Resignation | Velocity

Polysemic

To the Silver State of Haelun'or,

There is comfort to be found among the walls of the Silver State. In truth, I returned hoping I would find a stable State, something I could build something upon. Nothing less was true; I found a State fractured in two, divided in people and ideology.

The current Sohaer, Kolvar Uradir, knows nothing about velocity. He, like many others in the government of the Silver State, finds himself comfortable in his position. When news of war with Haense came, he decided not to act in hopes the conflict would resolve itself and there would be no war coming to his own gates.

Alas, we all know how that ended up. It is this comfort that is found in the Silver State that makes many lack velocity. This lack of velocity causes a league of problems. The State does not move forward, and most of the time, it does not decay. Only shifting in its leadership, allowing it to bleed and stray further from what it once was; staying stagnant as always and never innovating into a better future for the people that live within.

For these reasons, I resign from my position as Tilruir’maehr; A position with no growth, much like the Silver State. The Okarir’maehr was informed of my resignation, and I am sure it does not surprise the Sohaer.

I wish the citizens of the Silver State good luck in the upcoming war; You will need it. I tried fighting this war before it was announced, yet my words were left unheard. Know who you bleed for, and when the State does not grow, cultivate yourself.

In search of truth,

Ehier Telos Andria’liene

Telos Andria'liene muttered quietly to himself after posting his open resignation, "Just another step forward." His lips curled into a smile after this, leaving his previous home behind. Another step, but unlikely to be the last.

"To be fair, he did say he'd left behind Haelun'or several times before." Haskir shrugs as he read the missive, "It wasn't unexpected he'd leave again. He hates Haelun'or as a nation ... no doubt he'll hate it again, and again, and again."

A tired 'ker would clap his hands a few times "Finally! It took you long enough." With that, he would proceed to down a glass of ale, holding a brilliant grin upon his face

Ro'ya Nullivari offered a mere sigh and a nod at the writings of her dear lliran and teacher. “Rather inspiring.”

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jl2sj570cuol4jmoa1

The mage on his lonely stroll through the lands for the past year takes notice of the missive. The elf scholar removes his hood to then rip the missive from the board and hums with his eyes gazing over the paper. Hanging it back up. "About time llir, about time..."  He spoke, giving the owl upon his shoulder a gentle pat and lifting his hood back up, carrying on with his journey.

A blonde mali'aheral was strolling by the floating citadel as she caught wind of her friend's resignation.

"Hah.. he literally told me about it yesterday. It seems like he doesn't waste any time does he?"

She mused with a dismissive shake of her head, continuing on with her day as well as possessing a lingering thought that perhaps she should pay Telos a visit.

THE INNER PAINS OF TELOS MAL'MAYLUIR

KNOWN ALSO AS 'TELOS OF CART-BOMBS AND HOMOEROTIC LOVE' BY HIS OWN STATEMENTS

OR, A TREATISE ON THE

IMPORTANCE OF EATING BEETS AS A CHILD

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=441&height=589

The story of Telos Mal'mayluir is a sordid and sorry one, the painful essence of which is difficult to convey in words - but hearken, citizens of elcihi'thilln, for this is a tale that must be remembered lest it be repeated.

Telos, you see, was little different from you or I, physically - for just as us, he had platinum hair and blue eyes. Let this not fool you, however - for elcihi had become lax in the years just before Kolvar took its helm, and allowed wantonly the chaff of previous generations to return. Reputable figures were absent from Telos' youth (spent 'neath the trees of the barbaric grottos), and his mind twisted by lesser doctrines - but further, horrifying facts have been discovered upon investigation.

HIS CORRUPTION BEGGARED BELIEF.

For the esteemed Sillumiran have recorded thusly as the events to have unfolded over the past half-decade:

That, on record, Telos Mal'mayluir has admitted that five (kulin) years ago, his travels through the world of the lesser races brought him to the snowy reaches of Fenn (home, of course, to the Maliata'fenn).

