Old player's AMA

Jistuma

Mud maidens :p 

legit haven't seen you in years. What have you been up too? 

8 hours ago, Crystal said:

Having been on the server nearly 9-10 years on and off with you I'd like to say its been an absolute pleasure getting to know you both in character and out of character. With that being said I'm sure you have a whole list of things you wish you knew when you started.  So can you list some of those things now and What advise would you give someone new who's getting into roleplay for the first time on LOTC?

I think the most important thing I can tell a new player is to join a group. Look around the forums a bit, join the LOTC discord and talk to the players there, walk in the game and talk to the people you find. If you enter with a goal/skill already defined for your character, head to a city and try to find out where you can join a group that fits into your character. A group is what will make you not only meet players to rp and play with, but also keep playing with the same players and create friendships. Also, as said in a previous reply, some of the best fun I had in the game was the group banter I had with the players outside the game in chats.

Use #h channel, I didn't have that when I started, it's pretty useful. And don't be afraid to make mistakes when you start, your name will have a light purple name that will indicate to others that you are new.

1 hour ago, Delmodan said:

Mud maidens :p 

legit haven't seen you in years. What have you been up too? 

Hey Delmodan! Glad to see you still around.

Well I finished uni then started working. so pretty much lost most of my time to play. Now I'm pretty confortable with time, so am around.

Any place on the Tech Team for a JavaScript developer?

19 minutes ago, Gaius Marius said:

Any place on the Tech Team for a JavaScript developer?

Think there are people to focus on the forums? That might have JS? I haven't checked, sorry Gaius. Ask Kowa.