THE FALL OF ANDO ALUR

Werew0lf

Arici mourns the loss of his daughter and mother at the fall of the city, prepared to give all dragon kin the finger.

Kosher Daesmon wakes up from his nap, sensing a great disturbance. "Huh? Something's happened... can't be bothered, I'll find out later" He says, going back to his dream-filled slumber

The Okarir'maehr had gathered a group of 'thill upon a hill to watch the entire ordeal. She exhaled a sigh as though the entire affair had been but a mild inconvenience. While a few in her company were debating which group on Almaris was more impure than others, she turned to speak to those not engaged in the debate.

"This is a stark reminder to all today of the hubris of magi, and the very reason I refuse to pass on my arcane gifts to future generations. Ultimately, ignorant magi tend to create messes, and then leave others to clean them up. "

Valindra remarked coldly as she felt the ground tremble beneath her, her staff in hand as she gazed upon her beloved city.

"I wonder how many sacrificed their lives to seal the tear, only to be shamed by those around them who do not recall the voidal tear crisis of Arcas, where multiple tears of enormous size littered the entire continent, where many lost and gave their lives to ensure that those who came after them could continue in a realm where those who perished hoped that history would not repeat itself." 

For a moment, a brief flash of sorrow appeared in the veteran's eyes, and her head gave a slow shake. 

"Quite a few lliran sacrificed themselves during those turbulent times. A half-uruk, known as Bonehead, threw himself into the maw of a voidal horror during the voidal horror invasion of Curon.  Even a creature as blatantly stupid as that halfbreed knew the sheer amount of trouble those tears caused, and what could have occurred if we did not put an end to them. 

Her gaze panned down to the voidally enchanted skeleton key that sat on a chain around her neck, a memento from those terrible aforementioned times. 

"And yet... All those deaths the last time were in total vain as near a century later, a group of mages decide to abuse that which almost drove us from Arcas. The tears. And what is more disturbing... These mages can't have been inexperienced to bring about what I assume is an enchantment so potent, it could lift a whole mass of land... They likely knew all too well the cost of their foolishness."

Valindra gritted her teeth as she made her way down the steps of Haelun'or, towards the front gates to await any refugees. The clinic had been prepped, the sillumir alerted and birds sent out to her numerous contacts to not only inform them that she, herself was unharmed, but to check that they had not become a part of the initial deathcount. Her mind drifted elsewhere then, instead edging towards the thoughts of the mages who had raised Ando Alur.

"What reasoning did these imbeciles have? Did they wish to boast, show off, put on a show or  were their intentions far darker? Did they plan to destroy Ando Alur, voidally taint the area to a point where mundanes could barely lift the sword they so frequently raise to defend us? Unfortunately, if any of such were the motives, they failed all. Ando Alur lives on in its people and the druii can easily purge any remaining scarring as they did on Arcas.  The only things that shall remain as a reminder of their crimes is a mass of rubble and what I can only assume are multiple nations of furious individuals. Not even Haelun'or knew of the raising of this island until it was too late. Elsohaer and I knew well that it would crumble eventually, and thus we had prepared."

As word reached her of the events leading up to Ando Alur's fall, she pursed her lips. 

"The mages were too lazy to clean up their own failed experiment. The number of fatalities continues to rise. It honestly says something when a group unrelated to the rising of Ando Alur has to be the one to sacrifice its own loyal soldiers to prevent any further, more severe damage from occurring... And yet, I sense the history books shall tell this tale differently. Those ignorant to the workings and nature of voidal tears shall twist the story, make heros villains and villains heros."

She turned then to wander into the clinic while others took over waiting at the front gates for the wave of refugees from the fallen sky city. Lowering herself to a sit, the elfess, exhausted from years worth of preparation for this event, felt the burden of having to manage such anticipation wash away, a weight akin to thousands of souls resting upon her shoulders.

"The tear had to be sealed or we would have sustained far more significant losses than one city and several people. No choice was completely morally good, but the lesser of two evils was certainly closing it off before more damage could be done. This all could have been avoided if those fools hadn't lifted the damned city in the first place. For once, I agree with the Dragonkin. The voidal magi created the wound, the Dragonkin were merely halting the bleeding. Now, I imagine the druids will have to see to it that infection is purged and the wound is healed."

The 'thill paused, regarding the few naysayers she'd met while Ando Alur was afloat who claimed all would be well. A smirk curled at her pale lips, and her eyes fluttered to a close. She needed to restore her energy in time for the cleanup missions and patients she would likely have to aid with. Even so, while her mind drifted towards more pleasant thoughts, she couldn't help but whisper up to the ceiling, despite knowing such would reach no ears.

"I told you so."

Annika Anastasija was sat in her room, curled up on her sofa with  copy of the Scroll of Auspice in her grasp, when she noticed the chandelier above her head and her glass of Carrion Black at her side shaking from the tremors which vibrated through the continent. "The creature will never get my children now." She murmured, her gaze never leaving the page. 

A Mali'ker somewhere would revel in the downfall of this tainted state. "Their fate was already set to occur."

Avius gritted his teeth, chafing at the thought of missing out on so great a deed as this. Nevertheless, the 'ame warrior swiped the full scabbard from the floor and started off. There would be consequences to such a destruction, and they would be dealt with accordingly.

A mage smiled beneath his helmet as he heard of the deeds of his comrades, wishing he had been there himself.

"And so the wretched hive of traitors and parasites falls... To allow the servants of the Aspects in their midst, to open up a voidal tear for nothing but vanity... They deserved the fate that came to them, no decent man should feel any pity for them."

And so he put out his campfire, offering a prayer to the righteous fallen that gave their lives for the sake of the world.

Aether Mill'nara ******* called it. She ******* called it. That blasted city WOULD fall to the ground, and everyone WOULD die in the impact. She TOLD that poor dark elf who entered the city.