Vulmir's Abdication

ndmPBgKb2V2m6eT8AYpF_kVil1vAm0d14uD2MqLjAgTdoXVZMdUi2DKk76iXDxH7Kp-NpMM1bUmzN5jzaWSXuMLwPTKtWd1NejJgCamszPkfoFPtapAeS7qVPJAMB6zow4TaVQRE

The Unified Domain of VULMIR

Decree V

It is with a heavy heart that upon this date, 24th of Snow's Maiden, I Vulmir resigned from my position of Monarch of The Domain of Vulmir. I relinquish all lands claimed within the past year back to upon Old-Vortice. Too, all decrees of my party retracted and nullified.

I write this all with a sad-hand and fear for many lives. Not even following the end of the Saint’s Day of my last decree, was I resting within a home outside of Vortician territories. With my Second, Telos, and a friend's little child, Anna, where we conversing over a cup of tea and a rather well prepared meal. All was calm in my secluded home till a knock rested upon the door. Masked men invited themselves within my home and proceeded to forcibly remove us three and subsequently subdue us.

With my two close friends knocked into sleep, we were moved from my home and to an undisclosed place within the city of Talon’s Port. Glimpses are all I can manifest and to where my location was at the time, is rather uncertain. Within the streets of Cordius Way. Upon fully awakening, I found the little daughter of my dear friend had either been left behind or taken upon another area. Nonetheless, myself and Telos were now surrounded by rocks and caves. A room filled with, who I later learned to be, the Jusmia family.

The man known as Gusiam Jusmia introduced this ceremony by drawing a blade from an odd looking statue in the corner of the room. All participating adorned in tattered robes that leaked mist of red. The air around where we were bound was thick with the smell of copper, and chains and an odd signia laid plasted around the walls. The only way in was a small lift in the corner.

The Jusmia spoke in an odd tounge. From experience, I deduced it might be some form of orcish speak. Though it was rather broken and with a heavy accent. The man proceeded to bring this blade upon my right most leg, piercing it with an odd sickness. The blade was laced or created with an sickening material.

All while this procured, my partner Telos remained unbound, corralled into a corner. A proficient mage took opportunity and warded off the two Jusmia around him long enough to distract the third. While he did, I made my escape and called for a guard. Alas none came, and the happenings of Telos are sent with my best wishes. The man is strong, and he surely was capable of warding off three weak minded cultist.

Sickness has taken to my leg and I fear for my life now in an undisclosed location provided by a friend. I write to warn all of the happenings within Vortice. This, I fear, is not the first of cultist within the city. Let alone, upon Athri Belrose’s council.

Spoiler

[!] Attached is a copy of a decade-old missive of the Vortice government.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/203612-the-banishment-of-saemos-hidone/

Be wary citizens of Vortice. Your streets are not safe. Nor, is the council working in your best interest.

Signed, Vulmir

GfnG5FSxVuIBmDsC6tgbd0f7CqH0yhu5Tjful14RjV_QfP9aXipjGYRWiQoNzmldNXM6mAoGwMVwMDMegyeewFWwNL_dRWqI0pcAlHAj_eqRV9akExIJVRcmdcZH3nEa2GDDEM_p

“DO NOT FALTER!” Dael’droch screeched, “DO NOT BACK DOWN, FOR WAR IS ON THE HORIZON!”