XXXII Session of Royal Duma

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 389 SITTING

OF THE XXXII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 7th of Tov and Yermey, 389 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Vyronov

Grand Maer Amador

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting of this 4th of Tov and Yermey 389 E.S. session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved, and this sitting shall now begin. We shall now be discussing the The National Holidays Act of 389 E.S, written by Count Kortrevich. The chair calls upon Representative Kortrevich to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I’ll keep this short so we can get out of here quickly. So, traditions are important and ought to be preserved. As the Kastellan Scribe it is one my responsibilities to preserve old Haeseni traditions for the next generation to follow. This act shall officially observe the National Holidays of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska in the Haurul Caezk. For far too long have we seen Haeseni customs, traditions and even holidays be forgotten. Though I see reason to end this by enacting this act. If you take a look you’ll find listed five National holidays. Obviously, this list can be expanded upon through amendments but these five I find to be vital to be observed by Haeseni subjects. That is all, Lord Speaker.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.

Otto Morovar: “Why does it have to be a bill and in law? Why not publish this as a piece of culture.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “It’s legally binding this way.”

Klaus Barclay: “Legally recognized. It’ll give the kids one day off school.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Bank holidays - get you out of a day’s work.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Because it’s a national holiday to celebrate you dunce.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Remain cordial, Representative Baruch.”

Robert Ludovar: “If it’s legally binding then it's enforced into law. It sets a precedent.”

Otto Morovar: “I mean, yeah. I don’t care really, I was just wondering.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “I motion to vote.”

Ailred Ruthern: “I second this motion.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion is passed, we will move to a vote.”

NATIONAL HOLIDAYS ACT, 389 E.S.

By Jan Kortrevich

AYE

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Kortrevich

Royal Alderman Ruthern

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Vyronov

Grand Maer Amador

The National Holidays Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing The Treason Punishment Amendment of 389 E.S, written by Viscount Robert Ludovar. The chair calls upon Viscount Ludovar to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Robert Ludovar: “Honorable members and peers of the Royal Duma, this bill is quite simple and straightforward as it gives a variety of punishments for treason, as some crimes may not require the death or torture of an individual. This includes embezzlement and, if passed into law, the killing of the National Animal. I conclude, your Excellency.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Klaus Barclay: “If you commit a crime against the Crown, you should be punished as such.”

Juliyus Kortrevich: “Monetary fine for treason is outrageous!”

Robert Ludovar: “Are you suggesting that our Jovenaars are incapable of handing out the proper judgement?”

Juliyus Kortrevich: “Of course, I am and I’ve been suggesting such for decades.”

Casimir Colborn: “A traitor deserves to die screaming.”

Robert Ludovar: “These are fine ladies and gentlemen who have been studying the law for years, decades.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Lord Speaker, does the Viscount not bloody hear himself? Treason should have no other punishment than death!”

Robert Ludovar: “So you still think that killing a Crow is worth the life of a human being?”

Klaus Barclay: “If they did it intentionally while knowing the law, yes. I don’t now why you would kill a crow intentionally anyway, I wouldn’t imagine they taste nice.”

Robert Ludovar: “People are starving.”

Otto Morovar: “Nobody is starving.”

Klaus Barclay: “Then give out food! The Knight Paramount has one chest for the poor, does he not?”

Otto Morovar: “You’re going off topic.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Yes! A thousand times yes! If you commit treason, you end up in a ditch where you bloody belong, whether it be stealing or killing the sacred animal of House Barbanov”

Robert Ludovar: “And what of the National Animal Act? If that law is passed then it suggests that a person should either die or be tortured for killing a Crow! I’m a Ludovar, we are kin to the Barbanov, yet surely some of you see the harshness of that.”

Klaus Barclay: “And they have never had a problem with treason meaning death. Clearly, they believe the current punishment for treason isn’t fair. The crime of killing the National Animal only applies if it was intentional, not accidental.”

Robert Ludovar: “I’m not saying to remove the death penalty, or the tortune one either. Our Jovenaars are experienced in the field of law for decades, and in trials of treason there are three heads, not one. So I don’t see the harm in allowing them to have a variety.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Aside from the crow argument you’re spiralling down - why would we want those who have been convicted of a treasonous offense to be offered the chance at indentured servitude. I can not see a use for this punishment over execution.”

Robert Ludovar: “What I’m trying to say is that this bill allows for our Jovenaars to make more just and rash decisions. The King himself chooses these fine men and women.”

Juliyus Kortrevich: “Lord Ludovar, this bill would be much more acceptable if you are willing to remove the monetary fine clause.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Lord Speaker, the only thing mental is this bill! Making a punishment less than death is ridiculous, I’m ready to bloody vote. I motion to bloody vote! I’ve had enough of this foolishness.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Lord Speaker, I think most of the representatives have their minds made up, I motion to vote.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Will there be a third motion to vote? I still hear debate.”

