The Death of a Duchess

shay

Spoiler

-pl3IhgRyXjFVEG5-Qhuj-6-mA5o-5cHiG3oED4xBHpD0s0NOTc2Anlx3C1g7zKEMJNWhwph0874Vao6BkhyEoGwBUzYUNXvTXHQV1zd5JziPa-6DIUMfxVxhQ2M-6dGt2GDhOYS

A depiction of the Princess’ allegedly deceased horse, Duchess Buttercup

345   E H R   S I G M U N D A

THE DEATH OF A DUCHESS

The Funeral of Lady Buttercup

[!]

The following, although written by an adult, was clearly dictated by a young child

To the subjects and allies of Hanseti-Ruska,

In a tragic turn of events, my horse - Duchess Buttercup, has perished. Well, I’m niet actually sure if she’s dead, she booted me off her in the forest so she’s probably somewhere near Oren now.

ANYWAYS

Even if she’s still alive in the wilderness, she’s dead to me. She’s a bad horse, but she should still have a funeral because she can’t neigh in Karosgrad anymore, and if something is niet in Karosgrad, it essentially does niet exist, right?

ANYWAYS

Well, since we do niet actually have the Duchess’ body, I can niet really have a proper funeral, so we will have a death tea party instead.

Black apparel is expected and required, vy will niet be allowed to enter the Duchess’ funeral if vy do niet mourn the loss of my favourite pet - well, nie, she was niet my favourite pet, that’s Bunny Bonita von Bunnyton, but she was still pretty cool and I’m sad now. Well, mostly just sad that I do niet have a horse anymore but Andrik does . .

ANYWAYS 

Vy must wear black, the tea will be provided by my servants, with my favourite snacks. Bringing gifts for me is encouraged, because my horse is dead and it is my party.

My death party will be held in the Karosgrad square on Joma ag Umund. My favourite tea and snacks will be served, and there will be fun events too, as the Duchess would have wanted.

Signed,

GNfnnMGX39xLMZP2aTwvIWLfRXCLh96ogsYfgOHKulbx_eKthniGCumZujL5GQkPNk8Izsv4lrBoH-8eaOHDaKB1twXVzIb4xk1GghhhXGxc1lfvVb8iQg9bHLRWMR5UDNFoCa3b

Her Royal Highness, Anastasya Isabel Barbanov, Prinzenas of Hanseti-Ruska, Baroness of Antioch

[ OOC : Event will be held Tuesday, August 10 @ 18:00 EST /  23:00 GMT in the Karosgrad Square]

Prinzenas Petra stares down at the missive written by her sister, and she sighs. Very loudly. She then prays to Godan for her sister's sanity and her own.

"The Bald" and "The Coolest" Andrik relishes in the fact that he's now the only one with a horse, though he feels bad for his twin. He has high hopes that his Royal Steed Lord Hoover was more faithful than Duchess Buttercup.

Christoph Scholz would do a double take as he posted the missive on Karosgrad's notice board, not noticing the the duchess was in fact a horse until already posted. Confused and tired, Christoph would leave it be.

47 minutes ago, sarahbarah said:

Prinzenas Petra stares down at the missive written by her sister, and she sighs. Very loudly. She then prays to Godan for her sister's sanity and her own.

Mood

A faithful cousin sheds a single tear.

Abraham goes off to find the missing horse.. hopefully this doesn't ruin the tea party!

On 8/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, erictafoya said:

"The Bald" and "The Coolest" Andrik relishes in the fact that he's now the only one with a horse, though he feels bad for his twin. He has high hopes that his Royal Steed Lord Hoover was more faithful than Duchess Buttercup.

Henry Bishop fondly remembers gifting one of his horses to Andrik, and thinks aloud to himself whilst sitting within the palace to the possible dismay of Prinzenas Petra ( @sarahbarah)

"Hm, Ich could always gift some more horses to the Royal Family if necessary. Ich still need to train Andrik how to ride, after all."