[CULTURE] The Moon Glow Elves

Buffsanta

The Moon Glow Elves

The Moon Glow elves are a group of dark elves that are centuries old. They held  normal dark elf traditions at heart, but were always on a different path. All of them were trained from a young age to use a sword, and basic acrobatics. The spent the majority of their time in the east of the world, living temporarily in forests within Oren. All of them were trained in forgery, and developed a signature weapon called 'The Moon Glow Blade'.  It was a ferrum and aurum blade with a purple tint. It had a golden counter-weight, with a black leather grip. They had a runic language, which they used to engrave all their weapons and armour. Their qualities in life were pride and power - yet holding  respect for their elders and military  superiors.  They had strength in power and combat ability, but a weakness when they are at a loss, and have no power to change a situation. They were lead by a deranged elf called Kiror Livarai who wanted simply to have power over something, after he himself was thrown out by his kin. He lived by one quote:

"Power may be defined as the production of intended effects. It is thus a quantitative concept"

His successor - Hieran Livarai - left the group, after a failed attack on a group of dwarves, in which his parents were arrested and taken far off. After that, the group fell apart, and their members died one by one. What was left fled to Providence, or Dobrov. Though it had fell apart, they never forgot their old culture and brethren, Just never to meet again.

I understand what you're trying to do here. I really do.

But this isn't good to be blunt.

If you're going to flesh out a new culture it needs more depth that this. If I may suggest you read up on other cultures, such as the assorted Seeds of the Wood Elves, or even the Aaraloq family lore from Fenn. 

But this is a paragraph that tells me nothing.

10 hours ago, Keefy said:

I understand what you're trying to do here. I really do.

But this isn't good to be blunt.

If you're going to flesh out a new culture it needs more depth that this. If I may suggest you read up on other cultures, such as the assorted Seeds of the Wood Elves, or even the Aaraloq family lore from Fenn. 

But this is a paragraph that tells me nothing.

Ah so this is  just a basic run down for me to keep track of it, its not a new active culture, I just needed some where to write up a bit on backstory, so i can better make sense of whats happening in the present