V is for Valin'dar: A Crescendo

TwilightWolf

andrei-stef-elven-council.jpg?1552502408

Despite the tense expressions of the four present, the Hinterlands hummed with their usual naturesong. The Warden keep rose over the treetops like a great obelisk, the eyes of those within peering out into the emerald ocean of canopy with regret held in their eyes.

“You’re certain of this?” The ashen elf murmurs. The snowy locks over his brow dance in the firelight of the keep as he looks between his three companions. The crown above his head mirrors the watchful gaze of the Hound, High Prince Evar’tir.

The bearded elder nods. Sevrel Valin’dar gave a sigh in disappointment, pity even - not for his comrades, but for the foolishness of the one that they spoke. The dark elven was the Bulwark of Elvenesse, yet it was still a distressing shock to know that his foes had come from within. “It seems that they have the support of the entire Puerokar Seed, and allegedly… the Tahorran kin.”

Amaesil’s auburn head turns to Sevrel. The Young Fox was as cunning as his namesake, and his eyes reflected the confirmation of his suspicions. The Exarch had his hunches, yet it was still disconcerting to hear the truth unfold before him. “Any others?” he asks with his typical confident tone, but there was certainly a gnawing in his gut that he could not ignore.

The lone silver-gold headed Aerendyl draws in a sharp breath as Sevrel responds. “An… undisclosed number of allied individuals.” The TimberWolf’s form shook with a nauseating concoction of fury and betrayal. He recalled the days when his House was supporting the Tahorran seed financially, and those adventures that he had with them upon the wild waters of the world. “Those craven snakes... ” he laments, his expression yielding a rare and genuine look of despair.

“This nation is my family, my kin, brothers and sisters… my home.” Sevrel speaks up among the brief silence as the four came to terms with the information. “Valin’dar with with you all, for the titles and roles we have are nothing- it is for this family that I will oppose this scheme.”

“You have my sword.” Amaesil resounds, the Young Fox leading a quiet rally between the four.

“And my glaive.” Aerendyl echoes, turning his gaze too towards the High Prince and leaning upon his wolven-headed staff grimly.

The cogs were in motion. The four Lords returned home. They returned to their beds, their family, their wives, and prayed for forgiveness for what must be done.

Nobody expected the seats to be lined with so many interested folk... Ithalanen, kin of the Usurper, the Savoyard men, the Ichorians... 

"Rylleah, I have no doubt that you did not know what Tahlia had done without your permission. And for this, your life will be spared. The docks will be eliminated, and Tahlia is eternally banished."

"500 mina for her alive, half for her head." the High Prince chimed in, just as the Puerokar seed was summoned to the center of the room.

"Pancho Puerokar, you and your seed have been accused of high treason against the crown. Care to explain yourself?" he echoes throughout the throne room... just as a familiar face shows up from behind the Puerokar lineup.

Sevrel marched in with a legion of Orenian lineman. He sternly looked up to the High Prince and pointed his longsword accusingly up to the dark elven Prince. "My Lords, it has come to my attention that there is a situation." The Dark Elf steps forward to the front and looks Evar'tir right in the eyes. "This man has lied to his people, betrayed our honour, and has no right to rule! Me and my lliran are here to deal with this tyrant, once and for all. My people are loyal to the cause, and I shall no long stand for this. You shall be put down!” He shouts, still glaring at the elves atop the platform. Then, he turns around to Pancho Puerokar, and points his blade towards the wood elf.

“ARREST THESE TRAITOROUS DOGS!”

Spoiler

I cannot divulge further about what actually happened here, as I do not wish to shame people. I'm only telling a story.

k3pC0E0.jpg

Like the heartbeat of a great titan, the footfalls of the Wardens marched down the great spiral of the citadel down into the heart of the cavern. There, they halted in a methodical line before the manor of Puerokar. The distant memories of this seed pleading for help from a depraved member beating his son rang in their mines like a distant foghorn. Things could have been so much different… but the fires flew from the line of elves regardless, and with it their disgust and fury at the Puerokar manipulation. No more abuse, no more false cries for help, only the baptism of cleansing embers and righteous retribution.

It was a shame. A damn shame, even. Stewards were of this seed, prospective Wardens of Hinterlands, even a capable commander… All to waste. As much as Amaesil, Aerendyl, Sevrel, and Evar’tir hated to be reminded of it, it wasn’t just Mankind who may fall to the desire for power. They looked on not with smiles, nor a glimmer of joy in their eyes, but with regret. This was no joyous celebration, but a memorial for a consuming rot that could have devoured their gladed home with a ravenous hunger.

5d38ab2dc59657105f769f9670cb062f.jpg

With the fires dying down, and the Green Priesthood already setting to work returning this portion of city to nature, the four Lords turned their eyes to the north shore.

They marched to the docks.

Amaesil Vuln'miruel stands upon the cliffside and looks out across the burning dockyard. The fires reflect in his brown orbs and glints off of his silver armor. His long, blue robes billow in the wind as ash forms a long, winding spire into the stratosphere.

It is there that the elflord weeps silently. Justice had been dealt this day, but such never brought him any comfort.