Juliyus Kortrevich: “Before the motion, Lord Ludovar will you remove the clause on the monetary fine?”

Robert Ludovar: “I still have words to say, your Excellency.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Respond to Alderman Kortrevich while you’re at it.”

Robert Ludovar: “If removing a monetary fine is what will sway your vote, then I will remove it.”

Casimir Colborn: “Killing a crow is an insult to our people. Anyone that should kill a crow should die.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Can we vote on it already?”

Ruslan Baruch: “When Viscount Ludovar has finished with his closing remarks, we shall.”

Robert Ludovar: “If a person is sentenced to death for the killing of the National Animal, then that was the justification of the Jovenaar. However, I believe they should be given options of punishment rather than be constricted to two. This bill aims to give them a choice, one that was entrusted to them by our just King. If you all can’t see that, then I move to a vote.”

Casimir Colborn: “The only voice should be between death by hanging or death by beheading.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion to vote is passed.”

TREASON PUNISHMENT AMENDMENT ACT, 389 E.S.

By Robert Ludovar

AYE

Herzen Ruthern

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Vyronov

Royal Alderman Ruthern

Grand Maer Amador

NAY

Herzen Barclay

Herzen Baruch

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Lord Palatine Colborn

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Mondblume

The Treason Punishment Amendment Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing the Mister Dirtgrub Advisory Act of 389 E.S, written by Alderman Ruthern. The chair calls upon Alderman Ruthern to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Juliyus Kortrevich: “I motion to throw this bill out.”

Casimir Colborn: “I second the motion.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Allow for the Alderman to speak about his bill.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Thank you, your Excellency. I will keep it short for you all. Mister Buck Dirtgrub is an icon and the fact some of you are not even willing to give it proper thought is insulting to his service to this nation. The man - at least I think he is a man, but as far as I know he’s some kind of dirt human hybrid, but regardless he has done much for this nation but he lacks the competency in legal and monetary matters to own a home. I wish to advise the Crown to make a special exception for Buck Dirtgrub and give him even a meagre home if he so wishes for it. That is all, Lord Speaker.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “How old is Buck?”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “[REDACTED] knows.”

Otto Morovar: “Old.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Older than dirt.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “If he’s about to die, this bill is simply a waste of time.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “An old man does not deserve a warm bed and house after serving? Even if it is to die in.”

Robert Ludovar: “We don’t even know if he’s human, could be an elf. Might as well be an elf!”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “It’s like giving Royal Alderman Kortrevich a free home, my father is about to die any day now!”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Yes, but Royal Alderman Kortrevich is a prick at times - Buck is always a gentle and caring soul.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Remain cordial, Alderman Ruthern.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Lord Speaker, if the man in question is too mentally deranged to pay taxes, maybe we should put him out of his misery!”

Klaus Barclay: “If he’s going to die soon, may as well let him die in a nice bed.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I recommend putting him in Saint Karl’s retirement home.”

Otto Morovar: “I motion to vote.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Lord Speaker, if you had any common sense, you’d throw this bill out. This bill is making a mockery of this duma.”

Robert Ludovar: “However this man has been serving since the era of Lord Marshal Erwin Barclay, so he’s clearly old. I do agree that Buck is, and continues to be, a loyal servant to Haense. In fact, I’ve had the honor of serving alongside him at the Siege of Valwyck, where we both fell off of a wall but somehow survived by the grace of Godan.”

Andrik  Baruch: “He’ll get no sympathy from me, the bloody mentally deranged should pay his tax and if he can’t he should be left to the streets like the rest.”

Casimir Colborn: “No taxation, no representation! Just increase his rank in the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily, that is all.”

Otto Morovar: “Buck doesn’t even own a property, he hasn’t owned one since New Reza.”

Andrik  Baruch: “Then why is this a [REDACTED] bill.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Just because you don’t like the content does not make it an illegitimate bill - I motion to vote!”

Andrik  Baruch: “There is no bloody content, this bill is as ridiculous as Alderman Kortrevich’s haircut.”

Klaus Barclay: “I second the motion to vote!”

Casimir Colborn: “I motion to put this bill in the [REDACTED].”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Lord Speaker, throw this bill out.”

Otto Morovar: “I motion to burn all copies of this bill.”

Klaus Barclay: “To allow the man who has served this nation before we were all born a chance to finally live comfortably!”

Robert Ludovar: “We could always just offer him free housing in the barracks.”

Casimir Colborn: “Just give the man a trophy, I’m sure he’d wet himself with excitement.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I understand Buck Dirgrub is a man to be admired, but we are not here to give him special treatment. This bill will not be voted on, and it will be discarded. We will not be voting on this bill, please take a seat Alderman Ruthern.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Thank Godan! Haense is the only nation who praises the mentally deficient.”

