh1w3gophk73mBi8ZEv_-CBdSweE9KrRALTbX-1f5Nd-KqImmMu1N5M7NFmAKeEEcHC5pVP_yzJunAgKrcMLKaU

Recipes

Persistence Philter [Common - Tier 2]

Spoiler

Recipe

Base: Liquid Mana

- Ground up Focus Crystal

- 3x Instability

- 2x Aether: Vigor

- 2x Connection

- 1x Endurance

Creation

First the Focus Crystal must be ground into a fine powder, where it will be then mixed in with the base. Next the extracted symbols in no particular order should be mixed in at a constant slow burn. Finally brew must be left to ferment for an OOC day.

Effects

A completed Persistence Philter should be an opaque viscous liquid, which takes on a muted hue of whose mana is used. When consumed the potion would lead to the mage having a queasiness take hold not unlike their first connection with the void, due to their mana transmuting into a sort of arcane stamina. The uneasy feeling would last for [4 to 5] emotes until abating (although not fully), upon which the mage would have access to an expanded amount of stamina (and severely limited mana pool). Evidently transmuted mana is a poor substitute for stamina, and although being more plentiful, it's use engenders sluggish and imprecise movements. The brew’s prime application is for long treks, upon which one need only to put one foot ahead the other. The Persistence Philter adds onto the existing stamina pool, therefore the extra energy comes in to effect only upon when a mage would naturally become exhausted.

Redlines

-When potion is in use; their magic is hard capped at [Tier 1] non-combat spells, and when they cast it should be obvious that the spell is heavily weakened,.

-The exact duration of how long the potion lasts will varying depending on the context; Normally it will last for 1 OOC hour, but if in an event the ST has complete digression on how long it can last, finally if it is used as an excuse for a mage being able to take a long trek to a location (soul-stoning) the effects will be rped warring off upon reaching their destination.

-The potion can be used by anyone capable of conjuring the required liquid mana.

-Although the mage would basically have the same strength, and a large surplus of stamina, as they would have had before taking the potion their dexterity would be severely impaired. Although they would be able to lift weapons, as their strength is unaffected, wielding them with any force would lead to becoming staggered.

-The impediment of motor skills means attempting to move at a brisk pace would be untenable, thus anything above [2 blocks] per emote would lead to stumbling.

-The brew has a strong rancid flavor, and is incapable of being disguised.

-The potion only effects the person who’s mana was used.

-Does not require ST signature

An alchemist who is also a voidal mage, or working with a voidal mage, should be able to reasonably intuit the recipes with experimentation.

Constraint Concoction [Common - Tier 2]

Spoiler

Recipe

Base: Liquid Mana

- Ground up Focus Crystal

- 3x Impediment

- 2x Aether: Curtailment

- 2x Weakness

Creation

First the Focus Crystal must be ground into a fine powder, where it will be then mixed in with the base. Next the extracted symbols in no particular order should be mixed in at a constant slow burn. Finally brew must be left too ferment for an OOC day.

Effects

The finished Constraint Concoction will come out like a shimmering transparent liquid, which glow comes in the color of the aura of the mana used. When consumed the brew will allow for simple limitation of spells, removing any lethal potential from them. For example; A spike of ice would shatter upon impact causing no more than a slight chill, a boulder thrown would imminently turn to dust only rendering a slight bump, wind would not be able to move people or objects, and so on. The mana which is siphoned from the weakened spells will be returned, effectively doubling how many spells can be cast.

Redlines

-Can not be used to gain combat advantage/disadvantage, if a weakened spell were you hit someone who had not also taken the brew they would simply be a light show (albeit a faded one.)

-Spells that impede awareness in some way, such as blocking sight or create a sound, would indicate their illusionary nature becoming transparent or muted (and obvious of their origin.)

-The player must clearly telegraph that the spell is weakened and can not do harm.

-Illusion, Conjuration, Translocation, and Enchantments can not be channeled through this method and will immediately fail.

-Weakened Warding and Abjuration will only work on other spells cast by one under the effects of this brew.

-Spells cast through the potion are not limited in tier, but in their lethality. Less lethality means that they would effectively be illusions of the spells cast, only giving the vague feeling of what the spell would. For example; Fires ability to burn is complete removed in favor of a slightly uncomfortable heat. All elements are also non corporeal and any damage they might be able to cause is impaired. For example: cast water can be breathed in although it would be thick and uncomfortable, and any solid conjured would be easily dismissed with a modicum of force (at least the force of punch.)

-The potion only focuses voidal magic, therefore the potion does not work with other magics.

-The potion only works upon the person who’s mana was used.

-The effects will fade upon the first time disconnecting from the void, after consuming the brew. 

-Does not require ST signature

An alchemist who is also a voidal mage, or working with a voidal mage, should be able to reasonably intuit the recipes with experimentation.

Purpose

The purpose is to fix some of my gripes with the the believably of voidal weakness role-play, as well as adding more options for using arcane magic.

based or cringe? Voidal alchemy has been an idea I loved to go after by writing it. Still, I love this idea nontheless!

1 hour ago, King_Kunuk said:

based or cringe? Voidal alchemy has been an idea I loved to go after by writing it. Still, I love this idea nontheless!

Ascetically the void and alchemy do not mesh well, I get that. But to be honest its not a huge stretch, as mages can already produces liquid mana.

6 minutes ago, Sri said:

Ascetically the void and alchemy do not mesh well, I get that. But to be honest its not a huge stretch, as mages can already produces liquid mana.

I do wish you the best of luck on this lore! I love the idea and I think if done properly it could lead to some great alchemy lore

Change-log

- Defined Persistence Philter's effects more, and who can use it.

- Defined how powerful spells cast with the Constrain Concoction are.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.