An Invitation to those seeking equality.

Sham404

In the lands of the Oren, posted secretly on street corners and passed furtively between hands in alleyways and at taverns, a short missive makes it's presence known. A number of copies circulate the population of Providence and it's surrounding territories, written in stark black ink upon the yellowing parchment.

"To the people of the Empire, expressly those womenfolk who have made clear their desire for equality these last few years, and those that have championed their cause. We have watched your plight from afar, and find common ideal in your desire to be treated as equals to the men that enact tyrannies upon you. It has become clear that both the rulers of your lands and the leaders of your faith see little value in your presences, and will fight tooth and claw to keep you under their heel. A position from which they can abuse and enslave you all but in name. And so consider this an invitation to a land where you will be beyond their reach, where your dream of equality will be fulfilled. A land to the North.

Long have our nations been enemies for one cause or another. Pride, power, wealth, there is little that cannot be named as a cause for our conflicts. But that conflict has never been with you, the common folk of the Empire, who unduly have suffered beneath Imperial yoke. Now we offer you the chance to free yourselves from that yoke, and come to live in a land that will treat you as equals. Under the Red Law, you may live your life in whatever way you wish - as long as you follow those self-same laws. 

There are homes vacant to those that seek them, and employment for those that desire it. Take this chance to find a better life in Norland."

Joseph d'Azor blinks. "Oh my god, the situation in Norland is so dire that they come to the Empire to try and find citizens." The man laughs heartily as he does not take the flier to the fire but instead to his friends. "My god! They may be terrible at fighting, but they really know how to make us laugh!" 

"I, for one, am entirely convinced that the oppressed Orenian noblewomen can't wait to substitute their marble palaces for muddy hovels," spoke one Holy Sir through a yawn.

John VIIi continues penning letters regarding the future of the rosemoor convention to his beloved elder sister, the princess imperial.

3 minutes ago, Asutto said:

After having returned from his humanitarian efforts in Aeldin, Erik Erikson, the Ex-Northlandgrad Delivery Boy happened to find one such note in Providence. His brow raised as he read it over "Is Norbland really this desperate for citizens? I guess it doesn't help when their parchment looks like it was pissed on." He'd scoff, throwing the yellow parchment away into a sewer drain.

Robin, noticing the clear frustration of his northern brother, offers a pat on the shoulder and a solemn "There there, no need to take out your anger on Norbland, I am sure things with you will turn for the better soon."

Spoiler

+1

Edited by K_rusader

Charles Darkwood narrowly eyed the missive for but a second before bursting out into a fit of stifled snickers and laughs. He snatches the missive from it's pinned board and grasps it with his two hands, very briefly he turned on his heel and starts off. Laughing material for his trek north to Haense. "Buffoons." He said.

Sir Ledicort d’Azor would flip over his files from the Saint’s week as he leaned into his chair, “Shall the desperation of an unstable and desolate wasteland echo to any of the ears of the Empire?” He would chuckle to himself, “Nonsense, simply nonsense.” 

Hearing of the absolute seething emanating from Oren, Edric nods to himself.

"I guess the king owes me five marks."

1 minute ago, Sham404 said:

Hearing of the absolute seething emanating from Oren, Edric nods to himself.

"I guess the king owes me five marks."

Vane grumbles opening his pouch and retrieving five marks "A hundred mina..." he says to himself "I shoulda said twenty angry Oranians, Father knows those southernors can't control themselves..." Vane slaps the marks into Edrics hand "Spend it in good health." he says bitterly.

Just now, _pr0fit said:

Vane grumbles opening his pouch and retrieving five marks "A hundred mina..." he says to himself "I shoulda said twenty angry Oranians, Father knows those southernors can't control themselves..." Vane slaps the marks into Edrics hand "Spend it in good health." he says bitterly.

Edric chuckles, taking the money from Vane. "Never bet against a salty southerner, lad. Drinks are on me."

"I heard that story about the mage that turned himself into a pickle and I thought that was funny, but this? This is the funniest **** ever," says Isaak Amador.

"Since you couldn't decimate Norland, why not do it by mixing of cultures over centuries? A demographic win at this rate would be easier, then your grand-grandchildren may even be Orenian." Ruathar would chuckle as this never seemed to occur to the valah Empire.