[PK] Faith

Valannor

The large being of Makazgath grieves for his favorite hunting friend - even if he did bash him around sometimes. While his memories faded, The Hound would be remembered and joined some day.

"Good riddance," Prince Amaesil Vuln'miruel says. His eyes betray him, though. He wished to be the one to bring death to the Accursed Beast. So many had called him foolish for following his heart and standing by his conviction. Yet the Hound, despite its words, still faced him. His fist tightened.

"Damn you, Hound."

Saevel heaved a sigh of sorrow, but he did not weep.

Edited by Nozoa

A cloaked figure meandered through those dank halls of the Synod, on her daily venture toward the library. At one point, she'd began mumbling as she glossed over the shelves in search of a certain tome.

"I wonder where the Hound is. And that . . .  One Barrowlord. Heciline. I haven't seen either in some time. Yam more glad about the latter," the figure cackled, her slender hands snatching a book by its tarnished spine. "That old dog'll turn up again soon, yam sure. Probably caught dueling another one of those 'ame. Needs te' learn to be more careful." Unknowing & blissful, that hag settled down and cracked open the tiny journal. 

"Jac . . ." she warbled, craning her head up as the geist passed - a sight for sore eyes. No, rather . . . A sore sight for eyes. That old magi never truly had been accustomed to their ghastly visages. Anticipating a swat on the head, the figure continued, "Have vy seen him? Te' Hound?"

@bloomtiara

The equally faithful Jackal widened its soulless eyes in horror as its memories of Hound began to fade from the forefront of its already wracked mind. A scream of pain and sorrow emitted from its lair, deep in the hellish underbelly of the Tsutenkaku estate. 

"Sleep well in the soulstream, balmark.. For perhaps I will join you there soon..The phantom collapsed its phantasmal body to the ground in a fit of sobs. Its haunt seemed to carry a bit more sorrow on that shallow night..

The 'ame felt regret from his death, though once a bad person, she still felt bad that this was the end.

Father Paco would wonder what became of Aleksy from time to time. He prayed for his wretched soul for he knew that there was more to this "dark wizard" then what met the eye. 

Perhaps he went to de Seven Skies finally, the Padre thought to himself, and hoped for the best.

That Poltergeist wandered about the depths of a library, dusting the olden books lining the walls. She hummed, in the worst of tunes, twirling around dark spaces between the shelves as her crimson dress brushed against the cracked stone floors.

"Hound.. where are you? I've yet to hear you these past days..."

That odd being wondered to herself, flipping through pages to ensure no rot came to the scriptures.

As that old friend of hers wandered past, she would look up to them, a book waved around aimlessly. "I haven't. Where is he..?" She spoke, in a tone oh so rattling; and even yet, spoke to the woman as she always had. "It's.. strange. I hope Hound returns soon." @TreeSmoothie

The Amber Druid, dying with that hound - he would dip his head to his friend as he saw the hound end with the blast.. His own end coming only moments after.

Hours before calamity, an iron-clad magi shook the wintry gauntlet of that geist.. a compact of the ages sealed, for the good of all Men.

Neither would return.

Atop of one of the highest points in the dwed lands, a particular flaxen hair man ponders to himself, "Ich do vonder vhen t'e next time ich vill fight along side t'e Hound?" The man's forest orbs flicker over the horizon, allowing himself to fall once more into an extended meditation cycle.

"One of them, hm?" A Romanian boy said, staring stoically into the sky within his tower, "I will keep them in my thoughts tonight."

Nataliya sat in her chambers as she thought back on the frightful day. full of chaos and anguish. no one would ever want to relive such a tale. however, one thing lingered in her mind. the possession of Heinrik the mad. . . the memory was still clear as day, the poor princess tied to the pyre, about to be burnt as she watched in utter horror of her disgraceful nephew, being taken over by utter madness. the aging woman remembered the words he spewed out, words not of this world. . . .a supernatural language. the ghastly creature seemed to have possessed the maddened King as a distraction, allowing the crowd to fight back and put out the fire that would've engulfed her surely. though Nataliya knew not of his death. be that as it may, one phrase lingered in her mind . . . . .  one, phrase she could understand from the creature once it had left the King hurrying back to the devilish graveyard from once it came. "Godani punishes the wicked." The Princess clenched her hands tightly as they rested upon her lap. after a moment, she stood up from her chair, sauntering towards the door. "I know what I must do. " she stated in almost a whisper, before shutting it behind her.

Spoiler

Though it was likely she would never hear of Aleksey's fate there was a certain shift, a tinge of remorse to Aobh's soul as the geist was ripped from the mortal realm. Lit candle in hand, she remained steadfastly knelt within the temple of Xan, old memories swirling treacherously through her heart and mind. It was true, as a Paladin she had some obligation to demanifest ghosts, to give them that small mercy. Yet... Yet. There were those that made hypocrites of her, who she could not enforce her own preaching upon. So many ghosts she had cut down without a second thought, so many dark spawn she had never held empathy for. Yet... Yet. There had always been exceptions: Samuel, the first person she had loved. Veil, who had tried countless times to kill her but in a twisted way felt akin to a friend. Alekseywho she had met all those years ago in the Haense church, who had called her weak, who she had come to a draw with. 

"Where've you been Addie? I missed you." That dogged affection, bound by friendship, the compassion she felt for the geist who had suffered so horrifically in life, reunited in the sewers of Haense some six years after she had faked her death. That accursed coin with the imagery of the Hound on it, an object she still carried with her. 

Yet still, all must die, even the immortal aengudaemons and those others incapable of aging, geists included. The Inferi war had proven that. Sam's slow fading from the mortal realm had forced her to accept it. As that explosion stemmed from the voidal tear, something deep within Aobh's soul stirred. Whereas the rest who had known Hound seemed to believe he was simply missing and would return, deep down she knew she would never see her long time friend again. 

"Did you find peace in the end, llir?" She whispered to the candle, off-white bandages which bound her visage now dampened from the tears that formed. Grief, and then a small smile. "Of course you did. You had already found it. You had finally realized your purpose the last time we spoke."