[✗] [Feat] Blade Manipulation - Telumkinesis

AmericanSimp

-1 mispelled telekenises :/ learn 2 type sweaty?

(+1)

3 minutes ago, Slorbin said:

-1 mispelled telekenises :/ learn 2 type sweaty?

(+1)

Its a stolen fantasy word 😩

:D

pretty dope, I really like this concept

my bad if this is clarified somewhere, but if a weapon has the same functionality and abilities as normal CRP, how can this be countered? is the weapon able to be broken or warded away (since it can't exactly be "disarmed" from someone to my understanding, as there's no hands to disarm it from)? or is a player just endlessly stuck fighting a telekinetic sword until something saves them or they're able to run away? 

33 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

pretty dope, I really like this concept

my bad if this is clarified somewhere, but if a weapon has the same functionality and abilities as normal CRP, how can this be countered? is the weapon able to be broken or warded away (since it can't exactly be "disarmed" from someone to my understanding, as there's no hands to disarm it from)? or is a player just endlessly stuck fighting a telekinetic sword until something saves them or they're able to run away? 

So if the connection is broke, the sword being controlled is hit out of their range, or if it is shattered. Common counterattacks I expect to see is ranged weaponry, great question!

On a second note in regards to connection with the sword it will take more then just a pebble whacking your head to disrupt it as it wouldn’t be fair towards the swordsman. We are talking a strike to the head, a stab, and so forth just so it doesn’t take what we want to be equal combat mechanics, to being a swordsman a near curse in regards to crp.

This is awesome! 
It's funny how great minds think alike, though, or that weird phenomena that  folks are on the same wavelength on stuff, it's wild: 

jBym5.jpg

Lol

Anyway yeah I like the origins and intended purpose of this, but I have a couple critiques:

In the simplest way possible, while I do think swordsmen magic is something that does have a place on the server and has been missing for a long time, I feel like it should be moreso something that bolsters your melee sword type combat as opposed to some ranged-type spinoff telekinesis magic. It does have flavor abilities, but tbf the niche provided by spells like 'The Story Within' are, at this point, very overdone as I see them in a lot of lore submissions (Look at werewolf's bardmancy, for example). I just think that swordsmen magic should be comprised of spells that swordsmen can use while actually engaging in up-front combat with somebody, not swinging their sword while they hide a safe distance away. I understand that in the purpose section you talk about how you wanted to move the sword out of the hand and into the mind, but I simply don't think that's the niche the swordsmen magic should provide.

Figure I'd save the good things for second:

I like how you guys made mana the powersource but made it a non-voidal feat. Mana is something that isn't used to its full potential, in my opinion, because it is seen as the voidal powersource. I also greatly enjoy the idea of one tying their soul to a weapon and the origins of the magic. I don't think it's bad and wouldn't mind seeing it on the server, so overall it's a +1 from me. 

1 hour ago, TheTri said:

jBym5.jpg

Lol

Anyway yeah I like the origins and intended purpose of this, but I have a couple critiques:

In the simplest way possible, while I do think swordsmen magic is something that does have a place on the server and has been missing for a long time, I feel like it should be moreso something that bolsters your melee sword type combat as opposed to some ranged-type spinoff telekinesis magic. It does have flavor abilities, but tbf the niche provided by spells like 'The Story Within' are, at this point, very overdone as I see them in a lot of lore submissions (Look at werewolf's bardmancy, for example). I just think that swordsmen magic should be comprised of spells that swordsmen can use while actually engaging in up-front combat with somebody, not swinging their sword while they hide a safe distance away. I understand that in the purpose section you talk about how you wanted to move the sword out of the hand and into the mind, but I simply don't think that's the niche the swordsmen magic should provide.

Figure I'd save the good things for second:

I like how you guys made mana the powersource but made it a non-voidal feat. Mana is something that isn't used to its full potential, in my opinion, because it is seen as the voidal powersource. I also greatly enjoy the idea of one tying their soul to a weapon and the origins of the magic. I don't think it's bad and wouldn't mind seeing it on the server, so overall it's a +1 from me. 

Thank you for the feedback! I feel like when writing this we didn’t want to have the mindset of making this type of “sword magic” with spells and casting but moreso an addition to combat roleplay through adding a new type of “mechanics”

4 hours ago, Charbi said:

This is awesome! 
It's funny how great minds think alike, though, or that weird phenomena that  folks are on the same wavelength on stuff, it's wild: 

It would be nice to see both this and Armiger on the server, however I feel as if ours is more mechanics based in terms of roleplay instead of Armiger which is highly magical.

I absolutely love this, great job! So proud of you! +5

Even though it's a magic based around swordplay I was very happy to see some non combat use! I see an opportunity for a really interesting interaction if one's sword is broken and how it could affect them psychologically or physically. Perhaps you'd consider writing something like this in?

I hate the flavor around this lore. Genuinely reads like it was ripped from anime and has main character syndrome. I could get past that if it had interesting mechanics but it's literally just "sword not in hand but in air".