Spoiler

coupbond.png

panchogovernment.png

The day was won...

But at what cost?

Sevrel had been thinking about this moment for months; and as his blade met the traitor's flesh, he thought of what started this all.

It was not too long ago that the 'ker had considered Pancho Puerokar a comrade in arms, a friend even. Nothing could have prepared him for the jarring moment when Pancho asked him if he would help in overthrowing the Crown. 

Over the next while, Sevrel had worked from the shadows to feed information to his High Prince, and his friends. After a conversation with Aerendyl, Evar'tir, and Amaesil; they had a plan in place.

Sevrel had told Pancho that he would bring a detail of loyal warriors to assist him... Which turned out to be partially true.

After entering with a small contingent of Orenian soldiers, and revealing his hand to not only Pancho, but the entirety of the citizenry of Amathea, Lord Sevrel Valindar turned to face the conspirators, and bellowed out a command.

"ARREST THESE TRAITOROUS DOGS!"

Before the Puerokars could realize they had been played, and before Pancho had time to react, Sevrel had already plunged his blade into the stomach of the traitor, eviscerating him. After a brief exchange of silent words, the elder 'ker put an end to the coup by swiftly beheading Pancho...

Normally, after a victory; songs would be sung and stories would be told... But no such events took place, only the burning of the homes of the traitors, who were once regarded as friends...

Sevrel wondered... Would he ever get used to the killing?

High Prince Evar'tir Oranor regarded the blaze with vicious indifference.

"High Prince." Spoke Amaesil.
"
Estelaurir."

"I hope it was worth it."
"
As do I."

"Tyranny begets tyranny." The man uttered beneath his breath. Justice prevailed yet again.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Bhased

A certain Brylynn sat in an empty cave, injuried. She was chained to a wall, yet she knew of the victory served within the walls of the city on this very day. Syllana coughed, a smile resting upon her lips. Her eyes shot to Tahlia ap Tahorran. @TwiSama "You know what I smell? The blood of traitors. One wouldn't happen to be you, ti?"

Kae'tar Valin'dar watches the golden embers rise into the sky over the Tahorran docks, his face expressing a combination of feelings that rose to the surface as he reflected on the events of that day. The violence and the clamour of the final confrontation in the throne room disconcerted the young 'ker, the deep crimson blending into the rich red carpet of the Elvenesse throne room painting a clear picture in his mind and making him doubt the validity of their actions. But still, the thought that those who were slain that day had sought to harm the innocents of Elvenesse in a grab for power comforted Kae'tar to a degree- reminding him that the grim show of violence was not in vain.

Edited by tazombo

Zolvan Vuln'miruel stands before the burning docks of the burning docks of the Tahorren - sadness in pride within him as he knew that his step-son and family had been protected with this slaughter.

Adreniel watches from afar with his high elven spyglass, curious. 

2 hours ago, The Media Wizard said:

Amaesil Vuln'miruel stands upon the cliffside and looks out across the burning dockyard. The fires reflect in his brown orbs and glints off of his silver armor. His long, blue robes billow in the wind as ash forms a long, winding spire into the stratosphere.

It is there that the elflord weeps silently. Justice had been dealt this day, but such never brought him any comfort.

Hide contents

coupbond.png

panchogovernment.png

Good meme, I say we don't coup this one

A certain Tahorran sat in the cave with Lady Brylynn, seeming frail and weak. As she listened to her words, she'd look confused towards her "I know nothing of what you are saying lari'onn, what do you mean?"

Rylleah ap Tahorran thinks long and hard. When she closes her eyes she can see the children begging to be spared and the cries of the innocent. She thinks back to when Ameasil said that she and her seed was innocent, minus Tahlia, and can still see the man charging to take her life as well as her unborn child. To think the only reason she was shown mercy for a crime she did not commit was because of the little one. Rylleah shakes her head and opens her eyes. "A day I never thought I would see." she whispers softly to herself. "Aspect save their souls.." She then prays for the ones who died. The ones who killed. The ones who sat back and watched. Finally she prayed for the council and the Prince. "Nemglan strike me down if I have done any wrong." Is her final prayer before Rylleah stands up, hugs her family then moves to her table begging to write letters for what is about to come.

Ceru was returning to the docks after fishing, before noticing the flames. "Mhm, that's not good." He mumbled to himself and watched from a distance at the scene.

Fillianore Puerokar, managing to escape from the city quietly gathered herself in her grief and confusion 

She didn't know 

Scarlet didn't know

So many of her family taken had been unaware of the actions of a few. Unable to defend themselves speak there side. Those who were innocent were murdered. 

This was not justice 

This was not law

This was cold. Unyeilding hate

She didn't understand why her seed was hated. The few who weren't innocent did deserve to be punished. But not the rest. How a government meant to protect the innocent could simply disregard the sanctity of life. It was clear 

The elves In power were murders.

They do not care for reason 

They do not care for people they don't like.

They do not listen 

As she collected herself it was time to bring herself up. This was not a loss

There would be no more tears 

This was a new chapter for the storytellers. The legacy keepers. Shed close her eyes and take a breath

For the innocent 

They were innocent 

Our name. Will not. Be tarnished