That, whilst indulging in Fennic hedonism within their "tavern" (a gross misrepresentation of one, purportedly host to exotic dancers five days out of six), he was propositioned by a Fennic man - and accepted.

That this Fennic man showed him the "value" of the lesser races - and in their impure love, turned him away from the Path; and that upon gaining this "understanding" of the lessers, he abandoned the State.

That within the next two years, he attempted not once (oem) but twice (niut) - as self-declared before all 'thilln in the main square of elcihi - to burn down elcihi'thilln, especially the Eternal Library.

That, as self-declared before all 'thilln in elcihi, he knew himself to be unfit and unable to fill the role of Tilruir, and as such felt obliged to resign.

And finally, that the Bloodline Archives have been consulted, and his grandmother on his father's side was a hidden Maliata'fenn, and an agent of the Fennic Tribes sent to destabilize elcihi.

DEAFEN YOUR EARS TO THE SQUEALS OF THE PIGS.

For their oinks and screeches in the din of sodden holding-pens are of no meaning, instead meant only to bring attention to them by the farmer. For their willingness to mate at will is a habit perpetuated by their animal nature, and further proof of their lack of higher intelligence. As Telos has shown, to will more of pigs is fallacious.

SHIRK NOT THE BEET.

For personal health remains important in combatting the attempts by the Fennic Tribes to homosexualize our population, that they may finally invade and burn elcihi. For the beet brings memory of the fundamental values of a strong household - the intellectual father, the artistic mother, and the filial child. As Telos has shown, the breakdown of this family unit breeds weakness.

In closing, citizens, place no meter upon the false words of this 'ata; remember always Larihei's love. Beware, citizens and visitors to elcihi - elves especially - for the only direction in which Telos progresses is towards other men.

maehr'sae hiylun'ehya

WAdq0rc.png

Tiuthwyn Harriel,

Disappointed Citizen

This is posted directly on top of Telos' posting.

@Iverach @Moribundity @Cepheid @Ryloth @Lhindir_ @TheIchorDruid

Spoiler
59 minutes ago, OOCEMPIRE said:

OR, A TREATISE ON THE

Reveal hidden contents

The story of Telos Mal'mayluir is a sordid and sorry one, the painful essence of which is difficult to convey in words - but hearken, citizens of elcihi'thilln, for this is a tale that must be remembered lest it be repeated.

Telos, you see, was little different from you or I, physically - for just as us, he had platinum hair and blue eyes. Let this not fool you, however - for elcihi had become lax in the years just before Kolvar took its helm, and allowed wantonly the chaff of previous generations to return. Reputable figures were absent from Telos' youth (spent 'neath the trees of the barbaric grottos), and his mind twisted by lesser doctrines - but further, horrifying facts have been discovered upon investigation.

For the esteemed Sillumiran have recorded thusly as the events to have unfolded over the past half-decade:

That, on record, Telos Mal'mayluir has admitted that five (kulin) years ago, his travels through the world of the lesser races brought him to the snowy reaches of Fenn (home, of course, to the Maliata'fenn).

That, whilst indulging in Fennic hedonism within their "tavern" (a gross misrepresentation of one, purportedly host to exotic dancers five days out of six), he was propositioned by a Fennic man - and accepted.

That this Fennic man showed him the "value" of the lesser races - and in their impure love, turned him away from the Path; and that upon gaining this "understanding" of the lessers, he abandoned the State.

That within the next two years, he attempted not once (oem) but twice (niut) - as self-declared before all 'thilln in the main square of elcihi - to burn down elcihi'thilln, especially the Eternal Library.

That, as self-declared before all 'thilln in elcihi, he knew himself to be unfit and unable to fill the role of Tilruir, and as such felt obliged to resign.

And finally, that the Bloodline Archives have been consulted, and his grandmother on his father's side was a hidden Maliata'fenn, and an agent of the Fennic Tribes sent to destabilize elcihi.