MISTER DIRTGRUB ADVISORY ACT, 389 E.S.

By Aleksandr Ruthern

AYE

N/A

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

N/A

The Mister Dirtgrub Advisory Act has been thrown out of the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “With that, duma is hereby dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 390 SITTING

OF THE XXXI SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

yEgkuaeNGztvotRYzIDezBJHPp42OgHDZXMgV9kD2bYTwni9HmlPxpeKwVd5mujGakGsIQHi3tzTSR4ca-G2Z_u_eeKsicVQXf2GOlJkH7J_rcvnZZi-RdbZfnZiPtXxX-aNnmZ3

On this 6th of Tov and Yermey, 390 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Royal Alderman Ruthern

Grand Maer Amador

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting on the 4th of Tov and Yermey, 383 ES, the first new session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. We've reached quorum.”

-Komit Kortrevich cheers in excitement.-

Ruslan Baruch: “We shall now be discussing The Personal Guards Reform Act of 390 ES, written by Komit Kortrevich.”

Jan Kortrevich: “Prevja all.” Jan, holding his bill in hand said as he rose up. “This bill speaks for itself. It seeks to increase the number of guards each house, at their respective titular rank can employ. It's quite important that we as peers are allowed to have additional protection for our family members, when we may not be around to do so ourselves. A lower ranking house deserves protection just as much as any other house might!” He concluded, dipping his head at the Speaker and returning to his seat.

Robert Ludovar: “This has been a long time coming, I have nie issues with this bill.”

Ailred Ruthern: “Motion to vote. . .?”

Jan Kortrevich: “Seconded.”

Ruslan Baruch:  “Any objections to this bill?”

Robert Ludovar: “Third.”

Ruslan Baruch: “We will move to a vote.”

PERSONAL GUARDS REFORM ACT, 390 E.S.

By Jan Kortrevich

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Ruthern

Grand Maer Amador

The Personal Guards Reform Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “All ayes, this bill passes. We only had one bill today, and our Royal Inquisitor is missing again, so there will be nno questions for any Aulic Councilor today.”

Jan Kortrevich:  “Who is our Inquisitor?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Grand Maer Karl Amador.”

Jan Kortrevich: “Oh!”

Isaak Amador: “He turned down that role I thought.”

Jan Kortrevich: “Nie, that was Bossir Mondblume as Handler.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Nie, Bossir Mondblume turned down the role of Lord Handler.”

Isaak Amador: “Da, but vy nominated my brother for Inquisitor and he never responded.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I reached out t' him at a later time, he accepted.”

Isaak Amador: “Ah, I see.”

Ruslan Baruch: “This duma is dismissed.”

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 391 SITTING

OF THE XXXII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

On this 4th of Tov and Yermey, 391 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Herzen Ruthern

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Ruthern

Grand Maer Amador

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting of this 4th of Tov and Yermey, 391 E.S. session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved, and the sitting shall now begin.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “How many times has Lord Mondblume been absent, Lord Speaker?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Four dumas.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I believe it is around four.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Shouldn’t his seat on the duma be revoked?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Yes, today was his final day. I will contact Baron Mondblume for his reasoning and act upon it.”

Robert Ludovar: “Only the Crown can legally remove a seat, the Lord Speaker may only do it with Crown approval, but I agree that the action is necessary.”

Ruslan Baruch: “You are correct, but I will not advise the Crown to remove the Baron’s seat if the reasoning for his latest absence is fair. Afterall, he might’ve fallen into a coma. [...] We shall now be discussing the Gentry Act of 390 E.S, written by Baron Robert Ludovar. The chair calls upon Baron Ludovar to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Robert Ludovar: “Before starting, I’d like to give the credits to the author of this bill, Mister Erwin Bishop. I’m merely a supporter and the sponsor of this bill. Regardless, this bill aims to define a gentry class between the commoner and noble classes in the Haurul Caezk. I’m sure many of you are aware of the countless times this has been attempted throughout history, but I believe this is a step in the correct direction. That is all, Lord Speaker.”

Johann Barclay: “Who will define which families are gentry?”

Robert Ludovar: “The crown, naturally and former nobility as well.”

Johann Barclay: “Right.”

Robert Ludovar: “So Vanir and Vyronov would be considered gentry under these definitions.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “There’s a reason as to why this has been attempted and failed so many times, it's because this bill is simply unnecessary. There’s a reason why the authors of the Haurul Caezk; namely the former High Justiciar Sir Konstantin Wick excluded the mention of a gentry class.”

Robert Ludovar: “Don’t you believe that the houses who contribute more than some noble houses even deserve a higher status than those who don’t contribute at all?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “No, you’re either noble or not, simple as.”

