The Festival of Bjorn, 39 SA

AstriaS

[!] Flyers are posted around Norland and the lands of friendly nations, pinned to bulletin boards, stuffed into mailboxes, and passed out by a cadre of particularly diligent couriers.

hS7hwiSPQvV2tYtWivrB6DyaCDkbYvhUTKnxj4VGVDaqNJ_FNJRMlEf7T9tTu68uGeop1J2MKobVou1-15U9JilJBCqrJHRu5VVE_g9iCC7a3G44rPdWR3GPngQ2z5OuAQ_mFejx

The Festival of Bjorn, 39 SA

An Invitation

TO ALL WHO WISH TO ATTEND,

In honor of Bjorn Rayeckson, first Champion of the Red Brothers and the Paragon of Battle and Warriors, the Red Clergy announces that we will be hosting a celebration of martial skill, open to any and all who wish to participate. To be hosted in the main square of the capital city of Varhelm, the Festival will consist of the following events in the order they are listed.

THE FEAST

The first of the events on offer, a feast will be held in the Berserker’s honor. Food and drink will be provided to all attendees free of charge, and tales of Bjorn will be told by the Keepers alongside stories and legends of combat told by the Kingdom’s veteran warriors.

THE TOURNAMENT OF BJORN

Following the feast, a tournament of martial prowess will be had. Participants will engage in several rounds of fisticuffs until only one competitor remains, with the winner being recognized as the Champion of Norland. Additional prizes are as follows:

First Place: The victor of the tournament, in addition to the title of Champion, will receive a prize of 200 Mina as well as a one-of-a-kind blade forged specifically for this contest.

Second Place: The first runner up will receive a prize of 100 Mina.

Third Place: The contestant who comes in third place will receive a prize of 50 Mina.

Registrations for this tournament will be open until the commencement of the Feast, to allow ample opportunity for as many contestants as would like to participate.

Spoiler

RP Name:

IGN:

Either drop it in a reply, or DM me (AstriaS#4670)

THE OLBARD CONTEST

The final activity of the evening will be the opening of the Ashwood Tavern, and a traditional Norlandic Olbard contest. The entry fee for this contest will be 5 Mina, with the victor receiving one half of the house’s take.

OOC:

Time and Date: Thursday, August 26th @ 4:00 PM EST

Tournament starting at 5:00 PM EST, Fights will be fist PvP

"Badass." Ellenore says.

"Woah! This is going to be so cool!" said the 8 year old Ragnvald Eiriksson, preparing to get his ass beat again!

RP Name: Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric

IGN: RagnarAKAJavvy

Edric reads the notice and grins, slapping his son Rune on the back. "Fisticuffs, lad! Come, lets head to the arena and train for that. Im a tad rusty."

"Tis a chance to test my new blade," Lee Sun says to himself reading the missive.

Vane smiles giving a thumbs up "Now this is epic"

Spoiler

af715c0a6016e077e27d332bb9858966.gif

Robin begins training on the meat in his freezer, using them as a punching bag. "Those minas are mine!" he said as he trained smashing his fists into the 'temple and kidney' of the hanging meat.

nbNlqrnMIrdO1OztZJ55Y7DsnFLX8R6q877iA6-Fg7DtxD0Lm85ck4mHr-yrMfLRaiDzATR5DYVpwFOcBXHA8ZkS8911DOYWKPr2NdATefF8e2EXml2kR3HJKbd_dw2KSfcuUISa=s0

Bjorn, "The Gruff," Rayecksson smiles down at his brothers and sisters from the All-father's Great Hall

"Thank you" Ellathor Vanari says smiling to one of the couriers as they give him a flyer. He hums reading it "Now would be a good time to visit my old home." Would laugh faintly, raising his gaze from the flyer, the brows slightly furrowed asking himself "I wonder if I still have that blue paint..."

RP Name: Ellathor Vanari

IGN: MrIronThing

Edited by MrIronThing
Wanted to change the color

Vander Volaren scribbles his name to sign up for the tournament. 

RP Name: Moriaen

IGN: Mr_Friday

*due to work, could I possibly be one of the LAST combatants on the roster? Just in case I'm slightly late?

Petrel signs his name, hoping to at least gain some helpful fighting practice.

RP Name: RetiredGoon

IGN: Petrel Volaren