For their oinks and screeches in the din of sodden holding-pens are of no meaning, instead meant only to bring attention to them by the farmer. For their willingness to mate at will is a habit perpetuated by their animal nature, and further proof of their lack of higher intelligence. As Telos has shown, to will more of pigs is fallacious.

SHIRK NOT THE BEET.

For personal health remains important in combatting the attempts by the Fennic Tribes to homosexualize our population, that they may finally invade and burn elcihi. For the beet brings memory of the fundamental values of a strong household - the intellectual father, the artistic mother, and the filial child. As Telos has shown, the breakdown of this family unit breeds weakness.

In closing, citizens, place no meter upon the false words of this 'ata; remember always Larihei's love.

maehr'sae hiylun'ehya

WAdq0rc.png

Tiuthwyn Harriel,

Disappointed Citizen

Telos Andria'liene laughed loudly upon hearing of the new message, drafting an open letter to the Silver State once more.

To the confused citizens of the Silver State,

I believe there is some clearing up to do. First of all, the man I courted was a 'ker, and it was well over five decades ago. Second of all; We weren't going to burn the Eternal Library, we were going to either make it float and move it elsewhere, or translocate it. Of course, as a now retired librarian, I can safely say there is absolutely nothing to steal from the Eternal Library or College. It has bled as much as the State itself, remaining a mere husk of what it once was.

It should also be mentioned I arrived to the Silver State after Kolvar Uradir took the position of Sohaer, and that I was handpicked as Tilruir'maehr by the Okarir'maehr. None of these things I mention in this letter are secrets; They have all been public knowledge to the Sohaer, Okariran, and their Tilruir. Lynch not me for having mistakes in the past, lynch them for not correcting me on them if you see me unfit for the position I held.

In search of truth,

Ehier Telos Andria'liene

Seraphite Viradiraar found the resignation rather easily, the paper dainty between her fingers. A short huff of laughter leaves her at the words on it, the corners of her eyes becoming crinkled with the smile on her face.

"Took you long enough, mal'onn." Seraphite huffs, folding up the paper and sliding it into a drawer to store it for later. "The city is rusting- rusted as I said. No longer silver, but a cheap minic of it. A shell of what it use to be- what it could've, but never was, and never will be."

4 hours ago, OOCEMPIRE said:

SHIRK NOT THE BEET.

A sickly Okarir’tayna stirred from her slumber in a coughing fit, kept only alive by the beet juice from the fennic illness she had caught two years ago and had been fiercely battling. The firey haired Valyris glanced over the missives with glazed eyes and she spoke out in a croaky voice. “I knew there was a reason he detested the beets….” She muttered, a bit confused on what was comfortable about her state. “Alas… I will recover soon so this will be dealt with…” Her fever-driven ramblings continued as she fell back into her sleep.

“By all means knock yourself down.” The Okarir’maehr exhaled a soft sigh and gave a slow, disapproving shake of her head. “But do not drag those you consider or considered lliran down with you. It does not show you in a very flattering light.” Valindra muttered under her breath, shifting a hand through her silvery tresses. “You had already made your point the first time you said you were resigning, let along the second when you decided to yell about your impurities for all to hear and this, the third, where you try to further defame those who believed in you. Such a dramatic approach of declaring your impurities is something I would have expected of a Sutican from a time we both remember all too well.” 

8 hours ago, OOCEMPIRE said:

OR, A TREATISE ON THE

Reveal hidden contents

SHIRK NOT THE BEET.

In closing, citizens, place no meter upon the false words of this 'ata; remember always Larihei's love. Beware, citizens and visitors to elcihi - elves especially - for the only direction in which Telos progresses is towards other men.

maehr'sae hiylun'ehya

WAdq0rc.png

Tiuthwyn Harriel,

Disappointed Citizen

A Tundrak reads the missive over his tea. "Even our satire is better than theirs," he decides, tossing the paper within a nearby wastebin, before his silvery gaze is drawn to his framed collection of the Stolt Standard - among his most prized possessions.