Adrian Colborn: “I believe while gentry isn’t defined, most can grasp which are on their own. Though offering the gentry more, may it be culturally, or in their rights could certainly be of interest.”

Robert Ludovar: “Nobility is a birthright, gentry can and should be earned through contributions and merits.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Nobility is kept by toil and service to the Crown, Baron Ludovar. Vyronov and Vanir should know about it.”

Robert Ludovar: “I don’t think there would be any harm in implementing a gentry status. If there are any, please state them now. Gentry class are those in knighthood, high government, or even contributive disowned nobility.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “It just doesn’t need to be implemented to begin with. We’ve gone through two law codexes; both of which excluded the mention of gentry for a reason.”

Robert Ludovar: “What reason is that?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I see no reason to go against set-precedent, Lord Ludovar.”

Robert Ludovar: “You have yet to mention the flaws of it.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Ludovar, there’s no positives to gain from this, it’s simply unnecessary and fluffs up the Haurul Caezk even more than it already is!”

Adrian Colborn: “Those of significant gentry are already treated differently from the common folk. If there is something I do believe however it is that our gentry certainly matter to the state. While not needed to be put into law there are other ways to give the gentry more presence; may that be culturally or otherwise.”

Robert Ludovar: “It allows those of contributive non-noble families the chance to be rewarded through better status and with that- more privileges and duties. The gentry does not exist so long as it does not exist in the Haurul Caezk.”

Adrian Colborn: “I understand your reasoning but the King and his Aulic Council can always reward the gentry. To become gentry is sometimes in its own right a reward of the Kingdom.”

Robert Ludovar: “Which is exactly why it should be implemented in the Haurul Caezk, it legitimizes it. The words of King’s have always gone absent soon after their reign. The only thing it sticks are through edicts and legislation. This bill will make the gentry class an official class.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “An official class that has gone undefined since the inception of this Kingdom. [...] There’s no reason to go against set-precedent, there’s no reason to start handing out rights and privileges to those you think are not appreciated enough.”

Robert Ludovar: “Because it has yet to be defined!”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Get on with the voting. The voices are loud and clear.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I motion to vote.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I second Lord Kortrevich’s motion.”

Robert Ludovar: “I’m not done speaking! The status quo is not the best standard.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion is declined.”

Ruslan Baruch: “One moment, Baron Ludovoar. The voices of Baron Ludovar, Representative Kortrevich and the Lord Palatine are loud and clear, but yours is not, Representative Baruch. What is your opinion?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “The bill places the Crown and the State in a bad position, it is the will of His Majesty to reward gentry per say, not to have it provided to old noble families who forsook past bygone generations.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Thank you, Representative Baruch. You may continue what you were saying, then we will move to a vote.”

Robert Ludovar: “Then it is the will of His Majesty to remove that gentry status from those families if he sees fit.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Then what is the point of having said gentry class from the get-go.”

Robert Ludovar: “As it stands, no gentry class will ever hold significance without a legislation or edict supporting it. This bill is to reward the significant families of non-noble status.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Yes, as it should be. You’re either noble or a commoner, to go against centuries of set-precedent would be foolish and bring you down a wary path.”

Adrian Colborn: “I believe there are plenty of families in the gentry class that hold significance.”

Robert Ludovar: “Precedent has always been broken throughout centuries. Change is only made when precedent is broken.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Yes, you’re right. Though this is one that shouldn’t be broken.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I motion to vote.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Will there be a second motion to vote?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I second the motion to vote.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion is passed, you may sit Baron Ludovar.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “[...] Lord Speaker, is the girl below me even old enough to vote?”

Nikoleta Barbanov: “Yes I am, I’m fourteen.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Which one?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “The one below me.”

Ruslan Baruch: “How old are you, girl?”

Nikoleta Barbanov: “I’m fourteen!”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “I doubt that, she looks no older than ten!”

Ruslan Baruch: “You wouldn’t lie, would you? Godan punishes liars.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Yes, Nikoleta. Godan punishes liars.”

Nikoleta Barbanov: “I would not lie. I was taught better. I’m representing my brothers considering none of them wanted to show today.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I’ll believe you, no need to worry Representative Kortrevich.”

GENTRY ACT, 391 E.S.

By Robert Ludovar

AYE

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Grand Maer Amador

NAY

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Morovar

ABSTAIN

Lord Palatine Colborn

ABSENT

Royal Alderman Ruthern

The Gentry Act has failed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “Only one bill today, but before I let you leave, nominations for the 391 E.S. General Elections will be posted later today. Encourage your family members to run, perhaps it will look good on your house for the next Audit, almost as good as duma bills look. This sitting is hereby dismissed.”