The Maroon Massacre, 11th of Malins Welcome, Year 37

excited

Within the confines of his laboratory, the humid stench of death and agony almost palpable within the air, some foreign half elf leased a bout of sinister cackles - a symphony exhibiting utterly unadulterated derange - at the news. He looked unto the several arisen surrounding him, shrieking, "I am nothing short of envious! Ignorance is a trait bearing no rightful place within any elf!"  

Edited by TheTri

High Prince Evar'tir Oranor expells curls of San'kalan tobacco smoke skywards as he pondered the day's events. "I had expected more, in truth." He laments to himself. "But I am not a man of half measures."

With Pride did Exarch Casreus deliver swift justice in the name of The High Prince, the fallen Templar, and Courage.

Dark Dael crossed his arms as he viewed over Kairn, his interest piqued. In truth, he found it curious to watch the man who had lost his son - the Dark Lord's ally - let the pregnant Mali away just short of her own demise. "A child bears no sin." He'd echo. "Good, Lord Kairn. If that is what you want to do, then continue with pride. I will soon join you, once this curse is expelled from my body." The man muttered beneath his breath, glancing behind him as two figures approached.

Daisuke watched on with horror at the sight, his sword hanging by his side in a tight grip; though he knew full-well that they had deserved what was coming and believed it was justice with all his heart, it was the first time he had witnessed such bloodshed.  It was not the first, he assured himself, and it will not be the last.  Steeling his heart with the news of Vulen's death and it's circumstances still fresh in his mind, he followed after the group, tossing lantern and matches against the burning vessels as the wood cried out with each snap.  When all was said and done, he would leave alongside the party, having shed no blood with his weapon that day, but felt a change in his thoughts.  One day, he too would have to take the life of another... and there could be no turning back.

Lylianth Ithelanen, who remained within the quiet lands of Camlannen, smirked cruelly as she leaned over the balcony rail, watching the blood-smeared party return to the keep. "Yet more stains bleached from this world, Kairn." The cold-hearted elfess sneered from above. "Another job well done."

"I wonder what Kairn's doing these days," Nemir pondered aloud as she was sorting aged tomes in the heart of a bygone land.

Galar enters the front door of the Ithelanen shadow tower (tm), carrying an empty carton of juice. "Dad! Did you drink all the-"  He begins to shout before coming to a sudden pause. The tower was empty of its inhabitants, and the only sign of their departure was a single, solitary note as well as a handful of Imperial marks left on the kitchen table.

"Will be back later. Had a business meeting. Drank all the juice- didn't want to be thirsty on the walk. I've left you some money to buy some more.

See you soon, 

Dad"

Spoiler

yo I’ve got no character to respond to this but wanted to comment that this is a well written post, rly good writing

Adreniel Elibar’acal observes from afar.

"Blood, blood, and yet more blood," murmured the seldom-seen huntress, that old optimism fading as a spark faded among canopies. There could be no peace within these accursed walls, she knew that now. Her thoughts turned toward family; as all of these people have been used up and tossed aside by their rulers, when would they find a reason to scapegoat the Hawksongs?

"Need to have a word with the wife. Time's come to not go down with the ship."

A druid ruminates on the past atop a lonely stone outcrop, situated in the middle of a pristine pool. "...I wonder what the bronze one is up to these days? Still up to his old antics, no doubt." With a sigh, the elf stares at his own reflection "Blood, carnage. His commitment is admirable. Few have the stomach for it."

He traces some old scars, faded and nearly reduced to memory. "Perhaps one day we shall settle old scores, but until then, stand fast and remain vigilant, Brother Leatherback."