A Fresh Coat of Paint [Clan Lur]

Maiyun

j8x_20JLaF1hKi4GOFUr8eMNQ9mwv5Omiu2MClmSgWQgyNUInOLpXUcc_deynTjtM14fHrSzGQlFCEyyCvRI8hNGnsPSudua3hvI4wWTEUw3-Vf15fgKnKe7uqafFBgPRqKSDRbM.thumb.png.fc39b8eb741868d986de24f7ddf91bd3.png

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

A displaced half-goblin, weary from their travels overlooks the sight of the mighty World Cactus. The shaman bristles with pride, knowing that even someone of their cursed lineage could bring to fruition such a marvelous testament to the might of the spirits. And yet, guilt snaked through the very core of Yarrow'Lur, a sense of duty and obligation that refused to allow them a peaceful respite. She arms herself with a broom, going to sweep out the empty, abandoned Lur Hall. 

Ready to pick up where she left off.

Spoiler

This post is made as an amendment to the trialing system for the clan that I had written up in the past. Since the clan is currently near empty, this gives me free reign to wiggle things around how I please until someone kicks me out again. For any clarification or confusion, feel free to contact me. 

THE REWRITTEN TRIALS

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

The Lur clan has made their mark upon the Orcish people through their prowess in hunting, animalism, and husbandry. Lur himself was renowned for not only slaying large and insurmountable beasts, but for taming them as well. Lur-Goi, one of the first orcish cities, sat atop the back of the most fearsome opponent; a Scaddernak. Paying respect to the honor of his lineage, the trials have been changed to better

reflect this. 

AZH

The art of the hunt is an important aspect of any orc's life. In a Lur, it exists as a testament to their skill and dedication. The hunt takes place in two stages. During the first, the aspiring Lur must track and capture a living animal of their Wargoth's choosing. This shows their patience and tolerance for the hunt, and the elements that work against them during it. The second stage involves bringing the beast before the Wargoth and slaying it, where the orc will be anointed with its blood and baptised anew under the ever watchful eye of Lur Himself.

DUB

As a Lur connects with nature and its bounties, it is necessary to demonstrate their respect and thankfulness for the wilds off of which they thrive. A shrine is constructed throughout the world, in the name of Freygoth and Votar, or even in the name of their favoured prey's spiritual representative. This both shows their respect for the selected spirit, and invokes them, so they will smile on the orc's future hunts.

GAKH

The final trial is meant to leave a permanent mark on the young hunter, solidifying both their connection to nature and to the spirits. The initiate is brought before the Wargoth of the clan, who consults the spirits on a suitable animal marker to scrawl across their skin. The inking process takes hours, with nothing to relieve from the pain in order to build up a tolerance. This can be mundane, or the Wargoth may petition a Farseer for a tattoo of higher quality should they find the initiate to be worthy of it.

OOC

For those interested in becoming a part of this clan, seek out the half-goblin Yarrow'Lur through roleplay, or feel free to contact me over discord so we can work something out!

IGN: Maiyun

Discord: uwu#5154

Levian'Tol Grandaxe sees a missive of Krugmar pass his desk ready to throw it into the fire before stopping and reading it over. He leans back in his chair as he remembers helping rebuild the Lur Clan Hall during the rebuilding of Krugmar under the Golden Rex. He pauses for a moment in thought of his old friend Yarrow before eventually tossing the missive into the fire. "Teh bloodeh day will pass soon enough."

Turge’Ram lumbered over to the new post tacked to the Goi’s notice board, reading his Lifemate’s announcement over quietly. “Guhnna need tuwh keep me hontz peeled fohr da wild azhez, huh?”

The former Dominus thumped the board with a chuckle before continuing on with his day.

I support any and all Lur content +1