BARE SECRETS

Mickaelhz

FERRYMEN-MARENO CONTRACT

originally signed 1786

publicised 1833

QFLAeZ89h5vY8nmHC7oBr6J4DLXsJgkzbxmSCMjtGk28FFnW9YVFZn8HWiKbWykwiB8aFiD-t4M6Pm6byY1SIeFc9azN34pmpGNrYQ36dF_zxluTQY_chcqXIF06Yplj1Afm-vTJ

RPzLV2SgWkSHAa7B_Y59N6HrYECTsZBCLs_YSeBrCjy62Y6fTzhCNHYz74pNVsezzNx5JUmlHsEyghD7TYyIXNnR7ELv3WNK_Vv3W4IoyzQaDFuVsVyc8T264Qe6SrCjUNdkhc42

In times where the roads are plagued by bandits and walls fail to protect the people of Almaris it is crucial that familiar security is imperative for every sane patriarch. The Mareno household hereby officially buys their safety with their overflow of income. A prosperous family like this one would usually form a prime target for the Ferrymen, yet the Marenos have shown great generosity. With a grand price of 25.000 minas comes great benefit for the open-handed. This mina will be used to aid the poor.

RPzLV2SgWkSHAa7B_Y59N6HrYECTsZBCLs_YSeBrCjy62Y6fTzhCNHYz74pNVsezzNx5JUmlHsEyghD7TYyIXNnR7ELv3WNK_Vv3W4IoyzQaDFuVsVyc8T264Qe6SrCjUNdkhc42 

Article I : Protection

1. None of Balthazar’s blood shall be harmed by any Ferryman, unless provoked.

I. When a Mareno is spotted on the other side of the battlefield, the Ferrymen will avoid harming said person to the best of their physical ability. 

II. If a Mareno is found to drastically and negatively impact a Ferryman operation, they may be struck down like any other enemy of the Ferrymen. 

2. Any of Balthazar’s blood may commission protection from the Ferrymen for meetings and festivities alike.

I. The Ferrymen must be notified of this request at least three Saint’s days prior to the event.

II. During this commission all Ferrymen involved will keep themselves from committing any crimes/violent acts that might incriminate the commissioner.

III. Balthazar’s blood may not commission protection for anyone outside of their bloodline.

IV. Balthazar’s blood may not freely commission the Ferrymen to do anything that could be considered an offensive maneuver. For these cases, the Marenos must follow the general Ferrymen contracting guidelines.

3. Any of Balthazar’s recognized bloodline may freely find refuge within any land owned by the Ferrymen.

I. The Mareno visitor shall not treat the Ferrymen like maids/butlers.

II. The Mareno visitor shall be offered a bed, some bread and a bottle of wine upon entry.

III. None of Balthazar’s blood shall find permanent residence within any Ferrymen keep.

Article II : Limits

1. None of Balthazar’s blood shall command the Ferrymen as if the company were their personal military.

I. When the life of a recognized Mareno is at risk the highest ranking, present member of the Ferrymen will take charge of the situation to ensure the safety of Balthazar’s blood.

II. Recognized members of Balthazar’s bloodline whose life is at risk shall silence themselves upon being brought into a threatening situation, allowing themselves to be guided by the Ferrymen present.

Article III : Disassociation

1. None of Balthazar’s blood shall mingle with Ferrymen business. They shall not try to give advice. They shall not try to make suggestions. Their words shall not be taken into consideration and their opinions shall not influence any Ferrymen decision making. 

I. When a Mareno tries to influence Ferrymen decision making they will be swiftly told off.

2. None of Balthazar’s blood shall be dragged into Ferrymen affairs. This is to prevent intentionally bringing a Mareno’s life at risk.

I. No Mareno may find themselves integrated in the Ferrymen.

II. No Mareno may find themselves involved with any Ferrymen operations. This involves granting even the slightest of aid.

III. No Mareno may find themselves associated with the Ferrymen past this contract.

Article IV : Duration

1. This contract will last as long as oceanic waves travel to shore.

Signed, 

The Ferryman

Balthazar Mareno

"Wow, what cool people and their wacky tacky contracts" States a specific ORSS dark elf

'Oafish Octavius' takes note and pays a visit to their chain location in Haense, to stockpile on premium Mareno Steel.

"These ferrymen have always seemed like good people to me," says Arsenios Mareno!

Lunah looks over the publicised article then giggles to herself, "Well no one anywhere is surprised by this turn of events, this was the worst kept secret in Almaris." she hums before scanning over it once more, "Oh also this contract has been broken on at least 3 occasions as per article 3, Section 2-II it doesn't take a seer to spot the mareno's when they raided elysium with the ferrymen." pauses once more then scratches the print near the top, "Huh, this must be a printing error because this period would indicate that they were only paid 25 mina? they might want a new contract for two reasons now."