A Beard Avenged

Pesmar

_.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._ _.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._ _.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._ 
An Icy chill travels on the north swept wind carrying with it freshly fallen snow in torrent's of whirlwinds. Spikes of ice formed thousands of years ago dust the landscape like blooming flowers trapped in motion. The cool rush of running water from a fresh melt glacier is heard, rushing down a carved path meandering  to the open bay. The suns presents is only felt but not seen as a thick layer of cloud cover rolls overhead breaking like  fog over the sharpened mountaintops. 
The hum of battle could be heard in the struggling of steel on steel and the sharp watery splashes.

The Roar of a dwarf and an orc.

_.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._ _.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._ _.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._ 

winter-dwarf-miguel-de-angel.jpg

Icy breath filled the air around the Dwarf as a steam rose from his body. He was breathing heavily his body rising and falling, his red and black tunic soaked as he stood over the beaten and bloody orc. with a final "ARUUUUU!" and a raise of his sword the dwarf finished the orc off, cleaving his head from his body, blood spilling across the white snow.

The dwarf gathered his thoughts for a moment of the honorable battle that had ensued, truly a privilege. One that he hoped would grant this corpse some rest in the after life under Dungrim's Gaze.

The dwarf rode back into Norland greeted by the gaze of many of its citizens as he paraded the head on a staff as he made his way through.

"Who are you?! Why have  you killed the orc?!" A young voice called from the small audience who witnessed the dwarf who quickly stopped in his paces to face the crowd through his steely visor. His voice was deep and gruff , mustering all the Enthusiasm a dwed could.

"I am Uruan Stormheart, Clan Father. Son of Gilrik Stormheart. I have slain this orc as I will slay all orcs that stand with Krugmar. Under Yemekar's watchful gaze I give this Oath to you, people of Norland that not one Norlander will be made slave as long as I draw breath. My Clan Stormheart will be your protectors and will rise for Norland until I am no longer Clan Father. This I swear."

With that Uruan turned and continued to ride south east. Leaving the city heading towards Urguan to repay a debt he once owed.

Edited by Pesmar

Norlandic nativist and volatile agitator Mera Camian hissed in mild disgust as word got around to her. "I would much prefer if the Dwarves kept their war outside of our borders, whether they're moonlighting in the Northguard or not. Especially when they're threatening people we're meant to be allied with," She said offhandedly to those members of her family around her at the time. "Foreigners ought to be thrown out of Norland wholesale. Nothing but repeated headaches, the lot of them."

Naexi would recognize this as the guy who gave her the awesome coat and decides to excuse all actions, since the coat was her favorite thing ever.

2.png

Aylin de Astrea, Chief Diplomat to Norland, sighed heavily, watching all the careful work she had done for both peoples go up in smoke before, indeed, riding off southeast. It was everything she could do not to just pen her letter of resignation then and there, except there still lived a glimmer of hope in something former Dominus Al-Uk (@ThatDutchFellow) had once told her:
"Just because we struck blood once upon a time doesn't mean we cannot be allies now...just as friends might turn enemies if time so deems it, just like us and the kin under the mountains."

Ram hears the news of the missing Uruk "Diz ztout am nub'hozh kuhnt, flat'n Uruk whu am returning znaga." he spits a loogy on the floor, planning on how exactly he would shave the Dwarf, and what he planed to do with the beard. The ancient Uruk grinding his sword until it was razor sharp.